[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOLY KINO, BATMAN The definitive version is amazing. It doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
File: Superman-vs.-Batman-cartaz.jpg (221 KB, 972x723) Image search: [Google]
Superman-vs.-Batman-cartaz.jpg
221 KB, 972x723
HOLY KINO, BATMAN

The definitive version is amazing. It doesn't even feel like a three hours movie, it feels like it has 1 and a half.
The visuals are incredible, the action scenes are exciting and the dialogues are the cherry at the top.

Fuck me sideways, Snyder, you actually made a good movie.
>>
File: Apologize.jpg (340 KB, 880x320) Image search: [Google]
Apologize.jpg
340 KB, 880x320
Apologize.
>>
>>71721660
It actually felt like a cinematic epic should feel like.
>>
The funniest thing out of this whole "BvS SUCKS LOL" fiasco is the subtle insinuation that the other comic book movies are in any way shape or form "good"
>>
>>71721660
The first half of the movie was garbage, especially batmans dream sequences. What were there, 3?
>>
>>71722005
They were great.
First one shows how his parents' death gave birth to the Batman.

Martha' is set up in the opening scene with a Citizen Kane homage that establishes the word as Bruce Wayne's 'Rosebud'. But, as it's actually spoken by the father character, you get a complex series of associations where Bruce suddenly sees Superman as a father figure, who then - when Lois intervenes - morphs into a reflection of himself. You also have this strange fear of motherhood with Bruce as he dreams that Martha Wayne returns from the dead as a monstrous bat (that metaphorically gives birth to Batman), but then he resolves himself to saving Martha Kent - who was, of course, labeled a 'witch' for (again metaphorically) giving birth to Superman.

Last dream portrays Bruce's fear of Superman and the monster he himself became. In Armond's words:
>Batman’s nightmare of battling Superman plus his own enigmatic demons imagined as Stymphalian wasps. The scene spins agonizingly slowly (though not in slow motion), becoming ever more hallucinatory. It fuses comic-book imagery to the oldest Western myths.
>>
>>71722005
three if you count the title sequence
there's nothing wrong with them either

hell, the comics pull that shit all the time, the dark knight returns in particular portrays bruce as an actually fucked up individual who has moments where he breaks down and relives that night
>>
>>71721660
great film
>>
File: 1432724756686-1.jpg (24 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1432724756686-1.jpg
24 KB, 250x241
summer fags took the "bvs is kino" meme seriously
>>
>>71722572
Too bad bvs just kinda portrays bruce/batman as an incompetent angry drunk and the dream sequences influence absolutely nothing nor speak to anything.
>>
>>71724841
>He thought it was a meme
>>
>>71725035
God, I fucking hate you cunts. This board gets worse every damn summer.
>>
File: 1320808592248.png (335 KB, 673x601) Image search: [Google]
1320808592248.png
335 KB, 673x601
>>71725100
It's okay, bro. The Civil War DVD gets released this September..with a Sneak Peak at Dr. Strange!!
>>
>>71725100
>every summer

>turns out hes a newfag

protip faggot. newfag summer started 10 years ago, and never ended.
>>
It was still shit. They should've just made an entire movie from the Mad Max-type dream sequence a la Injustice, would've been more entertaining and original
>>
>>71721660
mmm I love it
>>
>>71725021
they reveal his inner perspective, which is all that can be demanded of it
>>
I saw both versions. And honestly I have no idea what was new content and what was from theater cut.
>>
>>71727541
you might be retarded
>>
>>71721660
I thought it was a meme, the ultimate edition was really enjoyable to watch. I should mention I didn't watch any other mention though
>>
So which should I buy, the Best Buy exclusive steelbook, or the Target exclusive digibook?
>>
>>71730087
does zack snyder do a commentary track? there better be one for three discs
>>
crap. crap. crap.

Ive paused it twice to smoke weed its so boring and disjointed.
>>
File: 1467057304286.jpg (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1467057304286.jpg
19 KB, 200x200
>>71725035
>>being this summer
>>
>>71730873
>Ive paused it twice to smoke weed
that's probably why you're not enjoying it you fucking pothead

learn to pay attention to something for more than twenty minutes without chemical assistance
>>
>>71730873
>pause to smoke weed
>disjointed
>>
>>71730896
a priori ad hominems are a classic public school summerfag trope. keep it up.
>>
File: dotd.jpg (38 KB, 800x336) Image search: [Google]
dotd.jpg
38 KB, 800x336
>>71730873
>pothead degenerate is too dazed and numb to appreciate quality cinema

Never change
>>
>>71721942
Most other comic book movies are simply adaptations of comic book storylines onto the big screen

They're not trying to be something that they're not

BvS is like a Five Finger Death Punch song, it's trying way too hard to be something that it's not, and crams in references to god and the devil and stuff in a hamfisted attempt to be "deep"
>>
>>71731006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He4YV1uqwfs

This is BvS in song form right here
>>
>>71731006
actually that's how its cutting the shit
cutting the pretense that these characters and their appeal is so unique and singular
>>
File: martha.gif (2 MB, 480x226) Image search: [Google]
martha.gif
2 MB, 480x226
>>71731466
This.

There are so many important themes that are explored in comic books. The problem is that the interesting ones are mixed in with all the simplistic ones, the simplistic ones are easier to write, and many comic writers would rather write an issue that sells than one that makes you think.

Goyer knocked it out of the park with BvS. Enough with these pleb memes.
>>
>>71721660
Is this out somewhere? Can I watch a version of this that isn't a shitty cam?
>>
>>71731571
all over torrent sites
>>
>>71731596
I'm seeing that now. Is it actually any good, A/V quality-wise? It seems weird that a 1080p version would be out so soon after the theater
>>
>>71731554
really makes you think
>>
>>71731554
>their moms coincidentally have the same first name, which is literally the only thing that prevents Batman from murdering Superman

>really makes you think
>>
>>71731616
No it is the official release. Companies now are stepping up their tempo for home release since people seem to prefer home media morr now adays
>>
File: znyder.jpg (268 KB, 1536x1090) Image search: [Google]
znyder.jpg
268 KB, 1536x1090
>>71731668
>be a retard
>continue to perpetuate this meme

Sorry you got filtered, bro.
>>
>>71731717
>something that literally happens in the movie is a "meme"
>Lois Lane has to run in and say that Martha is his mom's name, just to drill it in in case you were too dumb to remember

OK chief
>>
Have you preodered the Ultimate Edition yet /tv/? I got two one for me and one for my wife's son
>>
>>71731554
slow down turbo

the writers try their best to go all out but everyone knows that nothing can happen that truly changes the status quo, which is the problem, the exact same 'problem' that bvs gets criticized for, not setting up and maintaining a status quo ie playing out the thought experiment
which is funny, as comics that play out the 'thought experiment' are self contained stories that use these character archetypes

stop being condescending
people lump everything bvs related together and you're not helping
>>
Just saw it. Loved it. Why are people hating this? Fucking shits, I didn't see it at the cinema because of you lying lot.
>>
>>71731802
>turbo
>all out
>status quo

What the fuck are you typing? Learn to clarify, cunt.
>>
>>71731867
sorry, tired

i was telling that guy to slow down because he's eager to go off on a tirade about muhh this movie so so deep comics are cheap

when the case is that writers want to pull every trick they have and take the characters into new places but they can't because of the 'fans'

more to my point, its interesting to consider that only elseworlds/alternate universe get to go anywhere interesting with the characters, as the mainstream are held creatively hostage in a way

so largely, the evolution of the characters comes incrementally from whatever sticks from writer to writer

the difference with the movies so far being that they actually let the dominoes drop
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.