[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who should direct a movie about the old gods?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1467701335385.jpg (350 KB, 2000x1199) Image search: [Google]
1467701335385.jpg
350 KB, 2000x1199
who should direct a movie about the old gods?
>>
Guillermo del Toro
>>
Uwe Boll
>>
Ed Wood
>>
>>71702209
There is only one God faggot, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that.
>>
Ridley Scott with Zack Snyder
>>
adam (((sandler)))
>>
>>71702381
yeah, sure, faggot

>2016
>monotheism
are you a nignog or a muslim
>>
In this day and age? Nobody. Old gods would require great levels of practical effects to portray convincingly and I just don't see anyone doing that.
>>
>>71702283
this is the only real answer, but none of Lovecraft's stories would transition well to film, nor are they long enough, including at the mountains of madness
>>
>>71702509
Or maybe he's a Christian, you heathen faggot.
>>
>>71702209
anyone that doesn't make them look like that
>>
Actually depends on the period. 19th century? Early twenties? Modern era?

Tim Burton wouldn't be that bad for an older version of the movie.
>>
>>71702740
>Christian
>white
pick one

Christianity is alive only in Africa, and some parts of Russia and USA with people so inbred they devolved to African levels.
Noone in first or even second world don't give a fuck about christianity.
>>
>>71702915
*Noone in first or even second world give a fuck about christianity.
>>
>>71702713
It could be done as a television series but it wouldn't be at all what people, including those here, would expect. It's a tired comparison but the way True Detective s1 just gave you that eerie feeling throughout with weird unexplainable things that are played very seriously would be the best way to do a lovecraftian series, with the big 'reveal' only coming in at the very end.
The biggest problem with a lovecraftian adaptation isn't the portrayal of the style though, it's the marketability. You can not have a faithful adaptation without having a dour to the point of existential futility ending, and that just doesn't sell too well. Normies want their happy endings.
>>
>>71702387
this
>>
>>71702713
GDT directing/creatures, James Cameron really pushing the limits of 3d sfx please, I know it won't, but imagine Cameron doing for 3d what he did for undersea shit, you could have really nice, subtle-spooky Lovecraftian shit. MoM could be stretched out to a feature, I could even get on board with Cruise in it.

>>71702823
I think Burton would make it too cartoon/child-friendly :/
>>
>>71702915
>inbred retard doesn't believe in God

surprise surprise
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 800x1092) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 800x1092
>>71702209
The only correct answer.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 434x550) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 434x550
Del Toro should have made At The Mountains of Madness but Prometheus fucked that up for everyone. I find it hard to imagine a director aside from him who could possibly capture Lovecraftian gods on screen without them looking foolish. That's why I think that of his stories, studios should only focus on ones that do not have a impossibly fathomable thing as its focal point. Something like "The Colour Out of Space" could be well handled by an eager director like Robert Eggers. "The Music of Erich Zann" is an excellent story that is love to see adapted. While not Lovecraft but a huge source of his inspiration, Blackwood's "The Willows" is a fantastic story that would be great although it seems to be heavily referenced in The Blair Witch Project. The stories of Karl Edward Wagner would be neat to adapt to film. I'm drawing a blank on popular directors who could handle his material, but even someone like David Lynch would make a fascinating film on the subject. Fuck, even Sam Raimi might be able to capture the whimsical, bizarre nature of the Dreamquest series.
>>
>>71703855
That would be wonderful but I doubt Lynch has very much interest in Lovecraft's work.
>>
>>71703777
>believing in god

I want this meme to end

I know people on *chans have to be always against mainstream and being religious is now an edgy thing, like atheism used to be but please, being religious in 2016 is absolutely nigger tier
>>
>>71704138
A man's faith or lack thereof is not a "meme." It's an important facet of his life and should be taken seriously.
>>
File: 1421618152650.png (32 KB, 644x818) Image search: [Google]
1421618152650.png
32 KB, 644x818
>>71704138
>>
Reminder that Del Toro wanted to end his at the mountains of madness movie with a cthulhu kaiju stomping around.
>>
Chris Metzen
>>
>>71702323
Ha
>>
>>71702283
Wasn't his "At the mountains of madness" script fucking garbage?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.