[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>dodged the Independence Day 2 bullet I bet he's thanking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Will-Smith-MIS-000032-big.jpg (650 KB, 2500x3521) Image search: [Google]
Will-Smith-MIS-000032-big.jpg
650 KB, 2500x3521
>dodged the Independence Day 2 bullet

I bet he's thanking his lucky stars.
>>
>>71679103
Lel its still better than every movie he has made in the last 6 years
>>
>>71679103

Not out of the woods yet
>>
>>71679152
Not by a ...
[spoliers]deadshot
>>
Is he wearing a hair piece?
>>
>>71679103
>thanking his lucky stars
That he's going to be in an even bigger turd a month from now?
>>
>>71679103
Yeah because After Earth was such a masterpiece
>>
>>71679103

It was bad because he said no. They had to fucking change the story to cut him out. I'm going with butterfly effect on this one... Will Smith made it bad by choosing to not be in it.
>>
File: 1100274408411.jpg (38 KB, 620x374) Image search: [Google]
1100274408411.jpg
38 KB, 620x374
>>71679136
I may be in the minority but I thought Focus was actually pretty good, still debating on whether I should watch Concussion or not.
>>
>>71681514
It was bad because it was bad dude.

The movie did not even match the original tone or styling of the first film. The crazy shoehorned in super felt forced speech from the President was just poorly written as shit.

The movie was bad. Smith would not have made it better.
>>
>>71681514

It's not his fault they can't write for shit.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Smith-Isn-t-Independence-Day-Resurgence-72184.html

>Earlier in the day, I was lucky enough to have a conversation with Independence Day co-writer and producer Dean Devlin about Will Smith’s absence, and while he’s now speaking from a point of moving forward without a major talent, the way that he described the writing process on the sequel without Smith made a lot of sense. According to Devlin, the original Independence Day was a true ensemble picture, with Smith, Goldblum, Pullman, Fox and even Quaid getting their individual moments. Devlin explained that adding Smith, now, to a sequel would automatically make him the star of the film. Once they knew Smith wasn’t returning, Devlin said the creative team was able to go back into the script and redistribute the action, so that Independence Day: Resurgence will be a true ensemble pic that has plenty of memorable moments for the original cast, and the newcomers looking to carry the torch.
>>
>>71679103
>implying Will wouldn't have made ID2 at least watchable.
>>
>>71681694
But it could have been better if he was the protagonist of this one, because the "emsemble" of this one is a bunch of shitty young actors with zero charisma
>>
>>71681694
Yeah but it wasn't intentionally an ensemble. Yes every character had lines and moments but that they all ended up being amazing was a complete accident.
>>
>>71679103
they should have just waited for him to finish filming suicide squad, instead of going ahead without him
>>
THAT YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE
>>
>>71679103
>No WELCOM TO EARF moment in the sequel

Pretty lame tbqh
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.