[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The incompetence of the American military >Blind Japanese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: world-war-z1.jpg (205 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
world-war-z1.jpg
205 KB, 600x923
>The incompetence of the American military
>Blind Japanese samurai and a Japanese otaku 2chan poster
>Stupid concepts like quislings and feral children
>Israel is best rael
>Is North Korea in a tunnel just hiding out or are they all zombies???????? It's like some kinda Schrodinger's cat of asians, so cool!
>"Muh dogs even though I hated them but now I attack people that do and now I'm in a special K9 unit durrrrrrr"
>DUDE I'M GUARDING RICH CELEBRITIES AND BILL MAHER AND ANNE COULTER ARE HAVING SEX ON THE BEACH LMAO

Oh no, how dare... HOW DARE Brad Pitt ruin such a *snicker* "classic" book?
>>
>>71682332

how often do you make this thread?
>>
>>71682332
It's a fun book m8.

The point is that this book's format doesn't translate well as a movie. Maybe it would have done bettter as a miniseries.

The stripped all the fun out of it and turned it into a generic "muh zombies" cash-in.
>>
>>71683477

The original script for the book is great and followed the same structure as the book

Listening to the audio book at the moment released with new actors after the movie its very good
>>
>>71682332

Brad Pitt didn't ruin the book

Max and book fans are fine with the film since its not taking directly from the book.
>>
>>71682332

IT-SA GOOD-A PASTA!
>>
Mel Brooks is a talentless hack. Fucking yid.
>>
It should have been turned into a tv series. One chapter, one episode.
>>
File: 50.gif (837 KB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
50.gif
837 KB, 245x150
>mfw I had to go in for surgery and a few day stay in the hospital and this was the book I bought on the recommendation of other people to take up some time while I was in there

What a steaming pile of shit.
>>
File: Americans.jpg (200 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Americans.jpg
200 KB, 1920x1080
>>71682332

That's fine, it was a new threat that wasn't understood by the right people in the leadership. A lot of countries were inept in their reaction.

>Blind Japanese samurai and a Japanese otaku 2chan poster
Fine

>Stupid concepts like quislings and feral children
Feral children are something that happens in the real world, Quislings were stupid though. Maybe one individual acting out like that would be excusable but not hundreds.

>Israel is best rael
Israel is paranoid and defensive so them acting that way is just fine.

>Is North Korea in a tunnel just hiding out or are they all zombies???????? It's like some kinda Schrodinger's cat of asians, so cool!
North Korea acting like that is fine, the South Koreans being so reluctant for decades to check the country out is not though.

>"Muh dogs even though I hated them but now I attack people that do and now I'm in a special K9 unit durrrrrrr"
People like dogs

>DUDE I'M GUARDING RICH CELEBRITIES AND BILL MAHER AND ANNE COULTER ARE HAVING SEX ON THE BEACH LMAO
People like sex
>>
>>71683681
Maybe they just wanted you to have a light read after the surgery you pretentious assface?
>>
>>71683735
>Feral children are something that happens in the real world

Not in a world of zombies.

I know feral children happened during World War 2, but germans wouldn't shoot those kids. Imagine an active force going after the kids

Now multiply that to millions upon millions of zombies infesting America that will eat those kids.
>>
>>71683743

How does that change the fact that the book is absolute fucking garbage and not worth reading in any way you stupid fucking troglodyte?
>>
>>71683735
incredible rebuttals of everything, m8. you even did the classic greentext/reply thingy. you'll fit right in here at 4chan
>>
>>71683797
The book is not good nor well written, but I wouldn't have minded dumb pulp before or after surgery as a gift.
>>
>>71683854
It wasn't a gift, I purchased it because they told me it was soooo good. It made me wish I'd have died during surgery.
>>
>>71683913
My main problem with the book is that literally nobody felt authentic

They all set the stage in unrealistic ways, they all talked like they were in a fiction book, basically
>>
>>71682332
I liked the movie. It kept up with themes of the book but did a very poor job of it but it was still a good movie.

They could still do a series about the book which is what they should have done all along
>>
>>71683954
>cliche
is the word your looking for.

The concepts from the book I liked that found it's way in the movie

>Highlighting how each nation's infrastructure deliberately impacted its ability to handle outbreak
>Democracies and other places with freedom of movement were overwhelmed
>autocracies such as Cuba and NK were basically unimpacted due to how locked down the societies were, minimizing outbreak

and

>montage of people coming up with ways to fuck shit up at the end

Everything else in the book was largely forgettable, and the shit that wasn't really is only memorable because of how bad it was.

The dog story was absolutely retarded.
>>
>>71683913
We all wish you'd have died during surgery
>>
>>71682332

The only half-way interesting adaptation of this book would kept the narrator and used meeting with the exiled South African General for his personal account of the war as an interview-with-the-vampire-style framing device. The rest of the movie would be a full recounting of the Napoleonic figure's martial exploits and experiences of the war from its beginning to its end.

Alluding to the global adoption of tactics he developed during his military triumphs in the denouement would be a natural conclusion and establish the basis for a wider WWZ Universe.

Trying to do a jet-setting road show of the entire global conflict from the point of view of a single dude is fist in rectum retarded.
>>
File: 1465519879281.jpg (106 KB, 497x427) Image search: [Google]
1465519879281.jpg
106 KB, 497x427
>>71682332
Holy shit op's at it again with this copypasta fuckin thread
>>
>>71682332
The book is weeaboo shit that only works if you don't scrutinize or think about it

I wish they'd made an accurate movie just so that people could see how shitty it is

Does Chloe Grace Moretz have Turner Syndrome?
>>
File: 1465962152478.png (120 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1465962152478.png
120 KB, 292x257
>>71685227
BTFO top bantz
>>
>>71682332
Here's your #(You)
>>
>>71683525
What was wrong with the old audiobook? I really liked that one.
>>

yea the us has never gone into a war with superior technology and lost because of their arrogance and lack of adaptability

j*sus christ
>>
>>71682332
The only story in the book that was bad was the one where the military set up a choke point and even their most advanced weaponry didn't phase the hoard. I just didn't buy it. Zombies really aren't that dangerous in real life.
>>
>>71686859
It was heavily abridged. Skipped a lot of good stuff in my opinion. The new one came out around the movie. I went to the store to buy it because I heard it was unabridged, but the clerk told me once again it wasn't. So I you aren't getting the whole book either way .
>>
>>71687102
Wow, I never knew. Guess I missed a lot of the book then. Maybe I'll read it one day, but probably not.
>>
>>71682332
Did Max Brooks rape you or something?
>>
>>71687151
Just did a search, there IS an unabridged version, but it's only available outside the US, for some reason.
If you can get ahold of any version of the audiobook, if that's what you prefer, get that.
>>
>>71686930
There were a lot of unrealistic things about the zombies in the books, which is fine, it's just a fantasy book set in reality.
>>
>>71682332

Other than the blind samuria I thought this was the best depiction of a zombie apocolypse.

I was actualy able to imagine how society broke down (over a few years) instead of movies which go:

>Main character goes to bed or gets in a coma somehow
>literally all of society is gone after 1 night-a few weeks,
>>
>>71683797
>light
>read

I take it you hate purposeful camp and cheese as well.

You must be a fun guy.
>>
File: 1466530706804.gif (997 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1466530706804.gif
997 KB, 500x700
>>71686930
>zombies really arent that dangerous in real life.

yeah. cause they dont exist
>>
>>71686358
book about zombies written by a jew
>weaboo shit
???
>>
>>71683604
>Mel Brooks is a talentless hack. Fucking yid.
So is your ophthalmologist.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.