[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is everything about this show so perfect other than the writing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9
File: The-Knick-season-2[1].jpg (33 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
The-Knick-season-2[1].jpg
33 KB, 630x420
Why is everything about this show so perfect other than the writing.
Everything just feels amazing when I watch this, but then it just gets dragged down by weird dialogue and contrived plots.
I'm about to finish the second season and I want to love this show, and I am recommending it to everyone but sometimes it's just so disappointing.

That being said is there any show with a better soundtrack than this, cause I doubt it.
>>
>>71704197
Contrived plots, maybe
I thought the dialogue was fine, sometimes great. The stilted bits sound more historical-stilted than like poor writing
>>
>>71704197
Do you mean plot points in season 2?

I watched s1 a while ago and remember really enjoying it. Haven't got around to the second season.
>>
The Knick went full cuckold in season 1. Haven't watched it since the gary stu nigger fucking the coalburner richman's whore of a daughter
>>
>>71704197
Best Show on Television.
>>
season 2 is miles better than 1, which was great as well
best show currently on television
I don't get how people accuse it of bad writing
>>
>>71704264
>The stilted bits sound more historical-stilted than like poor writing
Sometimes that's true. I can't remember exactly when it happens but I remember in season 1 at least that there were a few times it blew my mind because someone said something that was just completely unbelievable.
Like, exposition just for the sake of delivered in a manner noone would ever actually speak
>>
>>71704355
you're an idiot
>>
>>71704197
>Why is everything about this show so perfect other than the writing.
That is almost every prestige drama. Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Fargo, True Detective.
>>
>>71706448
>Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Fargo
>bad writing
I don't understand
>>
>>71704197
I thought the writing was fine, great show overall.
>>
so is it over now or what
>>
>>71704197
>tfw no nurse to get me cocaine and have cocaine enhanced sex with
>>
>>71704197
Massive spoilers ahead
did anyone actually keep watching this when thackery offed himself?
>>
>>71706696
Literally no one
>>
>>71706696
meant to put that in future tense, shit im tired. just dont have any interest to keep at this show now
>>
>>71706488
You'll understand when you grow out of video games and IMDBcore.
>>
>>71706696

I will, based Gallinger is the protag now.
>>
>>71707555
He did nothing wrong. I adored that character. For all of the cuck shit in the show I appreciate that they made the "villian" (from a SJW perspective) such a reasonable and developed person. Makes me wonder if they had one really redpilled writer who did Gallinger's scenes.
>>
>>71707121
I think you have to grow out of your contrarian phase
>>
>>71707894
>>71707555
I know the nigger part was pretty annoying, but this guy was a dumb fuck.
>>
>>71708538
If you think contrarianism is a real thing then you are still in your good little cucksumer slave phase. Those Jew owned critic sites or social networks wouldn't be trying to mislead you by praising Jew produced shows, right?

You are infantile about the medium. Those shows may seem "adult" next to your capeshit but I can tell you that they are purely adolescent. If you want a show with good writing watch Deadwood or The Sopranos. Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire and Fargo are borderline video games. No white man should settle for subpar art.
>>
>>71708649
He said or did nothing wrong in either season.
>>
>>71708965
>plotting to ruin someone else's reputation is not wrong

He was just stupid and acted on his jealousy.
>>
>>71709059
>Jealousy
You mean he was exerting his white superiority.
>>
>>71704197
soderbergh is elite
>>
>>71709086
No, I mean crying himself to sleep and shitty childish behaviour because some nigger was a better surgeon than him.
>>
>>71709291
He because aware of the SJW led injustice that was being exacted upon him, he got got rightfully angry about this, then he blew that subhuman the fuck out and got a happy ending going to europe with a hot piece of ass.

I see a lot of myself in Gallinger and I can tell you that everything he did was justified. He had some moments of weakness but that's just the human experience for you. A great story of a man who had his dignity stolen from him and then reclaimed it.
>>
>>71709402
He should try, you know, being better at his job if he cared so much.
>>
>>71709448
He was great at his job. Sometimes the powers that be conspire against you and that's not enough.
>>
>>71709476
He was outperformed by a monkey m8
>>
>>71704197
Yep. The first season was critically flawed thanks to the writing. Absolutely every single other element was GOD tier, the writing was cliched, cringy, obvious. Been putting off the second for that reason.
>>
>>71704197
>It's a nigger is smarter than all the white characters episode.

