[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That feel when you rewatch your favourite movie and realise that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: the-thing-1982-image-2-1.png (342 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
the-thing-1982-image-2-1.png
342 KB, 800x400
That feel when you rewatch your favourite movie and realise that it didn't age well ;_;

All the shitty props, the bright red blood, the bad acting, the cheesy soundtrack...
Fuck, don't rewatch movies, /tv/.
>>
File: 1446838471659s.jpg (3 KB, 125x96) Image search: [Google]
1446838471659s.jpg
3 KB, 125x96
>my fav movie is the thing
nigga what are you 40
>>
>>71686652
KYS fampai
>>
File: sodoyah.jpg (64 KB, 407x397) Image search: [Google]
sodoyah.jpg
64 KB, 407x397
>>71686652
wrong movie for that description friendo
>>
>>71686673
Shouldn't you be outside trying to get laid kiddo?
>>
>>71686652
But the effects of that movie look better than anything with cgi today.
>>
>>71687197
kek
>>
>>71687197
Sorry, but no. I love the movie, but no.
>>
>>71686652
me? I'd serve crab legs.
>>
>>71687767

I'll take a waxy looking prob over a videogame cut scene. Go fuck yourself you underage faggot.
>>
>>71686652
>Fuck, don't rewatch movies, /tv/.
I just rewatched the tlotr flicks, really fucking bad. Also rewatched the thing and loved it more than ever though, most of the fx held up well, mainly just the models that looked a bit shit
>>
>>71686652
What's wrong with the special effects? They look great. What shitty props? Bright red blood is only in one scene when Bennings is getting assimilated, cheesy soundtrack? Bad Acting?

Do you have a SINGLE fact to back any of this up?
>>
>>71687879
>they look great
This is objectively wrong, though.
Rubbery shitty props are as bad as rubbery CGI, mate.
>>
>>71687052
Saw this for the first time the other day. I feels a bit dated, but in a good way. Not to mention the movie kind of created a whole new character archtype
>>
>>71687915
>This is objectively wrong, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NtgFKdWcKXY#t=42

I don't see a single thing wrong with that.

>CGI

Who said anything about CGI?
>>
>>71687915
no way dude, the Thing looks great
>>
I used to shit on the ting, but go and compare it to 2011's The Thing. 2011's version aged worse because of the shitty cgi and it's just a shittier movie in general. I'm not gonna say the effects on the original's look "great" either though.
>>
>>71688001
Congratulations, you're biased towards a movie because it is old and a classic and therefore "10/10, has no faults".
>>
File: Monsters (34).jpg (855 KB, 1280x1857) Image search: [Google]
Monsters (34).jpg
855 KB, 1280x1857
>>71687879
not OP and the thing is my favourite movie but Childs' awful delivery of a perfect imitation, Doc's springloaded head movements whenever he's onscreen, Garry's really uncomfortable acting when Bennings is turned.
>>
>>71687197
I agree with this anon, the head secuence is great. Wish they use more animatronics today. or at least work more on the "weight" of cgi characters.
>>
>>71687947
what archtytpe?
>>
Actually another thing that always bothered me about The Thing, when Blair is throwing a bitch fit in the radio room, where the fuck is everyone taking cover? Macready takes cover in the hallway in direct line of view of the guy with a gun, the fuck was he thinking? Norris is next to him, albeit out of view form the rest of the room
>>
>>71688722
In the scene where Blair is smashing things, Windows honestly feels like he doesn't give a damn about acting and just wants to wrap it up.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.