[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can't wait to see fury road in black and white https:/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
can't wait to see fury road in black and white

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTyMf0A_6OE
>>
How are we supposed to know they're in a desert if it isnt yellow and orange?
>>
>>71675228

>just reduce the color to 0 on your tv

>>
I dont get the appeal.

The cinematography doesnt fit with b&w.
>>
>>71675499
Haha. You're joking, right?
>>71675555
Wrong
>>
>>71675555
its the way the film is supposed to be
>>
Fuck, I really want another Mad Max movie
>>
>>71675228
is this going to be released as a fan made full length thing or did they just do the trailer?
>>
the overtly saturated colors of the film were taken into consideration when shooting. this doesnt work in black and white and white as the whites are too bright and darks too dark.

tldr

it wasnt meant to be in b a w for a reason. it looks like shit in it.
>>
>>71675857
I think the stark contrast in shading kind of gives it a Mike Mignola feel. I'm reserving judgment.
>>
>>71675857
That's why they made two versions.

One with overly saturated colors.

And other in black and white with normal colors.
>>
>>71675228
Ábsólute Kïnôgràphy
>>
>>71675555
I heard the Dune movie is pretty amazing in black and white.
>>
File: 1465264869170.jpg (7 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1465264869170.jpg
7 KB, 252x252
>>71675228
Looks okay but I miss the color, because it was beautiful in Fury Road.

Plus no Mad Max has every been B&W so it's not like "keeping with tradition" bullshit.
>>
>>71675757
Nazis are releasing it in a box set and that's as much as we know.
>>
>>71676121
Deserts film well in black and white, I guess. Kinda explains Westerns.
>>
>>71675228
Should I hate this gimmick? I think it does look straight up better.
>>
>>71676355
Gimmicks by definition should be met with scorn or at least a healthy a pinch of salt. So in this case no, because the color version no less full of gimmicks, this is just adding one more.
>>
>>71675228
I don't really get what this adds to the film. Especially a colourfull one like Fury Road. Please indulge me.
>>
>>71676528
I see you.
>>
Speaking with the LA Times, Miller told them, in addition to a commentary and more features, we’ll see the black-and-white cut on the next Mad Max: Fury Road Blu-ray release.

>The best version of ‘Fury Road’ was what we called a ‘slash dupe’: a cheap, black-and-white version of the movie for the composer. Something about it seemed more authentic and elemental. So I asked Eric Whipp, the [‘Fury Road’] colorist, ‘can I see some scenes in black and white with quite a bit of contrast?’ They looked great. So I said to the guys at Warners, ‘can we put a black-and-white version on the DVD?’ There wasn’t enough room. [It’ll end up] on another version with commentary and other features.

When will we see this version? Miller doesn’t say, but this double-dip is worth the wait. Now, if they put this black-and-white version in theaters, that would also be a real treat. Miller wants to “go all the way out” and show people his preferred version of the film:

>We spent a lot of time in DI (digital intermediate), and we had a very fine colorist, Eric Whipp. One thing I’ve noticed is that the default position for everyone is to de-saturate post-apocalyptic movies. There’s only two ways to go, make them black and white — the best version of this movie is black and white, but people reserve that for art movies now. The other version is to really go all-out on the color. The usual teal and orange thing? That’s all the colors we had to work with. The desert’s orange and the sky is teal, and we either could de-saturate it, or crank it up, to differentiate the movie. Plus, it can get really tiring watching this dull, de-saturated color, unless you go all the way out and make it black and white.
>>
>>71676687
Honest question for filmmakers, how do you watch your own movie for hours upon hours while still remaining impartial in your judgment?
If I had to watch a movie for dozens of times I would just get sick of it, even if the 10th version would have superior sound or coloring, I wouldn't have the objectivity to tell.
>>
>>71676687
>When will we see this version?
In september, when the Anthology version comes out.
>>
>>71675611

No, I'm not. It's not that hard.
>>
Storm scene looks shit
>>
>>71676792
You don't. That's why you have to surround yourself with people you trust.
>>
>>71678680
What if I have trust issues or I think I'm smarter than them?
>>
Looks good
>>
>>71678680
Well then you better be right. Because nobody wants to work with someone who doesn't listen to reason. Of course right is a subjective thing when it comes to art, so it can often be smart to find someone who shares your opinions somewhat.
>>
Is it just me, or does this look a bit blue?
>>
why doe
>>
>>71675228
Weren't this film in grading for like a year and a half?
>>
The first Mad Maz was perfect. It was close to a boy and his dog. A simple story in a morally grey area. The stake are very clear and easy to understand. You need the gas for cars. Raiders are coming for the gas. Move the gas quickly. And that's enough for us to explore and understand this world. We're not constantly being bash over the head with modern days social drama, we're not questioning the characters choice or neither are we assaulted with cliché of strong and independent women.

It's just a story about a dude moving a fucking truck and everything after that is bullshit.
>>
>>71679067
Nah
>>
>>71679067
Mad Maz Kanata?
>>
>>71679107
You're rightful /pol/ clay now.

Back to /v/ if you want a safe space.
>>
>>71679167
I was expecting this sooner.
>>
>>71679067
The first Mad Max is about a policeman's hunt for revenge you mong
>progressives huh?
Like clockwork
>>
>>71675611
>Haha. You're joking, right?
why would he be joking? What's the difference with buying a Black and White version and just reducing your tv's color to zero?

Apart from them adding some contrast differences which again can be done on your tv.
>>
>>71679276
>Like clockwork

what, clockwork is about rape and brainwashing.
It question human morality vs the law.
>>
>>71678724
George Lucas
>>
>>71679175
How about /pol/ babbys stay in their safe space?
>>
Fury Road is like a beautiful woman.
Even with a haircut that would be unattractive on someone else, one cannot help but be attracted.
>>
>>71675228
something i would watch unlike the original version
>>
>>71679414
Do you know why your argument is invalid?

Because you are black. You don't reasons with facts. Only muh feels.

I have yet to see a nigger admit other niggers are bad.
>>
>>71677810

because it's not the official black and white
>>
>>71679475
Wtf?? Haha, jesus, /pol/, take the meds
>>
Wasn't there talk of releasing a silent film version of Fury Road?
>>
>>71675228
looks like shit 2bh
>>
>>71679557
It only makes us normal now.

Christ, we need to smoke moon rocks.
>>
>>71679557
Clearly he's not really from /pol/ You see niggers admit niggers are shit all the time there.
>>
>>71679383
I meant your absolutely unrelated remark to the sjw boogeyman you sad pol caricature
>>
File: 258.jpg (117 KB, 774x809) Image search: [Google]
258.jpg
117 KB, 774x809
>>71679673
Today you say this, tomorrow you open /pol/ and in a week or so you make a thread in the likes of ''fuck you /pol/ I wish I never took the red pill''

It's okay. On /pol/ even Romanians can pretend to be white. We're an inclusive group believe it or not.
>>
>>71679755
>''fuck you /pol/ I wish I never took the red pill''
Those are meme posts. The "red pill" is mundane.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.