[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Dark Knight > Batman Returns > Batman Begins > Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: Bat_100.jpg (67 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
Bat_100.jpg
67 KB, 700x393
The Dark Knight > Batman Returns > Batman Begins > Batman > Batman Forever > The Dark Knight Rises > Batman & Robin > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
>>
>>71705118
I wouldnt even count Batman V Superman in the list. It's just a misguided attempt at being Marvel. And Batman isn't even I'm the film, Snyder turned him into the Punisher
>>
File: The King.jpg (19 KB, 300x279) Image search: [Google]
The King.jpg
19 KB, 300x279
Snyder’s thrillingly intelligent use of interior conflict and political antagonism vastly outclasses Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy: Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises — all noxious — which were bellwethers of our culture’s decline.

It takes just such dreamlike moral clarity to reprove the Nolan trilogy’s chaos.

Fanboys prefer the Nolan films for their “darkness,” which emphasized the sophomoric, pseudo-tragic elements of the Batman graphic novels. But Snyder’s more adult treatment finds the material’s emotional core. This displeases the fanboy/hipster whose adolescent embarrassment about feelings was exploited through Nolan’s emotionless violence and post–9/11 nihilism. Snyder counters that cultural crisis and (through the script by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer) visualizes the millennial moral struggle as pop myth. His essential subject is mankind’s struggle to discover compassion as well as common obligation — or dare I use the non-political term: brotherhood?

The pain of post–9/11 as reflected in Nolan’s Batman films was a paradigm shift. But fantasy cannot conscientiously be enjoyed Nolan’s way, without any sense of social, historical, or moral consequence. Snyder manipulates this new paradigm so that mankind’s sense of mortality is embodied by Batman, Superman, and their arch-nemesis, Lex Luthor. (All three characterization performances are, well, perfect.)
>>
File: 1467324888935.jpg (109 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1467324888935.jpg
109 KB, 640x960
>>71705160
>It's just a misguided attempt at being Marvel.
>>
>>71705173
Fuck off shill, I see this nigger posted daily, I still don't know or care who he is.
>>
>>71705118
Pretty good list actually
>>
Batman Begins > TDK > Batman > Batman Returns > The Dark Knight Rises > Batman: The Movie > Batman Forever > Batman & Robin > Batman v Superman
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1588x2212) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1588x2212
>>71705197
>>
Batman the animated series > The Arkham video game series >>>>>>>> Tim Burtons Batman movies

The rest isn't worth mentioning. No, I take that back. Honorable mention to the Adam West Batman show.
>>
>>71705264
perfect
>>
File: images-154.jpg (10 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
images-154.jpg
10 KB, 260x194
>>71705173
Nolan made the his Batman trilogy thinking about his teenage children.
>>
>>71705292
Thor scores are just ridiculous, those films are trash.
>>
>>71705312
/thread
>>
Recently rewatched the Nolan trilogy and Batman Begins is better than TDK Tbh.
>>
>>71705355
Thor is a movie that's actually edited coherently and doesn't have a dogshit script.
>>
BvS>Batman Returns>Batman>Batman Forever>Batman & Robin>TDK=TDKR=Batman begins-all shit(nolan is a hack)
the right order.
>>
>>71705292
Delete this
>>
>>71705443
this guy gets it
>>
>>71705404
I can't even remember them, I just remember them being fucking terrible and Dennings didn't even show her tits.
>>
File: 1464987145067.jpg (294 KB, 1528x837) Image search: [Google]
1464987145067.jpg
294 KB, 1528x837
>>71705292
>>
>>71705312
>The Arkham video game series
Incoming barrage of back to /v/, but I agree.
I'm still baffled they managed to do the batman games so right.
>>
>>71705118
I agree 100% famalam mayyyyybe flip dkr with b/r
>>
>>71705292
God, I can't wait until capeshit movies die out.

They've essentially devolved to the same level as their source material over the past several years.
>>
>>71705237
That nigger is the most based movie critic in the business. He doesn't look at movies based on what he thought going in or what other people have said. He actually watches and more importantly analyzes films for what they are rather than taking them at face value like most of you plebs do. He doesn't think he's gonna like something? He's still gonna see it and his review isn't gonna be biased by that, it'll be an honest review on the actual film.
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 500x492
>>71705499
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 389x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 389x500
>>71705680
He's writing is awful and his opinions are dogshit.