No thanks. D-R-O-P-P-E-D.
>>
>>71709627
The only reason the black was there in the first place was jew agenda pushing. Based Gallinger broke his eye and sent him running.
>>
>>71708690
woah, back to /pol/ ya go
>>
>>71709654
actually just one character
>>
>>71709677
>EUGH... I can't even..
>>
File: CAVALIER and IRRESPONSIBLE.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CAVALIER and IRRESPONSIBLE.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>71704355
And then there's this asshole.
>>
>>71709753
>GENTLEMEN!
>>
how does it compare to Dr. House? looking for a new show since SV season 3 ended last week.
>>
>>71709970
Completely different. House is just a cheap procedural with a dickhead protagonist. This is medikino.
>>
>>71710320
good i'm sick off all the comedy and jude feels in that show.
>>
>tv starts discussing a relatively under-discussed and interesting show
>OVER HALF the replies are impotent rage that a black man dared to show his face

I want /pol/ to leave

it wasn't always like this. i'm not "neo-whatever" or a redditor trying to take over the site for my liberal agenda

I've been here eight fucking years and in the last four I've watched the HUR NIGGERS CULT MARXISTS SJWS point of view go from an established one (but with competing views) to literally the only fucking ideology on this place

i thought the point of this fucking site was that we could all be different and obnoxious together - but now we have one insanely loud and irritating group that just fucking dominates everything

I want /pol/ to fucking leave.

anyways I only actually watched season 1 and it was fucking excellent. Some of Soderberg's best work honestly. I love the feeling of the camera with the sorta quasi-handheld wobble, it somehow really suits the show. So how does season 2 hold up?
>>
>>71710544
You can only thank leftists from pushing their agenda everywhere. I mean, I feel your pain, but these people just take a defensive position against the aggressive ideology being pushed through every channel.
>>
>>71710628
*for
>>
>>71710628
yeah, I know. the left is insane. I understand that this a reaction against that. I just wish we could find a middle ground between "criticising a POC should be grounds for castration" and "hitler did not go far enough".
>>
>>71710544
Wise words.
>>
>>71710544
>I've been here eight fucking years and in the last four I've watched the HUR NIGGERS CULT MARXISTS SJWS point of view go from an established one (but with competing views) to literally the only fucking ideology on this place

The white race was sliding to its death for a long time but in the last couple of years it has landed in the meat grinder and is being torn to shreds. Now the war on whites is so overt that you'd need to either be retarded or completely brainwashed not to call it out. It's only going to keep gaining momentum until we're fighting the degenerates in the streets or the cucks win and we get bred out.

If you've been exposed to this for 8 years and you're not lying in bed every night unable to sleep, trembling in rage over what the jews have done to your country, then you either have some kind of mental disability or your head is buried so completely in the sand.
>>
>>71710544
>i thought the point of this fucking site was that we could all be different and obnoxious together
You thought wrong. This site is an anonymous imageboard where everyone can say what they want. If you get bullied by /pol/ and want to leave that's nobody else's fault by yours. I get bullied by memes every time I post some unpopular opinions but that doesn't stop me.
>>
>>71710848
>He thinks his race is on danger
>Don't know that race only exists due to different solar radiation exposures
>Wants a show that doesn't criticize the racism and supports a character that thinks eugenics is good

Go back to your inbred land /pol/tard
>>
>>71710848
Cool story bro!
>>
>>71710544
>i thought the point of this fucking site was that we could all be different and obnoxious together
The point of this site is to strip yourself of all ego and identity and become a cog in a far greater machine which can achieve great things.

