[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Of all the forced memes I've seen emerge from this place,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 381x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 381x350
Of all the forced memes I've seen emerge from this place, the biggest one by far is that the original ghostbusters is some infallible classic. I watched it for the first time today and I'm completely convinced the praise for this shit flick comes from bitter millenials looking for reasons to say bad things about women or blacks or whatever.
This movie is no sacred cow and you should all be happy remake is even reminding reminding people that this shit existed.
Nobody cared about ghostbusters before the remake was announced.
>>
>>71698032
>Nobody cared about ghostbusters before the remake was announced.
Objectively false.
>>
>>71698052
Right because it was so avidly discussed beforehand.
>>
>>71698032
>Of all the forced memes I've seen emerge from this place,

You meme like this forced shit you're trying to do right now? Get cucked faggot.
>>
>>71698075
yep
>>
>>71698075
Maybe not here.
>>
>>71698032
>T. Kid born after 2010
>>
>>71698032

I guess the media shit storm wasn't enough.

Now we get professional shilling as well.

Big companies and corporations really do shit on everything.
>>
>>71698032
>Of all the forced memes I've seen emerge from this place, the biggest one by far is that the original ghostbusters is some infallible classic
>from this place
Yeah, because making the trailer for the new movie one of the videos with the most dislikes ever is solely /tv/'s work.
>>
>>71698032
Stick to your containment general, you fucking retard. >>71696570
>>
Of all the forced memes I've seen emerge from this place, the biggest one by far is that nobody cared about ghostbusters before the remake was announced.
>>
File: bait.webm (358 KB, 1912x792) Image search: [Google]
bait.webm
358 KB, 1912x792
>>71698032
>>
File: 1467616061796.jpg (769 KB, 1840x1200) Image search: [Google]
1467616061796.jpg
769 KB, 1840x1200
>>71698032
obvious bait
>>
>>71698075
but it was?
>>
>>71698523
Nobody did tho
>>
>>71698478
Old fag here, what's up with 4chan lately thinking they have more pull then they do.

Its not like back in the day when we used to shut down CP rings and shit. Now we just act like we have the power to tank games series or movies.

Hell I remember every one acting like they could tank Star wars 7.
>>
>>71698686
I've loved both movies since I was a kid. I don't need to make a thread about it every day though
>>
>>71698686
Ghostbusters have been part of pop culture for decades, everybody loves them.
>>
>>71698686
Yeah, next you're going to tell me that no cared about Indiana Jones when they announce a female reboot.
>>
>>71698762
I was going to say, I loved both movies, the show, and I had every toy that had come out.

I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan I still have some of the old stuff in boxes and I bought the lego Ecto 1.

But Im not going to make a thread every day to state it.
>>
Bill Murray is a meme celebrity. Explain to me without sounding like reddit why he's relevant.
>>
>>71698782
>a female reboot
What?
>>
>>71698075
...you say that sarcastically, but it's true. Nobody talked about it on here, because there where no memes attached to it, but since when was /tv/ the authority on classics?
>>
File: b9d.png (11 KB, 427x474) Image search: [Google]
b9d.png
11 KB, 427x474
>>71698032
>I watched it for the first time today

Worthless
>>
>>71698032
the fact you watched it only yesterday mean your opinion is void, also because anonymous image board and such.

prove to me you aren't a shill bi sexual onion flagellating gender-less poof or gtfo
>>
>>71698966
Lay off him, he is only five.
>>
This is pot on. The producers of the remake are only playing ball. Content of this nature is made because it caters to western audiences, the widest demographic, Though inadvertently, it might be promoting so-called 'leftist' values or whatever, but that's just what sells. There is no conspiracy or other motivator beside making money using the cashgrab name of this shit manchild franchise.

Millennials are blowing this shit out of proportion in a vain attempt to fall into the illusion that their lives are more meaningful and contributing to some made-up cause really less important than it is.

normies fall into the delusion as well. They're just in the other side of the fence; defending this shit flick in the name of political correctness.

