[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Capeshit still so popular?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 15
File: capeshit.jpg (112 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
capeshit.jpg
112 KB, 1000x750
Am I the only one who fails to understand appeal of these movies?

I mean there is barely one decent sci-fi movie made per year while they spit at least 3-5 capeshit blockbusters.

I don't get how this genre is so profitable when it's basically always the same shit, just with different mask color of main character.

It's insulting that capeshit is even considered part of sci-fi genre. How are those movies always rated so high?

Why can't we have 5 times more sci-fi movies instead of this?
>>
>>71698825
plausible alternate realities are fun

The first Iron man and Batman movies both were great and groundbreaking in what they brought to the table too
>>
>>71698825
Look into 80s slasher movies expansion.
There is great documentary about it on it,the same reasoning can be applied here.
It will die down eventually and after that we are in for another 10 years of great movies.
>>
waaaah waaaaaaaah.... why is something i dont like still popular? waaaaaaaaah come to my post and give me (you)s. waaaaaaaaaaah
>>
I don't even like capeshit but the complaint of "they're all the same" is a pleb red flag.
>>
>>71698893
>implying the Marvel/DC cycle brings bad movies
can you honestly tell me Doctor Strange isn't a creative concept
>>
>>71698893

yes, all those twilight and harry potter movies sure were fucking amazing.
>>
>>71698974
I mean theme wise,the are all superhero movies.
That doesn't mean there are not good movies.
Just like there were good slashers there are good superhero ones.
Winter soldier is great example
>>71698975
Do you even watch movies?
10 blockbusters a year are not the only thing coming out from Hollywood.
>>
We need more capeshit.
>>
>>71699029

i'm 32. yes, all the reboots and shit sequels sure have been great. theres literally nothing left after capeshit dies except for maybe animated childrens movies.

have fun with cinema dying. theres a reason these movies make billions of fucking dollars, because people know thats literally all thats interesting anymore.
>>
>>71698975
not him but
>implying there wern't good creative movies scattered throughout that timeframe such as The Prestige and Inception
Lotsa Cheesy stuff though
>>71699029
I'd agree with you if multiple franchises were coming out with capeshit that everyone obsesses over however both Marvel and DC are the only ones making capeshit movies and they all are shared in their perspective universes. Both are pretty competent and both Franchises are held up to a cinematic standard unlike the slasher flicks. BvS critics show'd this in how critical they were of Sydners theatrical cut

If people cared only about it being a capeshit movie X-Men and Fantastic four would be much more popular

overall I like move Marvel and DC doing this, ushers some great creativity with big budgets on the scene
>>
>>71699029
to add onto this >>71699106

capeshit movies are the only ones that are doing proper arcs and character development. I rarely see movies past 2 hours long anymore.
>>
>>71699106

inception was fucking bad
>>
File: women6.jpg (39 KB, 500x494) Image search: [Google]
women6.jpg
39 KB, 500x494
>>71699141
>inception was fucking bad
please go on and tell me how it was bad without mentioning you didn't understand it. I bet you thought Shutter Island was dumb too.
>>
File: xkQqNN8.jpg (42 KB, 541x498) Image search: [Google]
xkQqNN8.jpg
42 KB, 541x498
>>71699181
>he unironically thinks inception is good
wow you must be so sophisticated
>>
>>71699264
>doesnt back himself up with any criticism
>deflects then adhoms
gj
>>
File: dsouza.png (233 KB, 394x434) Image search: [Google]
dsouza.png
233 KB, 394x434
>>71699319
>thinks there's only one person disagreeing with him
>>
File: hello.jpg (34 KB, 992x744) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
34 KB, 992x744
>>71699358
>he thinks I still don't expect an argument when someone vocally disagrees with me
by all means keep on meme'ing instead of discussing
>>
>>71699088
>theres literally nothing left after capeshit dies
Its nobody's fault that you don't have imagination.
Screenwriters always innovate its up to the studios finding good directors to put everything together while making profit.

>>71699106
The main aspect that I can see fall of the capeshit is that golden age of comics lasted only so long,after that stories got convoluted,boring,manchildren pandering blob that any sense in it was lost because artists were given the right to write the dialog and events not writers and not every artist can be writer too.
Thats the main issue,I think eventually studios will reach this part of the comics universe and call it a day,they will just move on to something else.
As for cinematic standards everyone can tell that there is great talent fueling these movies.Age of ultron is example of how studios can influence great character like Ultron which was fucked up in a single scene because the studio demands to be like that.
Civil war had effects on par of a tv show on syfy and that only shows how watered down are these movie to pander to everyone's taste,everyone can say there were ok movies but nobody will say there were amazing.
I will watch BvS Ultimate cut tonight and get a closure and conclusion on the whole capeshit situation.
>>
File: 1451082039836.png (421 KB, 804x673) Image search: [Google]
1451082039836.png
421 KB, 804x673
>>71699181
>>71699319
>>71699396
>I'M A NOLAN KEK DEBATE ME
>>
>>71698825
Superheroes are normie territory now. Sorry nerds, find some new shit to obsess over so that it can be colonized by Chad in a few decades.
>>
File: hello4.jpg (29 KB, 598x399) Image search: [Google]
hello4.jpg
29 KB, 598x399
>>71699427
I doubt they'll abandon ship as the directors/writers get to review and remake the shitty parts of the comics, I doubt they'll shy away from extra $$$ by adapting their own versions. Most likely they'll lose traction or they'll start "playing safe" when the reason the first couple of movies were good is since they didn't "play safe". Overall you just have to hope the creative crew is good enough.