He liked:

>Grown Ups
>Jonah Hex
>G.I. Joe
>G.I. Joe 2
>Battle: Los Angeles
>The Green Hornet
>Clash of the Titans
>Indiana Jones 4
>Transformers 2
>Death Race
>Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer
>I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
>Takers
>Taken
>Transporter 3
>Resident Evil: Afterlife
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

He disliked:
>The Tree of Life
>There Will Be Blood
>Black Swan
>The Social Network
>Tangled
>The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
>The Road
>The King's Speech
>Synecdoche, New York
>Speed Racer
>Transformers
>Toy Story 3
>Eastern Promises
>Stardust
>The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
>Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
>Tales from the Golden Age
>Let Me In
>All Marvel movies
>The Dark Knight
>Mother
>The Hurt Locker
>Blue Valentine
>Up
>Hellboy 2

He also compared Hannah to Kick-Ass because they both have a young female character, thinks I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry is a modern classic, thinks Live Free or Die Hard is the best Die Hard, compared The Road to Resident Evil, thinks Clash of the Titans is better than the LOTR Trilogy, prefers Transformers 2 to Transformers, and thinks CJ7 is deeper and more profound than There Will Be Blood.
>>
>>71705680
Sounds like Pseudo-critic nonsense to me. And anyone shilled this hard must be unwatchable.
>>
>>71705173
I didn't connect emotionally with any Nolan film, they're cold and compromise heart for his vision of realism.

On the other hand, I felt actual empathy for Snyder's characters. He's also much more skilled in telling a meaningful story onscreen, and knows how to use a wide array of filmmaker's tools to do this.
In short, his vision just comes off much more sincere personally.
>>
>>71705897
what story? BvS was just collection of nonsense edited together and called a movie.

Especially those fucking email scenes that just shilled upcoming movies.
>>
>>71705760
I never once said he had good taste, I said he was the best because he analyzes movies as what they are. Personal preference is completely irrelevant. Also half of those "good" movies that he disliked are terrible.
>the tree of life
>black swan
>tangled
>TGWTDT
>let me in
>all marvel movies
>up
>hellboy 2
Especially hellboy 2. I have no earthly idea why you guys like it so much, I saw it in theaters when it came out because I liked the first one and it was fucking horrible. The only thing on this list I can't look past and forgive is him liking transformers 2 but not the first.
>>
File: 1434999777797.png (157 KB, 465x347) Image search: [Google]
1434999777797.png
157 KB, 465x347
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 2 > Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 > All other Batmen films

Attempt to prove me wrong

Hint: You will be unable to do so
>>
>>71705292
Marvel also didn't count Spiderman and X-men films.

What of it?
>>
>>71706186
Nobody can. Returns was the best batman comic and naturally translated to the best movie.
>>
>>71706113
Everything you said was shit but not liking the Road or there will be Blood is the ultimate pleb detector.
>>
>>71705482
>Dennings didn't even show her tits.
fucking sexist dc shits why am I not surprised
>>
>>71706307
Those are from a different studio.
>>
>>71706343
There was a reason that I left those movies off of the list. They're both pure kinography, but as I said personal preference isn't relevant to what I'm saying. He doesn't let opinions of others influence him and he doesn't just take it at face value, that's what makes him the best. I would rather call him the best rather than some faggot that rated those movies high just because others did.
>>
>>71705292
Green Lantern was supposed to be the first DC film, but it flopped so bad they decided to start with MoS.
>>
>>71706492
I feel so bad for Martin Campbell. He hasn't made a movie since :(
>>
>>71705680
>>71706113
>>71706460
I guess it's pointless to debate about author intent, but Armond White just doesn't come off like he means a word of what he says. I get the same vibes from his reviews as I do from bullshit college papers, like the writings are meant as filler for his ratings, which are specifically designed to piss off all those idiots obsessed with a movie's RT score.

And it's a perfectly noble goal. Review aggregators and the people obsessed with them are the most harmful thing there is today to film criticism.
>>
'69 Batman is the only good one.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.