[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HBO is back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 261x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 261x384
HBO is back
>>
>>71712836

Hm, if this is true I might give it a watch. The previews haven't really done it any justice. John Turturro always gives a solid performance tho
>>
The first episode was the tits. Needed some Frank Semyon wisdom lines in it to be 100, I take it

>Caspere knew this
>>
The name seems pretty stupid
>>
>>71712836
Based Johnny. Underrated as fuck.
>>
>The Night Of
Don't end sentences with a preposition, dumbshit.
>>
No it's not. Netflix and Amazon has completely usurped them
>>
>>71713542
It's not a sentence, though
>>
It's well done for what it is, but it's very uninteresting for me.

I also can't help but see it as a Serial S1 adaption.

>pakstani suspect who was on drugs
>sketchy black witness
>omg so complicated case
>>
>>71713542
yeah! its should be "The Night 've"!
>>
>DON'T TALK TO ANYONE
>NOT EVEN YOUR WIFE'S SON

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71712836
>Riz Ahamed

Awesome. I've been a fan since Four Lions. Nice to see him getting chances.
>>
>>71713896
*Ahmed
>>
Was James Gandolfini supposed to be the character that Turturro is playing??

Also for those anon's who have seen it how is it??
>>
is the british version good too?
>>
>>71713957
Actually now that you bring it up I remember seeing his name. Is this the show he was passionate about? Because to me the show feels very much a product of this current time.

As for the show it's pretty decent and atmospheric and the suspense is insane but overall it's nothing we have never seen before regarding story or setting/premise.
>>
>>71714162
Yes this is the show he is even listed as executive producer i think. HBO didnt want an open series and when writers rearranged it into miniseries and HBO greenlighted it Gandolfini died.
>>
Just finished watching the first episode.
It was pretty awful. Easily one of the worst and most poorly written first episodes of a television show I have ever seen. HBO has really lost it.
>>
>>71716256
Explain.
>>
>>71712911
You've got to grab life by the balls while they're still dropping, Rey, or else life will be dropping you.

Caspere knew this
>>
>>71716304
India boy made all the wrong choices one could possibly make in his situations
had he just called the police and explained what happened he would have easily gotten out of it
instead, he takes the murder weapon with him (!), runs out, forgets his keys, has to break back into the house, gets pulled over for taking a left turn, gets then taken back to the crime scene for god knows why by two officers who just wanted to end their shift, and finally, when the weapon is found on him tries to run away when surrounded by cops
also all other characters are entirely unlikable (that fucking detective...), the lighting is awful, and the story tired and predictable
>>
>>71712836
>decades
>at least 20 years

So, before The Sopranos. Before The Wire. Before Oz. Before GoT season 1. Best new drama in decades.
>>
>>71716615
The characters are definitely unlikeable so far, that's true. The only likeable one is Turturro, and I don't think that's just a coincidence. Seems like they're intentionally written to be unlikeable.

Every illogical action he made could just be explained by him panicking. It's not exactly an easy situation to explain anyway. Would they really have believed him?

Him getting pulled over for such a shit reason was a bit far-fetched though.
>>
>>71716873
>Every illogical action he made could just be explained by him panicking
yeah, I get that, but I feel like that only works to a certain extent and they definitely overdid it
the only thing I could kinda accept would be him actually having killed her and being quite aware of doing so
would a sensible person really run from a crime scene that happens to include a dead female which he just had sex with and take the murder weapon with him when he is fairly certain that he couldn't possibly have done it?
>>
>>71716615
Please remember
>he was on drugs
>he was the only person known to be in the house with her when she was murdered
>the knife used in the murder has his fingerprints on it
>he would still be locked up even if he were the one who called the police
>was brought back because that is the way back to the precinct and the man who stopped them was on the same street

He ran away because he is scared shitless and panicked knowing exactly how the case was going to draw out. He was just on cocaine/meth whatever that was so he is not in his right mind while he is in a shitty situation.
>>
This show is terrific. I gave it a watch last week and have been telling everyone I know to watch it. I felt genuine dread and anxiety watching it after about 35 minutes when everything starts to pick up.

Great acting all around and terrific build up. They made a great first episode and I've got faith they'll keep it up in the next episodes once they come out.
>>
>>71712836
this and vice principals looks decent
>>
>>71713597
Netflix originals are trash though, it's just cheaper and more accessible.
>>
>>7171416
james gandolfini was/is credited as a producer. it's also based off a show and boom from a decade ago. learning that took me 2 seconds on google
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.