If you want "LE DIVERSITY CELEBRATION" where you can go be yourself fuck off to tumblr. 4chan is the perfectly oiled machine. An endless amount of guns poised in unison and when the trigger is pulled nothing will survive. You cut a head off this hydra and there are thousands more ready to grow back in its place. There is no room for "you" here.
>>
>>71711291
>>He thinks his race is on danger
Our race is teetering on the brink of no return. Many white countries have already fallen in the wake of the rape swarm.
>>Don't know that race only exists due to different solar radiation exposures
Nice tumblr meme "science"
>>Wants a show that doesn't criticize the racism and supports a character that thinks eugenics is good
Racism helps the strong stay strong. Eugenics IS good.
>>
Season 3 when lads?

Clive Owen is underrated as fuck
>>
FUCK off OP faggot
.everything about that show was amazing, thru and thru..go watch Mr robot or some shit faggot show you pleb ignorant fuck
>>
>>71711354
>we are ligeon
>>
>>71711291
>Don't know that race only exists due to different solar radiation exposures
this is absolutely retarded
you don't actually believe this do you?
the fuck are asians to you then?
>>
This show is true TV kino.
Easily in my top 5 series ever watched
>>
>>71711556
Asians closer to the Ecuador line have a darker skin compared to those who live further.

>>71711413
>Our race is teetering on the brink of no return. Many white countries have already fallen in the wake of the rape swarm.
This is a myth, people who have darker skin are not going to rape just to procriate more people who have darker skin, this is beyond stupid.
>Nice tumblr meme "science"
It's not a meme, you can clearly see this. I've seen people who were genuinely white and got a darker skin during the years, I'm not even a science cocksucker but even a toddler could see this.
>Racism helps the strong stay strong. Eugenics IS good.
Good luck inbred baby, hope you like fucking your own mother or sister, you'll see how fucked your lineage will be in a few generations.
>>
>>71711896
If skin tone is just le radiation meme then why does race change directly effect IQ and crime levels?
>>
File: le consipring hands.jpg (3 KB, 166x156) Image search: [Google]
le consipring hands.jpg
3 KB, 166x156
>>71711896
>people who have darker skin are not going to rape just to procriate more people who have darker skin, this is beyond stupid.
>>
Eyeball surgery when?
>>
File: image.png (374 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.png
374 KB, 640x360
>>71709677
Mfw another capebaby cries
>>
>>71711354
>and become a cog in a far greater machine which can achieve great things

Not even you believe this shit
>>
>>71712006
IQ is just stupid, doesn't measure anything, but if you have any data, let me see it then I debunk it, but usually whites and other races have better education than blacks, so if you generalize every race in a macrocosm like an USA state, whites will probably have better results in a IQ test. But you can't generalize people, you have to judge them by their own.
Crime levels are the same thing, if a certain race has lower conditions than the other, usually this race will have higher crime levels, this is basic sociology my inbred /pol/bro. And again, the results can change depending the macrocosm you're trying to analyze.

I'll give you a simple example, my dad comes from a family that have Lebanese, German, Italian and Native Indian descendence. He's white, but due to the excessive amount of time spent on the sun his arms, legs and head (all have a mulatto coloration or even black) have a darker color than his torso (white). My dad has a PhD in engineering in one of the best English Universities. Other fact, there are a lot of Indian scientists, they are usuallly smarter than whites, not because of their race, but because of their method (PBL is usually used in most indian universities) which is better than the American (and most students from American Universities are white).
So, if you used this macrocosm, and had a poor analysis, you would conclude that Indians are usually smarter than whites, and that's wrong.
>>
>>71712478
there was actually a pretty big iq study that normalized the iq's over social background which found that american blacks had shit iq.

agree tho, iq is a bunch of shit
>>
>tfw nosefu dies
>>
>>71712478
>iq
>education

Except IQ measures your ability to solve abstract problems.

