[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on that dude from the Flop House and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: elliott.jpg (295 KB, 1000x335) Image search: [Google]
elliott.jpg
295 KB, 1000x335
What are your thoughts on that dude from the Flop House and the Daily Show being the head writer for the new mst3k?
>>
File: under the desk.jpg (28 KB, 324x192) Image search: [Google]
under the desk.jpg
28 KB, 324x192
MST3K died when Trace left.
>>
I thought you said Full House.
I was ready for MSTkino written by Bob Saget.
>>
>>71718715
I thought it was at least serviceable till the end.

This reboot is going to fucking suck though and I'm glad Mike, Bill and Kevin have nothing to do with it.
>>
Mst3k was already back with rifftrax this is just a soulless cash grab. They didn't even get Kevin Murphy to be servo.

This "reboot" will be shit on into oblivion and done within a year or two while Rifftrax will still be doing 4 live shows for the next decade

SyFy years>Mike Comedy Central years>>>>>>>>>>>Joel years
>>
I'm just trying to pretend the reboot doesn't exist. Anyway >>71719043 is almost right but season 6 with Mike and Trace at the same time is peak MST
>>
With who they're hiring this looks like its gonna be a leftist echochamber
Most of the original MST3K writers were more varied making jokes more likely to to find an audience
This is easily the most depressing nostalgia cash grab out there because everyone knows mst3k shouldn't come back but they decided to dig up its corpse anyway.
This is going to appeal to the scene geek who watches the Big Bang Theory and browses Reddit.
MST did the rare thing of appealing to most without straight pandering.
Maybe I'm just biased
>>
>>71719114
>Maybe I'm just biased
Maybe you're bitter, because you sound it.
>Mike, Bill and Kevin have nothing to do with it.
This makes me nervous too. Mike was the best head writer the show ever had, and Bill and Kevin embody those characters. I'm familiar with the stand up/ podcast/personalities of Hampton Yount and Baron Vaughn and I like them, but I don't know if they can live up to what I want and remember.
>>
>>71719011
scifi channel years have some of the best episodes

i dont know if that's because they had access to more movies or because the writing got angrier
>>
>>71716659
>new mst3k?
stopped caring as soon as i heard felicia day was given a role
>>
>>71719433
>the writing got angrier
That's why I love the syfy years the most. The Joel stuff was really goofy stuff like "did he just say [something that rhymes with what the actor just said]?" and focused on the skits just as much as the movie.

Once Mike was the host the humor changed and once bill replaced trace it turned into just general anger towards the movie and making everyone involved with movie seem like a retarded.

Just compare Mitchell and Final Justice. There's a few jokes about JDB being stupid but Final Justice is like nonstop fat jokes. I love it
>>
>>71719779
>everyone cares what i have to say
hating women comedians is an even older meme than that horrible plane scene
>>
>>71719433
>the writing got angrier
I don't want to admit it, but I really think this might be why I prefer the Mike episodes. It feels like bullying if you put it that way, but that's really what it is if you think about it. The part that made them good was the message behind every joke, which was "You suck! And fuck you for trying!" It gets blood thirsty.
>>
>>71719893
hating Felicia Day does not equal 'hating all female comedians'... think before you type kid
>>
joel was my favorite part of mts3k. i paid towards the kickstarter because i love him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut-hn7sFieE&t=74m0s
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.