[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /tv/ honest opinion on superheroes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
And please, avoid company wars.
>>
>>71726282
From the recent wave,
I like Snyder superhero movies.
That's about it.
>>
They're a shitty cancer on both comics and movies, draining resources away from more potentially promising, challenging works.

The best super hero stories are the weird ones, which will never occur on a screen, due to budget constraints.

Unbreakable is still the best cape movie ever.
>>
>>71726282
>>71726444
inclined to agree

just think about what it means that they have to constantly reboot or otherwise keep their characters in suspended animation, passing through a few years worth of time throughout decades of publication

and the 'weird' stories are better because they actually get to be something
>>
They saved blockbuster filmmaking.

Not even joking.

They made blockbusters fun and interesting again.
>>
>>71726621
This. Superheroes are the perfect subject material for exciting action movies, and can be enjoyed by a wide age range. But mostly by autistic manchildren like the majority of this board.
>>
Superhero movies are just the Arnold/VanDamme/Segal/Stallone movies of the 80s and 90s.

That being said I've been a little disappointed that my favorite comics were either flops or not developed into movies.

I also don't know why they have a million great VERTIGO comics and they've only developed a few of them.
>>
it's time to stop
and this is coming from a guy who's been reading comics from the late 90s, i'm drained and i don't have the energy to even read them anymore
find myself reading a lot of more /lit/ stuff and seeking out indie stuff, back issues of Heavy Metal, Epic Illustrated, 1984/94, EC comics, etc.
>>
There are two huge problems with them.

1. Superhero movies siphon funds that would otherwise go to original films in favor of "expanded universe" content that fails to tread new ground. Much like how novel series and TV shows of yesteryear would continue interminably until ratings collapsed and the money went away, the same is happening to films that crossbreed in the same "universe." X new movie can't be allowed to stand on its own, it NEEDS Ironman to cameo, or it NEEDS to tie in to X bigbad who's being hyped for Justice League Mutant Heroes: Electric Boogapocalypse.

2. Superhero movies are increasingly the most reliable moneymaker overseas (re: China), and so as studios seek to draw in the foreign eyeballs, they're going to censor, and they're going to pander, and they're going to eventually say "hey, Americans are only going to theaters at 20% the rate of China. Why the fuck are we appealing to Americans when the Chinese are where the money is?" It's then that these movies will stop having messages altogether, for fear of losing out on foreign markets. They will literally be nothing more than explosions and buff people grunting at eachother.
>>
>>71726282

They are our modern Greek /Roman gods... of this era where real religion is dissolving and losing its grasp

We have created our own mythos whit these new odols..

new ideals to strive for

new types of evils to fight
>>
>>71726282
Batman is by far the best.
>>
All they are is glorified children's movies
>>
what the fuck is so exciting about grown men in costumes fighting

please someone help me understand
>>
I don't know shit about comics and hate capeshit.

Neither can understand the appeal about modern blockbusters specially with so many good movies to watch they all seem shallow in depth with all the childish good vs evil plus the excessive cgi and battles where no ones gets hurt.
Btw it looks like a trend for social bound and sometimes I do feel awkward around young adults and have to say I never watch them.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.