Idiots will accuse me of shilling like they're doing with the OP, I just hope they're being 'ironic' about it.
>>
>>71699010
Most people outside of 4chan are only mad at the film because it's a shitty remake of a beloved classic.

Wether or not the studio meant it to be a political thing in the first place, they definitely turned it in to one as critisicm started to turn up.

See: every blog and "news" article calling James Rolfe a sexist manchild.
>>
>>71699097
The whole AVGN thing is hilarious, if you watch the video its clear he was trying to stay away from the female thing.

Its being blown so far out of proportion. Im surprised he never did a follow up to further enrage.
>>
>>71698075
>>71698032
Anything that's not current doesn't get a lot of time on here, with a few exceptions. People not talking about it also doesn't mean nobody cares about it. There's just not much to talk about and it's mostly a flick for a lazy Sunday afternoon. It's not a sacred cow, but it's also a franchise people like. There are the movies, there's cartoon shows, there is a pretty good video game. If the first movie is so bad, why should we be happy there's a new one coming out in the first place? If you spent any time around here, you'd have heard a shit ton of good points on why the new movie completely ignores the way the original movies were made. You're arguing in bad faith. Either because you want to get a rise out of people or because you can't deal with anything that threatens your narrative.
>>
File: 1286662926546.jpg (22 KB, 475x416) Image search: [Google]
1286662926546.jpg
22 KB, 475x416
>>71699010
>'leftist'
Sure, sure.
>a movie that cost 150 million to make
>not made by greedy capitalists
>>
>>71698782
I heard there was going to be another Harrison Ford sequel when I actually wouldn't have minded it if they passed the torch on to Shia LaBoef, which is what I thought the Crystal Skull movie was trying to do. Apparently they can't even get that right.

A female reboot already existed. Relic Hunter was a decent show. Also Tomb Raider was supposed to be a Indiana Jones knockoff in video game form but they had to change the main character model after realizing they would get sued. In a way there have already been two female Indiana Jones.
>>
>>71699279
Knockoffs aren't reboots. Nobody cares if you do something that's as close as you can get to a popular franchise and change it up a little. It's about using the name to get sales and shitting on everything it was about, that gets people mad. Also Relic Hunter isn't really a decent show. It was funny bad, somewhat enjoyable, but really not decent at all.
>>
im actually glad something can make you contrarian retards so assravaged. i hope they never stop
>>
Literally nobody has said why ghostbusters is so good yet.
>>
It's a great movie even if it's reaganite propaganda.
>>
>>71699097
You are wrong about people in general disliking the remake due to forming their own personal opinion that it's shit. It is shit, but that has nothing to do with why they are going up against it. They are doing it for the same reason neckbeards in this site are, but using the pretext that it 'looks like shit' to be absolved from any accusation people here are more prone to receive i.e. bigoted, misogynist, regressive, androcentric whatever. In other words, fear of peer rejection and deprivation of social rewards;. "You won't be getting any sex from me tonight."

People are resorting to the excuse that it's an 'insult to the original' because it's a cop-out. That way, they do what they want without experiencing the consequences of their true intentions.

A considerable amount of people are also riding the bandwagon that said neckbeards started, without critically understanding why they're doing so because it's hip to hate it just like it happened with batman v superman. Monkey see monkey do.

People here fail to see just how much people outside share their opinion, but are open about being the opposite to the community of people around them. The support for Trump and the recent success of brexit speak on behalf of this.
>>
>>71699633
Self ironic humor. Chemistry between the actors. A good amount of the movie taking itself not too seriously without crossing the line of making it a meta fest a la Deadpool. Good dialogue writing overall. Very good looking effects and lots of effort to make fitting visuals for atmosphere. Literally nobody has said why Ghostbusters is so bad yet.
>>
OP, the archive is your friend. Go look at it. Never come back.
>>
>>71699754
Op never said it was bad, just not worth all the edge it's been causing the Internet to produce lately.
>>
>>71698032

I know is a bait, but dang...

>Of all the forced memes I've seen emerge from this place, the biggest one by far is that the original ghostbusters is some infallible classic.

