[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boarwalk Empire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
Why no one here talks about this fucking masterpiece? I'm only at the end of season one but this is awesome.
>>
Boredwalk empire?
>>
It goes downhill after Jimmy dies
>>
It peaked in season one. I advise you to stop watching and cherish what you have alreday seen.
>>
>>71703899
Everyone is going to tell you that it gets worse. They're retarded.
>>
File: whuuuuuump.jpg (3 MB, 4592x3056) Image search: [Google]
whuuuuuump.jpg
3 MB, 4592x3056
>>
>it's a Jimmyfag thread
>>
>>71703935
>It goes downhill after Jimmy dies
this
>>
Best television drama of all time desu
with the exception of season 5 every season is better than the one that preceded it.
>>
>Gillian should have been killed off in season 3 by Gyp
>Tommy, Julia, and Richard should have moved to Plover and finally put an end to the Darmody retardation
>season 4 would have been better without the Richard cryfest
>season 5 a shit
>>
>>71703935
>>71703986
>how to spot plebeian filth
>>
>>71703899
>I'm only at the end of season one

Then you shouldnt make a thread. Wait til you finish it, we'll be here.
>>
Boardwalk Empire is the IMDB sensibility version of what makes a quality production. It has zero artistic merit, only expensive production values. No one has ever killed themselves or anybody else after viewing this show. It's just another "pro-aesthetic" product.
>>
>>71705512
Maybe he wants to be spoiled to see how much of a nosedive the series takes.
>>
>>71705469
Nucky was only interesting because of his dynamic with jimmy. Without him nucky is boring and treads water for 3 seasons. Besides that, jimmy and nucky relationship was the crux of the show and without him the show resorted to weak villain of the season plotlines and "epic" scenes like the harrowing
>>
>>71703935
Come on man, I said I was at the end of season one, don't be a dick.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (103 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
103 KB, 1920x1080
>rare Boardwalk thread
>jimmyfags have to ruin it
>>
>>71705627

>not being prepared for spoilers on 4chan

I wouldn't advise watching the whole show, it has a very disappointing ending as well.
>>
>>71705678
How do you mean?
>>
>>71705678
>Nucky is killed by Tommy Darmody because Gillian sends him letters from the nuthouse she's in to go kill Nucky for her because he gave her over to the Commodore who raped her when she was 14 even though he tried to make amends by trying to give her, Jimmy, and Tommy better lives and the Commodore was killed by Jimmy at Gillian's insistence
>Darmodys a shit
>the real Nucky lives
>season 5: SJW circlejerk
>best character: Mickey Doyle gets shot by Charlie, Charlie buttfucks Meyer in celebration
>>
>>71705591
Perhaps the most retarded post of the day. Congratulations.
>>
>>71705846
>>best character: Mickey Doyle

Come on. A funny, fan favorite, tiny role is not the "best character."
>>
>>71705846
More Spoilers:

>Jimmy borrows money to start a rival liquor business from Manny in season 2 and Doyle advises him to pay it back as soon as he can
>he doesn't and pushes doyle off a balcony
>manny kills angela who was fucking louise
>jimmy gets sad and goes on a drug bender
>he remembers that gillian got jealous that he got a girlfriend then got him drunk so she could fuck him
>jimmy faces up to the music and nucky shoots him in the face for manny
>>
The nigger season was awful, I dropped it there.
>>
File: Mickey.gif (165 KB, 216x207) Image search: [Google]
Mickey.gif
165 KB, 216x207
>>71705939
Number one in my heart
>>
>>71703935
Nah, Boardwalk Empire is one of those rare shows that was good from start to finish.
>>
>>71705846
I meant to say Nucky tried to give them better lives not the commodore. The commodore just wanted to fuck Gillian again. Hell, Nucky even set up a good life for Angela when Jimmy skipped out on her when she told him she was pregnant.
>>
>people liked anything past season 3

Even the people who made the show dropped most of the season 4 shit in the last session.
>>
>>71705846
>meme character: Mickey Doyle gets shot
>>
>>71706282
I think the only memorable thing about season 4 is Frank Capone and then Dean O'Banion's death by Frankie Yale's men
>>
>>71706331
>doesn't like Mickey

Please, anon.
>>
>>71706355
And Richard's death.
>>
>>71705846
>season 5: SJW circlejerk

Come on now. There was not one Serious Joke Wizard on the show, ever.
>>
>>71706418

Nah, son. He got what he deserved. And his death could have been avoided if the writers ended the Darmody shit with season 3.
>>
>>71706425
Nelson. His life ended up being a serious joke, but he kind of redeemed himself.
>>
S3 was the worst
Rosetti was a meme character
>>
Actually making a thread about a show on /tv/ before finishing it? Why?

