[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh look, it's the one true Bond. All others are imitators.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: connery.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
connery.jpg
187 KB, 1920x1080
Oh look, it's the one true Bond. All others are imitators.
>>
Sean is suave, tall, dark, handsome, macho, vintage.

Underneath the Mango tree me honey...

How could you possibly think any other Bond matches Connery?
>>
>>71688293
Daniel Craig must be assassinated. He doesn't hold a candle to Sean Connery. He has a shaven chest. He's a gayboy. A fruitcake. And he's blonde. It's like watching Damon Albarn play Bond.

How can anybody watch Craig as Bond? Have you no shame? He's even short.
>>
>>71688446
Yeah anyone who likes a Craig film more than Dr No or From Russia With Love should fucking jump off Goldengate.
>>
Show yourself Craig fans. Reveal yourselves.
>>
Connery is obviously the best but I still like Craig .
>>
>>71688843
Craig movies should not be Bond films. They should be a separate franchise. He doesn't fit the character of Bond as I came to know it.

There will never be another true Bond film. Not only because of the lack of Connery, but because part of what made Bond films so good was their vintage charm. And nowadays there's too much focus on high octane action... Action is good, but in early Bond movies, even the slower segments were captivating.
>>
>>71688101
Craig is better
>>
File: latest[4].jpg (142 KB, 500x582) Image search: [Google]
latest[4].jpg
142 KB, 500x582
>>71688101

That's not Timothy Dalton.
>>
>>71689034
Bond is not a blonde midget, period.
>>
>>71689070
Timothy Dalton is good but he's just not Connery... Connery looks more macho, he looks like the type of guy to slap a woman if she's being bratty. Connery is more memorable as the character, and the Bond movies he starred in are more memorable too. Connery's just got the "it" factor.
>>
File: 022-live-and-let-die-theredlist.jpg (64 KB, 796x1023) Image search: [Google]
022-live-and-let-die-theredlist.jpg
64 KB, 796x1023
>>71688101
But Moore has the telltale jaw and Brosnan has the dynamic smile, how could they not be true Bonds? I can't believe it OP. But Connery is the greatest.
>>
>>71689108
Still better
>>
>>71689283
Where do you expect to find Connery? In a gentleman's club playing cards.

Where do you expect to find Brosnan? At a country club playing tennis with his family.
>>
>>71688971
>And nowadays there's too much focus on high octane action...
It's a phase just like the slight hippyish charm between Thunderball and Live And Let Die. Brosnan is already cult classic vintage and in 20 years Craig will be total legendary vintage.
>>71689070
Dalton is fucking great.
>>
>>71689359
I expect to find Connery in a retirement home shitting his pants.
>>
kek, Craigfags nowhere to be found. As it should be.
>>
>>71689410
Brosnan still seems too modern in my opinion and he seems less chaotic than Connery. Connery seems like a guy who'd visit gentleman's clubs and Brosnan seems more like a family man.
>>71689410
I think Dalton is the "weird" Bond. After watching a Dalton movie, I absolutely love him, but I find I need to warm up to him. It might be his appearance... He's incredibly handsome but has a "different" sort of look.
>>
>>71689474
There's one infidel: >>71689034
>>
>>71689474
>(you)
>>
>>71688446

Moore was also blonde.
>>
File: A_View_to_a_Kill_Poster.jpg (368 KB, 906x1425) Image search: [Google]
A_View_to_a_Kill_Poster.jpg
368 KB, 906x1425
>>71689193
I think it's all about the times, Bond always fits the time. Dalton comes across as a professional assassin with a sort of low profile agent while Connery comes across as a sort of dangerous high powered high profile agent. A reason the franchise is so legendary is because it defines the times as it is defined by the times. As the times change so do the releases. It could be a lot more fun in the future because the future could be a lot more fun. A massacre here and there couldn't hurt.
>>
>>71689517
Ya something about Dalton doesn't sit well with me. I can't put my finger on it. Goldeneye is a modern classic though.
>>
>>71689474
Craig is great though and most of the world loves him.

You'll never change that.
>>
>>71689517
One of the best villians was in Dalton's License To Kill.
>>71689781
Goldeneye was one of the best. The energy that movie brought to the table was immense.
>Ya something about Dalton doesn't sit well with me. I can't put my finger on it.
Maybe it's just as well something about the late 80's that doesn't sit well with you. It kind of felt like the calm before the storm to me. An it's too quiet sort of thing.
>>
>>71689781
I have issues with Goldeneye. Namely the comic relief of the geeky programmer. I thought the humor through the rest of the movies was more sophisticated. I didn't think the comedy in Goldeneye belonged in a Bond film. I remember enjoying everything else... But I think From Russia With Love is the best movie and Dr. No is the best overall taking into account the settings and style of the film as well as the quality of the movie itself.
>>
>>71689666
His hair color looks different depending on the lighting. He looks more brunette. Craig is straight up blonde twink.
>>
>>71690077
For me the humor reflected the personality of Brosnan and was a good example of adapting the franchise without losing it's soul(something Craig never figured out). I wasn't saying it was better than Russia or Dr. No, I agree with you on that point
>>
>>71690211
>without losing it's soul
Or the showmanship.
>>
>>71690077
I loved Boris, I thought one of the most classic 007 movie quotes was his "I am invincible!". I loved Goldeneye because it was explosively raw, rugged and gritty. Being so sophisticated you'd probably like On Her Majesties Secret Service, am I right?

>>71690202
Craigs dick's way too big for a twink.

>>71690211
Yeah I think the times got a little too heavy for Craig's films.
>>
BASED CONNERY
https://youtu.be/mzXkbJwrN38
>>
>>71688101
>>71688101
>>71688101
Successful VIRAL MARKETING campaign for Sony Pictures

> Tactics
1. Get a few anons to post pictures of Sony owned IP with no text and no banter
2. Get a few more anons to post non-nonsensical memes like "Rank these Bond films"
3. Get a few more anons to get pissed at the obvious spam and start flameposting thread

> Priority
1. Above all else, keep Sony IP in the discussion

> Result
1. Sony IP is continually on front page of /tv/ for years
2. As /tv/'s popularity grows on Reddit and elsewhere, more casuals begin to lurk
3. Casuals assume Sony movies are belived by /tv/
4. Sony studio makes solid revenue despite being worst studio in the business

Pretty simple really.

The same tactics have worked for years on >>>/v/ and >>>/g/
>>
>>71690547
>we can't discuss Bond bc Sony has the rights
Since you're so versed on /v/ maybe you should go back there.
>>
>>71690547
There's no Sonyggers here.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.