[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone post the guide to the essential X-Files episodes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: xfiles[1].jpg (27 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
xfiles[1].jpg
27 KB, 640x480
Can anyone post the guide to the essential X-Files episodes? Thank you.
>>
I just watched season 10 for the first time
Though it felt alot less gritty I enjoyed it alot, though I think alot of it was nostalgia for the old stuff.
>>
>>71708028
watch them all
>>
>>71708028

bump
>>
>>71710014
>>
File: 1455079823654.jpg (1 MB, 1980x5874) Image search: [Google]
1455079823654.jpg
1 MB, 1980x5874
>>
File: 1462856753405.jpg (110 KB, 800x997) Image search: [Google]
1462856753405.jpg
110 KB, 800x997
>>71710377

Thank you! :-)
>>
Watch everything from S1-7.
Then for 8-9 use a guide
http://overmental.com/content/x-files-quick-catch-up-what-are-the-most-important-episodes-43714
>>
File: morley.jpg (46 KB, 508x462) Image search: [Google]
morley.jpg
46 KB, 508x462
>>
>>71708102

So season 10 is worth the watch?
>>
Rape is never ok unless done with a condom
>>
Can anyone post the guide to the essential LOST episodes? Thank you.
>>
>>71710898

Oh well, at least 50% of the participants enjoy rape.
>>
>>71709644
dubs don't lie. just watch the whole series. even the dumb ones seem fun next to today's overly serious shows.
>>
>>71710377
Space in season 1 is terrible, but in a great way. The Face on Mars ghost is stupid, but actually a little unsettling. Calling it unwatchable invalidates this list right away.
>>
>>71710869
Overall? Sure. Especially if you liked the older stuff.

It's definitely a case where less is more, though. I think if they had a full true-blue 24 episode season, it wouldn't have been recieved anywhere near as well.

There's really only one legitimately good episode in the whole bunch, but they're all worth watching.
Except the last episode.
Don't watch the last episode unless you're okay with punching a giant hole in your wall/desk/screen of choice
>>
>>71710377
>X Files The Movie
>Worth Watching

This seems to be the general consensus, and I honestly for the life of me can't figure out why. The movie is an absolute trainwreck on almost every level by itself, and it's not even worth watching as a mytharc episode because it's completely invalidated by the first few episodes of season 6!

Also Drive is goddamn great. What is wrong with you
>>
Is the lone gunmen worth a watch?
>>
All the ones written by Darin Morgan and many of the ones written by Vince Gilligan are great.

The only decent Chris Carter episodes are The Host, Postmodern Prometheus, and Triangle.

A couple personal favorites that you wont see on any of the hundreds of top 20 lists you could easily google are "Je Souhaite" and "Quagmire".
>>
just started watching yesterday, on conduit now. havent seen since I was a kid when it aired, and didnt watch most of it.
how does it hold up for those coming in without nostalgia (gf)?
>>
>>71713493
Good god no.
>>
>>71713581

It's great, as long as you aren't in it primarily for the aliens and conspiracy stuff. Mytharc overall kind of sucks.
>>
>>71713581
It has been really great for me (I'm in season 6). All episodes are interesting.
>>
>>71710377

>stops at 6

For what purpose?
>>
>>71713581
Season 1 is fun
Season 2 is where it gets good
Season 3 is legitimately some of the best television of all time
Season 4 treads water, but it's so high quality you don't care
Season 5 is a great lead-up to the movie, and has, in my opinion, the best season finale of the whole show. That final image before cut-to-black still gives me goosebumps

The movie is ass. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Watch it, because you're so invested in this universe you're going to watch it anyway, but know going in, when the bomb goes off, shit gets retarded, quick.

Season 6 is...okay. There's still some remaining fumes from the last bit of the show, but you can tell the magic is gone.
Season 7 has the last small handful of decent episodes left in the show

Beyond that, it's just a matter of how much you hate yourself. Do yourself a favor, skip all of season 7 except X-COPS, and then just stop.

And whatever you do, for the love of god don't watch the second X-Files movie. Don't do it. It'll sit there and tempt you, but I'm telling you, it's not worth it.
>>
>>71713731
Because Triangle is the last truely great episode of the show, and it's flat not worth watching after that.

Except maybe X-COPS, which is just a fun premise.
>>
>>71714150

>hungry
>the amazing maleeni
>x-cops
>hollywood ad
>je souhaite
>redrum
>badlaa
>sunshine days

Those are just the ones that come to mind, but I'm sure there are more. Saying you should drop the X Files 2/3 of the way through is stupid; watch everything.
>>
>>71714442
Well.
Also, Season 7 was supposed to be the last one, and it wraps up quite a bit.
Even if you don't take episode quality into account, (which you totally should because there is literally nothing redeeming about seasons 8 and 9, but I digress) the end of season 7 is a very clean break point
>>
>>71710377
>Beyond the Sea
>Not must watch

Trash list.
>>
File: x-files-bad-blood.png (264 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
x-files-bad-blood.png
264 KB, 720x480
bad blood is my favorite x files episode.
>>
>>71714676
It's definitely one of the best.
>>
>>71714590

It's a really subjective list that doesn't even match up with general consensus. All but one of the mytharc episodes are listed as must watch but most of them are terrible.
>>
I stopped watching as soon as I figured out Season 6 was filmed in LA instead of mulder and scully driving in the rainy night in a remote forest in trenchcoats it was mulder and scully walking through south central wearing wife beaters.
Season 6 killed the atmosphere imo
>>
>>71714690
>>71714676
It certainly has the best cold open of any episode ever.
Maybe even the best cold open of any show ever
>>
>>71715177

The best episodes usually tend to be the ones where they do something interesting with the Mulder/Scully dynamic or otherwise play around with the established tropes.

That's one of the reasons why Darin Morgan episodes are so great; they became progressively more meta. Virtually scene of were-monster has an easter egg or throwback to the original run of the series.
>>
>>71708028
was scully dare i say thicc?
>>
File: alium.webm (300 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
alium.webm
300 KB, 480x360
You only need to watch jose chung's from outer space
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.