That being said, and to answer your question: Only the first two seasons are great after that they drop the ball really hard. Get really low in S4 and by S5 the show makes a timeskip and at the point the show is just begging to be put to death.

That's why no one talks about it.
>>
>>71703899
So how many times does Jimmy fuck his hot mom?
>>
>>71707189
Once that is shown (Season 2, ep 11) and then she mentioned that when Jimmy was a baby she used to kiss his dick a lot.
>>
>>71707265
>she used to kiss his dick a lot.
That's pretty fucking hot.
>>
>>71707301
Whatever, anon. I think it's gross. I hate Gillian. I think she's an all around terrible character. She gets naked a lot on the show and for some people that makes her interesting.
>>
>>71707396
Gay or cuck?
>>
>>71707396
I agree with you, she's an awful person. But I still find it hot.
>>
>>71707528
What I'm saying is that the only thing interesting about her is she gets naked and she has pancake titties. Actually most all of the ones that got naked had fried egg titties.
>>
>>71707581
You do you, anon. I wanted to see Esther naked. But at least I saw her in her nighties.
>>
It's pretty obvious what's gonna happen if you know your mafia history and how Scocesse films work
I thought they have a good take on Lucky Luciano and Meyer Lansky. Dunno about Bugsy Siegel.

Capone was best boy

Nucky was mediocre as far as mob characters goes. He's basically my standard for mafia media: Better than Nucky, I watch. Worse, I skip. Same reason I skipped Vinyl

Margret was absolute shit
>>
>>71706355
what about eli killing knox, thats one of my favorite TV fights of all time
>>
>>71708635
Her whole thing was MUH CHILDREN.

>Didn't give a fuck about Teddy
>Only cried over Emily because polio
>when the baby got beaten out of her womb she was more concerned with looking nice for a new husband than that she just lost her baby

She a gold digger.
>>
>>71708882
Yeah that too. Kind of wanted them both to die though, but that's just me.
>>
Great show but season 5 was mishandled and rushed. The whole thing was a 8.5-9 out of 10
>>
>>71703899
Because the first and final seasons were shit, two of the best characters in the show were given completely forced unnecessary endings, and the show has been over for like five years
>>
>>71708890
She is a gold digger, but at least she's self aware about her position.

When it comes to the criminal's wife character i usually just fucking hate them but i actually really liked margaret.
>>
We did when it was airing.
>>
>>71709006
I just wished we had gotten a season in 1929 like originally intended so we could've seen shit like the stock market crash and the death of based Rothstein.
>>
>>71709077
Huh. I liked her at first and hated her for three seasons before finally forgiving her at the very end.

I felt like Nucky, only I didn't hold a candle for her for 5 seasons straight
>>
>>71709077
She is not self-aware at all about it maybe in season 4/5. I just really don't like her though it may be because a lot of people I used to know who are now SJW really like her with her "GRRL POWER!"
>>
All I wanted was a show about Lucky Luciano

I wasn't disappointed
>>
>>71709141

Yeah they really dropped the ball with the last season. But aside from that it's one of my favorites from HBO.
>>
Overall it was decent. It went downhill after Jimmy's death. He felt more like a main character than Nucky. My biggest gripe was that a lot of the character deaths felt forced for the sake of drama. Also Gillian plots drag out WAY too long. She was basically irrelevant after season 2 but they constantly needed to force the MUHHH 2DEEP 14 YEAR OLD GIRL AND COMMODORE RELATIONSHIP.
>>
>>71703935
>le jimmyfag face
>>
>>71703899
>Why no one here talks about this fucking masterpiece?
>I'm only at the end of season one

how fucking dumb can you be OP to come on here and talk about a show you've not even got up to date with. you're so retarded.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.