[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Megamind do well? It's in my top 3 animated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Megamind2010Poster.jpg (75 KB, 300x469) Image search: [Google]
Megamind2010Poster.jpg
75 KB, 300x469
Why didn't Megamind do well? It's in my top 3 animated films yet I just can't figure out why it was the lowest earning for the company and why did the critics say it lacked originality. Shit like Dory and Madagascar get sequels but not Megamind.
>>
Anyone else liked Megamind?
>>
Because it's good.
Dreamworks usually does best when they pander to the lowest common denominator (though not always)
>>
>>71712512
I don't see how this movie isn't appealing to the widest of audiences. Has superheroes, aliens, jokes, bright colours... What else is needed?
>>
i really liked it aswell
the characters were letable, even for an edgy old fuck like me and it had a nice message
cant believe it didnt do well at the box office
>>
>>71712630
i didnt spend hundreds of millions on marketing
>>
The weakest thing about it was the love interest. The woman was a poorly done Mary-sue. The other characters were on point, especially Titan, which is exactly how 99% of the population would react to becoming a god-like superbeing.
>>
>>71712975
Titan is literally 4chan with superpowers
>>
>>71711859
it was pretty good but i was totally put off by the marketing campaign so i didn't see it until it was on netflix or something

it's hard to remember which means this came out a while ago and now i'm scared to look just how long ago because my mental assumption is like 2012 and i know it's going to be closer to '08 or something
>>
>>71712975
I thought she was ok. Love interest is a natural thing and for Megamind it didn't develop overnight. What other love interest would you expect he would have?
>>
>>71713227
>>
>>71713315
that's.. not terrible. Ok. I can deal with that
>>
>>71711859
I liked it. Could have done without the dance scene at the end though.

Now the Madagascar sequels are what really baffle me. I don't recall anyone saying they loved the main cast. The penguins? Sure, even people who didn't like the movie, loved those guys, but I didn't hear much about the main cast

>>71712975
>The woman was a poorly done Mary-sue

Dude, she was pretty much Lois Lane. Don't know where you're getting mary sue vibes from.
>>
Maybe I'm too used to all the "cinematic universe" stuff but I thought it was strange how everyone acted like there wasn't any world outside the city.

It's not like it's a minor detail either, Megamind takes over the city and becomes its supervillain dictator; it seemed to me like maybe at that point the federal government should step in or something, but no one even mentions it.
>>
>>71713273
He really didn't need one. The major conflict is Megamind vs. Society and his defeat of Titan would have provided a palatable catharsis. A love interest would have been better if the character had been less tropic. She's a driven career stronk woman who don't fear no thang.
>>
>>71711859
There isn't a single good actor in it.
>>
>>71711859

Not really something that would sell toys like Dory and Madagascar
>>
File: 1465305478620.jpg (14 KB, 294x273) Image search: [Google]
1465305478620.jpg
14 KB, 294x273
>>71713541
>Dude, she was pretty much Lois Lane. Don't know where you're getting mary sue vibes from.
>>
>>71713805
If you're trying to imply Lois is a mary sue, you're still wrong
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.