[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bryan Cranston on the new Power Rangers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
>“At first I was, to be honest with you, I was reticent to looking at the role because I remember the television series was kind of farcical and silly and ‘pow’ and ‘zow’ — weird movements and things like that. I was like, ‘Oh, OK,’” said the actor, who used to do voice work on the “Power Rangers” TV show.

>“I wasn’t really high on it until I talked to the producer and read the script and talked to the director. After that I went, ‘This is different.’” He continued, “This is as different a reimagining as the ‘Batman’ television series as it became the ‘Batman’ movie series. You can’t compare those two, and nor can you compare this movie version of the ‘Power Rangers’ to that television series. It’s unrecognizable for the most part. There are tenets of the folklore that you hold onto for sure, but the inspiration is different, and the sensibility of it, and the approach to the film making is completely different.”

Thoughts?

Are you sick of this dark and gritty reboot style? Or could Power Rangers pull it off?
>>
>>71704949
A good power rangers movie HAS to take itself seriously to work. But it NEEDS to stay shlock, if they're going the dark drama way, they can kiss good bye the sequel.
>>
>>71704949
Well meme'd.
He never talked about 'dark and gritty'. He said it's different.
>>
More excited for it now famalamadingdong
>>
>>71705088
>A good power rangers movie HAS to take itself seriously to work. But it NEEDS to stay shlock

in other words like modern sentai, OP doesn't even sound like he's saying it's grimdark.

Plus when you have a comedic actress Elizabeth Banks as the main villain you know there's going to be some tongue in cheek in there, hoping she chews up the scenery.
>>
>>71704949
>I wasn’t really high on it until I talked to the producer and read the script and talked to the director. After that I went, ‘That is a lot of money!’”

fixed that 4 u
>>
>There are tenets of the folklore that you hold onto for sure

Like the tenets of assigning the Ranger's suit color based on their race and gender?
>>
wait, what role did he do before as voice actor on the PR tv show?
>>
it could be good if its like the jj abrams star trek in tone, pretty serious/dark storyline but light in tone. throw in a bit of nostalgia and shitty rock music and its a winner.
>>
>>71705088
It can be both. These restrictions are completely imaginary and repeated ad naseum by fans in their 20s and 30s. We're not the target audience, in the long run.
>>
>>71704949
>boob armour
>>
>>71704949
i love how alien the suits look like.
>>
>>71705200
Both serious and shlock? Sure it can. It must be.
But shlock and forced drama? Nope. Ain't Madoka whoever tries to.
>>
>>71705200
Manchildren are exactly the audience they're aiming at.
>>
Well as long as this current trend of gritty reboots is abundant the Power Rangers is one of the few franchises that actually deserves a good one.

t. could never watch the rangers as a kid because it was too cringe for me, (I prefered Pokemon cringe) but a lot of friends did and it's pretty big deal to finally get a reboot that might actally be good, considering of all franchises Power Rangers is THE REBOOT franchise
>>
>>71705165
A time honored tradition

Hobestly wouldn't it be racist to bar a blacl man from EVER dawning the black color by nature of his race and race alone?
>>
>>71705185

According to IMDB Twinman/Snizard in the episodes A Bad Reflection on You and Foul Play in the Sky respectively.
>>
>>71705439
why isn't the red ranger a Mexican or Amerindian then?
>>
>>71705500
He was after Jason left.
>>
>>71705500
The original one was indeed a native american
>>
>>71705500
because red = leader
duh
>>
>>71705575
so we can call him chief?
>>
>they threw out all of Max Landis' ideas and script
>>
>>71706161
Wait, that talentless hack was involved?
>>
File: Power Rangers (3).jpg (496 KB, 1911x1071) Image search: [Google]
Power Rangers (3).jpg
496 KB, 1911x1071
>>71704949
It's going to be shit
>>
>>71705165
Race is basically random, but gender is obviously because of the sentai for the TV series
>>
>>71706261

>Xcom
>>
>>71705250
This. They've got Rita Repulsa as the villain. None of the little kids know who she is unless they watch early 90s Rangers which is very unlikely.
>>
>>71706895

>They've got Rita Repulsa as the villain.

Who looks nothing like the original because they finally decided to make her unique rather than just Bandora with a different title.
>>
>‘pow’ and ‘zow’ — weird movements and things like that.
man
does power rangers even work without all the posing and yelling about dinosaurs?
>>
>>71707195
>inb4 they skip the roll calls
>>
>>71707282
Skipping the roll call is like making looney toons episode about an intricate political intrigue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-taa7dlbxs

the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7klKzGZWB0
>>
This shit gives me goosebumbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7pHy2MB6HM

they should just cut some of the cheesy dialogue.

I'll save you the trouble btw, samefag for the last 3 posts.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.