>Civil war or Ultron
I haven't seen those so I can't comment on those, but all previous movies in the avengers saga have been good in my view, Doctor Strange looks great and i'll definitely see that. That's what I like about capeshit, you dont have to see all the movies in the universe to enjoy it, you can cherry pick which ones personally interest you.

>BvS ultimate cut
Has its flaws but its better than Marvels "avengers", but thats because I like its overall darker atmosphere combined with a less rushed pace which is why I enjoyed watchmen.
>>71699429
>i'll think ill just keep on meme'ing
>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 1455772361777.jpg (124 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1455772361777.jpg
124 KB, 300x300
>>71699679
>thinks I would waste my time debating a dirty nolan pleb
>>>>/reddit/
you have to go back
>>
>>71698825
generation of beta manchildren cucked by kike media control
>>
>>71698825
This is something I've never understood even as a kid. Love graphic novels and manga, but cape comics are always just such shit except for a fucking handful of contained stories.

The problem with cape films is that they are just the same movie over and over again, same shit happens, same beats, same CGI action setpieces. It's gotten to the point where If I see a cape movie, I can tell you every major plot point and beat 10 minutes into the movie.

Also the CGI part ruins a lot of it, watching action movies from the 80s is great because of the practical effects, where Cape films look and act like video game cutscenes.

One of the weirder things is like 90% of these cape movies nobody knows who the fuck any of them are.

Seriously, plebs are going to see all these movies, but get them to name super heroes and it would be "Batman, Superman, The Xmen, Spiderman". Why in fuck would anyone go see a doctor strange movie? I'm a fucking sperg nerd and I have no fucking clue who Doctor Strange is, who the fuck is Black Panther? A Maoist group from the 70s who have afros and wear berets?
>>
File: hello3.jpg (58 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
hello3.jpg
58 KB, 600x656
>>71699729
why are you on this board if you dont wanna discuss anyting
>he has imgur and generic 4chan saved filenames that are used when you save an image from late 2015/ early 2016
oh thats right you're from reddit
>>
>>71699761
>he doesn't want to see a movie he knows nothing about
because the purest form of creative escapism is when you get to see a new setting/universe constructed right in front of you.
>>
>>71698893
The slasher genre died because they started churning out literal shit. Then when the shit under performed, they slashed the budget and made even shittier shit.

They fell into their own trap of thinking "holy shit this is shit and its the same shit every time no matter what and people will watch it every time, guaranteed," so eventually they got so shit people stopped watching it.

As with anything, if you can produce something of consistent quality, people will keep coming back for more. Its only when you start actively shitting on the audience will people start thinking "fool me once..."
>>
>>71699793
Brian Wilson?? Damn, Reddit is cool as fuck. What celebrities does 4chan get?
>>
File: ironic.jpg (8 KB, 366x158) Image search: [Google]
ironic.jpg
8 KB, 366x158
>>71699793
>changes his image names to hide he's a newfag from reddit
>projects this insecurity onto others
>>
>>71699793
You kinda screwed your chances of getting anyone to actually address you or your points by implying inception was good and difficult to understand.
>>
File: hello2.jpg (660 KB, 3192x2124) Image search: [Google]
hello2.jpg
660 KB, 3192x2124
>>71699893
>he just keeps on meme'ing
>>71699903
yet for some reason I can't get points on why it was bad, and one of the biggest criticism for it was it being hard to understand
>>
File: 1458413244386.jpg (8 KB, 224x250) Image search: [Google]
1458413244386.jpg
8 KB, 224x250
>>71699956
>can't figure out on his own why inception is bad
>>
>>71699903
>>71699992
>The Inception was bad meme
When will this end?
>>
>>71699956
Because the people who have a realistic opinion on it don't watch it weekly.

I mean, if I dig a bit, the biggest problem is how it acted like it's premise and concepts were so complex and creative, when at heart its just Heat with an excuse to be less realistic.
>>
File: goback.gif (349 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
goback.gif
349 KB, 350x233
>>71699992
>he refuses to discus his points with the opposition
>>
File: 1440230404585.jpg (54 KB, 496x567) Image search: [Google]
1440230404585.jpg
54 KB, 496x567
>>71700011
>>71700019
>samefagging redditor in damage control
>>
>>71700066
(you)
>>
Instead of filtering out aussies the mods on /tv/ should ban anyone who thinks Inception was good

I'm pretty sure all the redditors and cuck threads will disappear overnight
>>
>>71700018
>>71700018
I watched it twice like 4 years ago, hardly need to watch it weekly to enjoy it.

I was also naming a movie from the mid 2010 era off the top of my head and Inception was one of the most unique movies of that era. There's plenty other unique and adventurous movies in that era.
>premise and complex were creative and complex
well they were both complex and creative, part of the beauty of the movie was that it constructed a plausible universe to get "lost" in. If a complex movie chose to be simple it'd lose that appeal.On the top of my head Deux Ex Machina and Memento both what inception did in creating a complex setting from simple concepts and they both preformed well.
>>
>>71700167
you don't belong here
>>
>>71700167
I think you might be too stupid for the internet.
>>
>>71701072
>>71700560
sorry I didn't shitpost enough memes into my post
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.