[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what do y'all think of Preacher? The Sundowner Motel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 640x640
So, what do y'all think of Preacher?

The Sundowner Motel fight was fucking hilarious. Glad to see things picking up.
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 1000x500
>>71712010
I really hate Tulip... Actor sucks, cant act, cant do the accent, is the most hamfisted strong womyn i have ever seen written, and the actor is also ugly and a nigger, i cringe like im sucking on a lemon each time she's on the screen
>>
Decent ....if they remove all Tulip scenes it would have been an 9/10 show for me.
>>
File: 1467591666531.jpg (169 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
1467591666531.jpg
169 KB, 1280x850
>>71712010
>Glad to see things picking up.

>barely a few minutes of action around the opening credits
>boring as fuck for the rest of the show
>Tulip does chores
>Preacher and quipvamp wash clothing
>>
File: steel-magnolias-image.jpg (447 KB, 1498x1078) Image search: [Google]
steel-magnolias-image.jpg
447 KB, 1498x1078
>>71712355
>strong womyn

That character isn't a woman.
>>
>>71712010
>unironically watching le gay fedora tipper show
end yourself
>>
>>71712355
I'd say the main guys accent is worse to be honest.
>>
>>71712684
Tulip lose a kid so she has that mother's regret shit going on, so being female is an integral part of her character.
>inb4 but men can feel regret too
that's not the point you fuck
>>
>>71712010
sell me this show.
>>
i like the girl who plays tulip
>>
never read the comics but im liking this show

arseface pisses me off though
>>
>>71712010
Only watch it for the meme vampire.
>>
I don't know why people keep hating on tulip, i mean my friends hate twin peaks,fargo ,bvs lex, and now tulip, i feel like people are losing sense of understanding unordinary characters
>>
>>71712764
He's a fucking bong
What do you expect?
>>
File: image.jpg (386 KB, 1200x1204) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
386 KB, 1200x1204
>>71712846
He's funny in the comics... Sucks in the show tho
>>
>>71713026
>unordinary characters
Hey, Cassidy's fucking great. The problem with Tulip is that she's grating as all hell.
>>
>>71712949
This. More Cassidy please
>>
>>71713026
Fargo is the most boring piece of trash I have ever had the misfortune of witnessing. I've sat though nearly two seasons of that shit, not for the sake of hating it but on my own accord, hoping that it will get better, but it never did.
>>
>watch the first three episodes
>they deviate so much from the source material and force liberal social justice meems
Dropped like a bad habit
>>
>>71712010
honestly complete garbage.

Seth Rogan needs to stay the fuck away from this shit.
>>
>>71713138
> ywns Sheriff Roots literaly go fuck himself
>>
File: 2e2557c9.gif (1 MB, 302x196) Image search: [Google]
2e2557c9.gif
1 MB, 302x196
at least tulip is interesting and not some stock faggot character type. i hate her dont get me wrong but still, could be worse.
>>
>>71713487
>and force liberal social justice meems
Like what?
>>
>>71713409
Eat more ritalin you braindead underage tweaker.
>>
>>71712649
yeah she's fucking shit, you gotta wonder who called in a favor to get her casted man it must have been something big
>>
Why did Tulip fuck Cassidy? What's the point?
>>
>>71713718
You sure picked an awful show to champion lad. Of all things, Fargo? Wew.
>>
I really like the show Arseface. There's no way to not feel sorry about him.
>>
>>71713705
>muh religion bad
>muh stronk wymyn
Written by Seth "DUDE FUCK CHRISTIANITY LMAO" Rogen
>>
>>71712010
Ive heard this is even worse then the edgy retarded source material
>>
>>71713409
Hell no
>>
>>71713901
But she's a badass on comics, isn't she?
>>
>>71713901
did you even read the comic?
>>
>>71713901
>muh religion bad
That was one character's opinion. Btw the source material was largely a piss take of Christian mythology and everything Christians hold sacred.
>muh stronk wymyn
There have been tough female characters in movies for decades. Why does that make you cry?
>>
>>71713966
Tell me, what does this show have going for it? The characters are flat, it's like a small town where everyone's depressed and the dialogue is uninteresting. Maybe they were going for realism, I get that this isn't supposed Hannibal where they sit around drinking tea having pretentious conversations all day, but I was honestly bored with the character interactions.
>>
>>71712010
garbage adaption. like every other vertigo tv show
>>
>>71712787
This isn't the comics.
>>
>>71712010
> The Sundowner Motel fight was fucking hilarious. Glad to see things picking up.

It was a brilliant scene but it's really the only highlight since the pilot episode. I had such high hopes after that but every episode since then as been so slow paced, even boring at times. This episode was a big improvement though so lets so what happens now ...
>>
>>71713807
This. Heartbreaking really.

Also since Cassidy could regrow his lower half I dont see how arseface couldn't just become a vampire and fix his face.
>>
They changed the way Genesis works. Preacher was never supposed to open portals and whatnot, just impose his will on others. Apart from that, I'm liking it very much.
>>
>>71716146
He lit some guys on fire by telling them to "Burn."
>>
Just finished latest ep and
>GO TO HELL EUGENE

Oh fuck.
>>
>71712010
>The Sundowner Motel fight was fucking hilarious. Glad to see things picking up.

If by 'hilarious' you mean boring after the first 60 seconds, then taking a leak, only to find the shit still going on...

Overall it was a filler episode, nothing really happened until the last few seconds when arseface went to hell.

Still the scenes with Preacher and Irish Vampire are always comfy, dead tired of the 'angels' though, and all the screen time they get when they're being neurotic, it's like watching some damn Woody Allen shit.

It's one of those shows which you feel could be really great in the hands of better showrunners, as it stands it's overall mediocre.
>>
>>71712010

STAY AWAY FROM MY BOYFRIEND!!
jealous girls are my fetish senpai
>>
>>71718999

Is she trying to sound like a man when she shouts? It's hilarious.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.