[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: The-Night-Manager-poster.jpg (70 KB, 530x788) Image search: [Google]
The-Night-Manager-poster.jpg
70 KB, 530x788
What did /tv/ think of this?

What's the best Le Carre adaptation?
>>
>>71714532
Best is A Perfect Spy
>>
>>71714843
That's clearly Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy though
>>
>>71714532
The Night Manager is okay. i found everything about it pretty compelling yet still somewhat of a letdown. i can't put my finger on it. the cast was great, the international setting stellar, the cinematography tops, but something was missing, possibly a better screenplay or direction. maybe b/c it was so by the numbers, i found my interest fizzling by the latter episodes. good series, could have been great.

as for best Le Carre adaptation, from what i've seen, i'd say it's Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy with Oldman.
>>
>>71715236
I can see what you mean honestly. I did like it, and it was very slick, but things felt a bit like going through the motions a lot of the time. I think the direction was the major problem, as well as some shitty lines (like the weirdly shoehorned in "MY CLUB IS FOR MEN ONLY", I mean really what the fuck).

In my worthless opinion if you want the best Le Carre adaptations you should look to some of the older stuff. A Perfect Spy is great, as is the original series of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and its sequel Smiley's People.

Things got a bit less exciting when the Soviets went away.
>>
>>71715339
yeah, direction and screenplay are to blame, i guess. funny, i usually admire Bier's work but she's been on a bad skid since Love Is All You Need. her films prior to that one, besides Things We Lost In the Fire, which was also good but not great, were all home runs. I've yet to see A Second Chance, though.

i'll look out for older adaptations. do you know if any are up on Netflix?
>>
>>71715654
Not a clue. One that probably would be is The Spy Who Came In From the Cold, but that's a lot older.
>>
>>71714843
One of the best ever examples of a story to give men feels. There's not enough stories that deal with the relationship of fathers and sons, and how that shapes a life.

Fuck, it gives me feels just thinking about it
>>
>>
>>71714532
very meh, not awful (Hugh Laurie is most certainly a delight) just only okay
>>
>>71716322
Damn she looked good
>>
>>71716430
ss story line in this webm
>I have a new date for tonight. He's young, and he's seriously hot.
>>
>>71716516
Don't be weird
>>
>>71716541
that's literally what she says in the show
>>
File: Debicki.jpg (602 KB, 2048x1478) Image search: [Google]
Debicki.jpg
602 KB, 2048x1478
>>
>>71717223
Is she Russian?
>>
>>71717441
Polish.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.