But it is. It was listed several times on best 80´s comedy movies and is listed as one of cultural icons of 80´s, along Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, E.T., Gremlins, etc.

total pleb

>I'm completely convinced the praise for this shit flick comes from bitter millenials looking for reasons to say bad things about women or blacks or whatever.

Most like millenials watching it for first time in order to defend the remake?

>This movie is no sacred cow and you should all be happy remake is even reminding reminding people that this shit existed.

Nothing is sacred in hollywood, that´s for sure

Wrong again. the PS3/wii/360 game, several comic book series, toys, etc.

More like none pleb care (like you and the other millenials) about ghostbusters before the remake was announced.
>>
>>71698032
this is bait
>>
>>71699788
>shit flick
>not bad
>>
>>71699463
RH was better than a lot of shit we have these days. TV was more even back then. Now it's either total shit or GOAT shows.
>>
>>71698183

It's not the first time with Ghostbusters. A few months ago there was a Sony shill that shilled a little too hard.
>>
File: Retard.gif (469 KB, 480x228) Image search: [Google]
Retard.gif
469 KB, 480x228
>>71698032

HEY MOM, COME LOOK AT HOW GOOD I DID TODAY.
>>
>>71699010

The new movie has scenes where the cast is physically fighting the ghosts like it's a light sabre battle; completely missing the point that the original crew were nothing more than paranormal pest control, and not Jedi.
>>
>>71699897
There wasn't a single thread about ghostbusters for months, possibly years before the internet caught wind of the reboot.
>>
>>71698032
It's a shill ya danguses
>>
>>71699712
Yeah, you're full of shit. You display a staggering amount of cynicism for people, all while accusing others on a moral higher ground. Of course people can't dislike something for the simple reason of it looking like a really bad movie, but instead the reason they do it is a hidden ideology. There are a metric fuck ton of girl power movies and nobody gave a crap or got mad. People don't like the new movies because the cast isn't sympathetic at all and completely disregards what the original movies were about. People are tired of the obnoxious black sidekick trope. Any criticism of it was met with accusations of hatred, just like the shit you're doing. AVGN got a fuck ton of actual harassment by bloggers because he declared he doesn't want to watch it. You're trying to imply there would be a consequence of them not liking it for racist reasons, but that's not really the case. You just don't watch it. That's it. Nobody is forced to watch this movie, right?
>>
File: images.jpg (68 KB, 719x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
68 KB, 719x1080
>>71698032
I saw this for the first time yesterday. It was dumb as fuck, but I kinda enjoyed it.

Should I watch the first?
>>
File: 1463021935249.gif (3 MB, 264x240) Image search: [Google]
1463021935249.gif
3 MB, 264x240
>>71698032
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71700301
Yes. I actually liked the 2nd one too but the first is funnier
>>
>>71700301
Op is a fucking faggot but ghostbusters 2 sucked ass.
>>
>>71700301
Absolutely, I love GBII but the first absolutely blows it out of the water
>>
>>71698032

>>Nobody cared about ghostbusters before the remake was announced.

Sure, that's way Ghostbusters 3 was talked so much and they did a game in all platform recently with the original cast. They do that with all 80s movies, right?
>>
>>71700458
I was about to say "they did it with aliens."

But Aliens was a 1970s movie. You win this round, anon.
>>
>>71700301
>>71700410
Where did this "GB2 was bad" meme come from?
>>
>>71700526
People parroting Siskel and Ebert
>>
>>71700526
Did you see it?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-06-09-38-14_1.jpg (148 KB, 1078x1672) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-06-09-38-14_1.jpg
148 KB, 1078x1672
>>71698032
Should I cop?

It's $18
>>
>>71700879
Fuck no.
>>
>>71698032
People pretend to care about the old ghostbusters.
>>
>>71700879
>Steelbook

Fuck my only weekness...
>>
>>71698075
I'll take the bait.

Do you see a lot of threads about Back to the Future on here ? It's not discussed much but last year the whole Internet was in BttF mode because it was 2015. If a remake was announced today it would get shit by everyone in the world.
But BttF isn't talked about it that much.
>>
>>71702005
What's steelbook?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.