[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's the 7th month of 2016 and the two best films of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
It's the 7th month of 2016 and the two best films of this year I've seen are Green Room and The Nice Guys

Please tell me there's more I've missed. It looks like a fucking wasteland right now.
>>
Zootopia
>>
Love & Friendship

Hail Caesar!

OJ: Made in America
>>
The Witch
Louder than Bombs
Cosmos
Evolution
Everybody Wants Some
The Wailing
Mountains May Depart
>>
>>71724168
Shit, I did see Hail Caesar! I liked it, but honestly, I didn't like it that much to mention. Coen's did fine at the musical bits, but it was really disjointed and erratic.

I should rewatch, probably.

>>71724179
Thanks, I'll take a look.
>>
>>71724219
>really disjointed and erratic

I agree completely but it still had me grinning throughout. It was unique, even for a film about Hollywood, and it gets funnier the more I think about it. A second viewing is definitely in order.
>>
Check out The Trust. It's so underrated and I can't believe no one is even talking about it. Basically Nic Cage and Elijah Wood as two corrupt cops who end up becoming world-class jewel thieves trying to evade drug cartels. Also has Sky Ferreira.
>>
>>71724287
Oh absolutely, I saw it opening day. I loved the experience, but a day later thinking about it just felt empty.
But at the same time, Fargo S2 was running, which was loved of course. A weird irony in that.

>>71724303
That sounds insane and beautiful. I will life-long be a Nic Cage fan. Thanks.
>>
>>71724303
>Sky Ferreira

She was pretty fucking bad in her small role in The Green Inferno but she is perfect for Lynch. I cannot wait to see her in Twin Peaks.
>>
>>71724179
>Louder than Bombs
very disappointing 2bh
>>
>>71724062
based gilgun, why isnt he cast in more things?
>>
>>71724062
You really haven't missed much, those are unironically the best movies of the year other than maybe Wailing which I haven't seen yet.

The worst part is the rest of the year doesn't really look much better.
>>
>>71724397
No idea. He didn't go full retard like Sheehan, and in my opinion he's far more talented.
>>
>CTRL+F
>No Swiss Army Man
>>
I was >>71724506
I'd also like to add The Neon Demon
>>
>>71724506
Fuck I forgot this was out. I read it's super tweedy though. I don't know if I can handle that many layers of irony (yes I know how hypocritical that is seeing as I'm posting on /tv/)
>>
>>71724506
Shit! I forgot about that. It's in my queue.

>>71724532
I had a chance to see Neon Demon early at The Royal but it was a mean day and I went to bed drunk instead. Gave away my ticket to some dude on Bunz.
>>
>>71724532
Why would you do that? Just because /tv/ somehow likes it doesn't mean it's good.
>>
Batman v Superman
>>
>>71724179
the wailing is fucking amazing desu senpai
>>
Hardcore Henry
>>
>>71724559
I didn't really see it being very irony based. It's a movie that just is what it is and has fun with that.

>>71724733
But I did like it and I think it's very good.
>>
>>71724791
I will defend this movie to my grave. There's a lot to it that people write off.
>>
>>71724855
I may have to check that out. I was unsure on it.
>>
>>71724791
Was wondering if I'd see this.

Literally the best action movie of the year.
>>
>>71724906
It's not incredible, obviously, but it definitely is the harbinger of action.
>>
Also, fucking RIP Anton Yelchin.

Dude had a future cut short by a freak accident.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.