[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /tv/ think of it? I personally enjoyed it. It has consistency
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: funmovie.jpg (59 KB, 640x387) Image search: [Google]
funmovie.jpg
59 KB, 640x387
what does /tv/ think of it?
I personally enjoyed it. It has consistency which was a surprising and I enjoyed the plot.
I just hated how obvious they made it be that it was getting another sequel.
Hollywood really is in a creative rut isnt it?
>>
i liked it, nowhere near as good as the first but disappointed they didnt have an anti shield ray built from davids computer
>>
File: cunt.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
cunt.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
>>71675370
>first half of he movie plays it straight for scenes they can use in ads
>Second half of the film gets incredibly cheesy and camp, but in a try hard way, not a funny cult classic kind of way.

Just out of the cinema literally 20 mins ago. went to the 7.30, 2D showing of the film in cineworld Dublin. Taxi'd home, fucked my girl, sent her to bed and how im shitposting for a few hours.
>>
>>71675444
right? with all that tec i figured their shields wouldnt be a problem anymore.
>>
it was shit

but it was shit enough to be unintentionally hilarious and goldblum/data were great

thumbs up if u like shitty movies
>>
>>71675475
They wernt a problem. Just when plot required it.
>cold fusion bombs.
>>
>>71675370
it was light hearted pg-13 film. It reminded me of that BattleShip movie that came out a few years ago. I mean that in the way it was shot and the characters they used. It was a shitty summer pop corn flick but i wouldnt mind knowing the next chapter even though i know its gonna be shit. I do like the little world they started to build. I am sure they will do something absurd to ruin it like a will smith clone or something.
>>
Mad Scientist Data > Heebie and The Kid-Bus > Muh Dabid and the Plot >>>>>> Fighter Pilots

Seriously, the fighter pilots were complete shit.

Way less entertaining than the first, but still borderline okay.
Would watch another for more Data.
>>
File: whywhywhywhywhywhy.jpg (60 KB, 500x287) Image search: [Google]
whywhywhywhywhywhy.jpg
60 KB, 500x287
>You have the heart of a warrior Daniel.
>What world has the stargate brought us to today??

What did they mean by this??
>>
>>71675591
Based on this I'm a tad less worried about Emmerich's new Stargate movie, but also not hopeful.
>>
>>71675461
>not a funny cult classic kind of way.
>DAVID, MY SON DAVID
>AREA FEEFTY WAAN
>YOU'D ALL BE DEAD IF IT WASN'T FOR MY SON DAVID
>Oh no you didn't shoot that green shit at me
>Traitor...
>Will Smith punching aliens
>"I'm well aware of their maneuvering capabilities"

This movie is gold
>>
what irked me about the first movie was the lack of cruise missiles launched from submarines during the end battle. surely the subs had survived any attack from the smaller ships
>>
Seeing Judd Hirsch on screen just made me laugh my ass off thanks to Patrice

The movie was just ok
>>
>>71675655

>Good Morning
>>
>>71675655
>so do you think you can fly that thing?
>do you think you can do all that bullshit you just said?
>>
Anyone else really disappointed we didn't any of Randy Quaid's kids?

Fuck, that weird guy who follows Liam Hemsworth around could have been the young one.
>>
>>71675655
None of that was funny. It sucked.
>>
I couldn't hear over all the fucking anvils.
>>
>>71675776

>HELLO BOYS I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
>-James Brown scream intensifies-
>>
There was literally no purpose for any of those Judd Hirsch scenes
>>
>>71675888
Those scenes served the highest purpose.
Being entertaining as fuck.

>HOW I SAVED THE WORLD
I laughed for a good minute.
>>
File: ,.,.,.,..jpg (53 KB, 638x475) Image search: [Google]
,.,.,.,..jpg
53 KB, 638x475
>>71675370
lmao I thought it was great I was a little drunk when I watched it though and grew up watching the original so I might be a little biased it was a little corny and campy at some points Ill admit
>>
>>71675370
It was just as dumb as the first and I still liked it

There were some things I didnt like, the first one was definitely better, but to say "oh this one is terrible because the first was better" is ludicrous, they are both bad movies. They arent art, they're just supposed to entertain and they both accomplish this goal. The hate this movie is getting is overblown
>>
>>71675946
What the fuck, when did those two buffoons hang out?
>>
>>71676114
Jesse had a show a few years back where he would investigate conspiracies I think this was the fema episode I forget the name of the show though at this point they were peeking through the woods at the infamous fema coffins
>>
>>71676298
That sounds amazing, I have to look it up
>>
>>71676011
They managed to dishonor a campy hollywood blockbuster. That is an achievement.
>>
File: I'll walk it off.jpg (80 KB, 480x479) Image search: [Google]
I'll walk it off.jpg
80 KB, 480x479
>>71676011
>It was just as dumb as the first and I still liked it
This
>>
It lacked the weight, epicness, and feel of the original. Just felt hollow and rushed.
>>
Worst movie I've ever seen.

Also, I saw it totally drunk with about 5 hours of sleep. My body kept trying to go to sleep, but then the alcohol kept trying to keep me awake (by making me nauseous).

Did not enjoy the film. Though maybe I didn't give it a fair shot.

Was there really a scene early on when the sphere showed up and they were like "kill it or nah?" And Goldblum was like "nah" and they did it anyway and he was like "not cool, but whatever" and the whole sequence was like 90 seconds? Or is that drunk me remembering it poorly?
>>
>>71676795

it might've been more interesting if they didn't blow it up and then they have the dilemma of staying and fighting vs running and letting earth be destroyed
>>
>>71676795
Yes that actually happened.
>>
>>71676977
>>71677032

Ok, that's when I started to check out.

>Momentous decision that could affect the current (or start a new) interstellar war
>Uhh...whadda we do?
>Fuggin kill it
>Er...no?
>Frig off, we're doin' it
>aw phooey *shoulder shrug*
>>
>>71677172
Well the last time they played nice and got btfo so it kind of makes sense despite it generally being a good idea to wait and see.

The orb thing could have tried communication before coming in at speed.
>>
I liked it about the same as the original. I found the lines quite cliched in places and i knew what the characters would say next. I could have done without seeing the closeup of brent spiners naked ass. I liked the improved cgi, the alien cornfields were impressive and shows some scifi research went into it. still there were massive plotholes like the warlords ship never being inspected when the planet was at risk.
>>
Why did it take the authorities 10 years to find the enormous drill ship in Africa? A fucking preteen on Google Earth would have seen it right away
>>
"Independence Day: Intergalactic"

COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>71677519
It didn't they knew about it the whole time the warlord just called them when the power came back on.
>>
>>71677575
Was disappointed the warlord wasn't Idris 2bh
>>
>>71677575
if they knew then why didn't they disable the drives so it could not fly away on its own?
>>
>>71677999
It didn't fly away on it's own, it's still on earth the new mother ship/drill is the only one that flew away.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.