[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Jimmy the Gent is a psychopath, why does he care and cry about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 665x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 665x363
If Jimmy the Gent is a psychopath, why does he care and cry about Tommy, gives a large amount of tips and smiles and laughs a lot?

Is Jimmy really a psychopath?
>>
File: 1467016927382.jpg (61 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1467016927382.jpg
61 KB, 480x640
>giving a large amount of tips and smiling+laughing a lot means you might not be a sociopath
>>
>>71710163
It's his portrayal of a good guy, it's not genuine.
>>
>anonymous faggots on /tv/ think people diagnosed with ASPD can't be kind to others or laugh with them or be generous
>>
>>71710321
>>71710227
>>71710191
(you)
>>
>>71710343
Not an argument
>>
>>71710321
I want this imbred silly faggot to leave!
>>
>>71710163
where was it ever referenced in the movie that he was a psycho
>>
>>71710191
But why does he cry and being angry over Tommy's death?

Explain that, you little bitch!
>>
>>71710469
According to tvtropes, some 4chan thread and a couple of villians wiki.
>>
>>71710494
Because he knew him since Tommy was a kid boosting cars and he knew Tommy was a good earner

To me, Jimmy cared more about $$$ than anything else
>>
>>71710494
They were both totally mad and they were murderers dude.
>>
>>71710530
so then he was never officially a psychopath
Tommy on the other hand was a psychopath
>>
>>71710163
Because he's a psycho, not an autist.
>>
>>71710567
So that means that psychopaths care about other psychopaths, right.

Jimmy was a psychopath.
Tommy was a sociopath.

So thats the reason why they care about each other, they were both mad.
>>
>>71710541
Ehh no, Jimmy never really cared about the money. He did this all for the lulz and da kick.

He seems to genuie care about Tommy, despite being a psychopath.
>>
Tommy was their link to the mob. As in he vouched for Jimmy. With Tommy dead their link becomes quite questionable, Jimmy becomes expendable because he's not "in".

Not that they were going to kill him but he's basically lost his protection if another boss were to move in on him for instance.
>>
>>71710717
This is probably the best answer ITT as I forgot Jimmy and Henry were forever half-out of the mob since they were both half Irish

>>71710688
>>
>>71710606
What did you mean by this?
>>
>>71710494
Well part of it was because Tommy was about to be made. Neither Jimmy or Henry could be made cause they were half Irish, but Tommy being made was like the next best thing as they were kind of a team. Also he did grow up with the guy, even if he was a bit of a psycho that's probably going to stir some emotions.
>>
>>71710453
>>71710494
You write like a teenager.
>>
>>71710847
English is not my first languae.
>>
>>71710790
Psychos feel emotions like anyone, particulary anger. They just have low inhibition and more or less lack empathy.
Robotic behaviour (like not smiling or laughing) is attributed to autism.
>>
>>71710163
I read the book before the movie came out and jimmy was a total psychopath irl. Even the made mob guys were afraid of him.
>>
You know when a kid cries about their ice cream? It's not because of a deep emotional connection to the ice cream, it's because they really like it.

Psychopaths can really like people, but if they get tired of that person, they won't care what happens to them. That's the difference. Psychopaths only care about other humans while those humans are entertaining and fun.
>>
>>71710163
What movie is this shit?
>>
>>71711320
Goodfellas, directed by Martin Scorsese.
Starring Robert Deniro, Ray Liotta and Joe Pesci.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.