And why the fuck do you even compare tanning to race. Do you seriously thing the only difference between a negro and a whitey is the melanin level in their skin? Look at the face, the hair, the proportions. Everything is different. Even muscles have different characteristics for whites and blacks.
>>
File: 1456487043643.jpg (591 KB, 1204x1885) Image search: [Google]
1456487043643.jpg
591 KB, 1204x1885
>>71710848
You are still a fucking idiot spammer faggot.
>>
Daily reminder that you can't even discuss the only truly great American show of the past couple of years here and this entire board should be nuked from existence.
>>
>>71712478
>if a certain race has lower conditions than the other, usually this race will have higher crime levels
Except every statistic ever shows that environment doesn't matter and that rich blacks commit violent crimes at far higher levels than poor whites.
>>
>>71704197
>>71704264
>>71709652
You could maybe argue that the writing is the weakest link in the show because of how exceptional literally every other aspect of it is, but it is still excellent writing and although the other parts of the show may outshine it in most people's minds The Knick still has some of the best writing on television in recent memory. There are insightful moments of true humanity, genuinely funny moments of levity, layered complexities and allusions to dig up, and some of the finest set ups, payoffs, and twists we've seen recently in practically every episode.
>>
File: 1463874680088.jpg (33 KB, 482x300) Image search: [Google]
1463874680088.jpg
33 KB, 482x300
>>71713058
>mfw got a qt black gf

funny seeing you guys triggered by the most trivial shit
>>
>>71712966
The differences are larger due to years of geographic differences and this leads to different body proportions. Why do blacks usually have bigger dicks, because black women usually have deeper vaginas. In fact it's all evolutionary, the most adapted characteristics stand while the others disappear. But the melanin level is due to radiation and that's a fact. Blacks are usually better at Basketball and Athleticism while Whites are usually better at Swimming and Hockey. But in soccer each one of the races has really good players, because it's a more popular sport all over the world while the other ones are only popular to some races, that's why they usually have a difference at some sports.

IQ tests tend to have AP and GP problems, a person who had a better education is usually more prepared to do this tests, since education involves abstraction.
>>
>>71713058
This 1/8 black girl was my waifu, Aryane Steinkopf.
>>71713339
Give me the statistic. I doubt it, except if the rich black comes from NFL. Then, the stats may be true.
>>71713135
It's a very good show, and I may agree that's the best from the past couple years.

Every single character was based, but Cleary and Thackery were absolutely great.
>>
This, for me, was the best scene in the entire show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufPvlXL8fRg
>>
>>71713747
http://www.colorofcrime.com/2016/03/the-color-of-crime-2016-revised-edition/
>>
>>71704355
>>>/pol/
>he's too dumb to understand that the fact that he feels this way about it is a very important plot point
>>
>>71704355
This indeed. Feels so complete ridiculous with painting Gallinger as a nazi and the black dude as the smartest one of them all, even better than Thack.

And Lucy probably has the most annoying accent ever. I can only stand it for so long.
>>
>>71714651
>And Lucy probably has the most annoying accent ever. I can only stand it for so long.

>implying you wouldn't
>>
File: gf.jpg (70 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
gf.jpg
70 KB, 480x640
>>71713490
So what? I also have a black girlfriend and regularly visit /pol/ most of us aren't racist we just see that mass immigration is not good for our countries.
>>
>>71715028
I know that ass. You won't have her for long once I rat on you.
>>
>>71715028
Swear i fucked her saturday night not even joking. Mel that u bro ?
>>
>>71711441
He is dead senpai
>>
>>71715749
why would he be dead?
>>
>>71709663
Leave him, he's just baiting you at this point. I also like his character, he is very good and acted correctly in all of his situations.
>>
>>71715348
kek
>>
>>71710848

>mfw I'm white
>mfw I have a great job at a fortune 500 company
>mfw I was literally promoted again today
>mfw I was a first gen college student and have black and white cousins
>mfw I got what I have because I worked hard and had a supportive family

The only white people under attack in this country are the shitty ones who only got by because they were white. If you are halfway smart and hardworking as a white man, you are set.

Sorry you lost your job at the cardboard box factory to a less entitled mexican lol.
>>
>>71704355
This
>>
>>71711441
Probably in 2 years at least.
The series was always planned as 2 season show with Owen and Soderbergh signing up only for 2 years. Now they are writing Season 3-4 with different characters in different time period with, probably, different director as well. Soderbergh may return tho.
>>
where exactly does it say that thack is ded?
>>
>>71716368
Is it u. Seriously freaked now
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.