[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So in the wake of the BFG, I see a lot of posts insulting Spielberg
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Spielberg.jpg (61 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Spielberg.jpg
61 KB, 600x300
So in the wake of the BFG, I see a lot of posts insulting Spielberg and putting him down on this cesspool.

Need I remind you that this man has directed the following good to great movies, as well as produced some acclaimed films.

>Jaws
>Saving Private Ryan
>The Adventures of Tintin
>Minority Report
>Munich
>War of the Worlds
>Catch Me If You Can
>Jurassic Park
>Indiana Jones
>Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Why do some on this board hate Spielberg?

Man essentially created and perfected the blockbuster genre.
>>
>Why do some on this board hate Spielberg?

Contrarianism
>>
>Spielberg
>berg
>>
>>71673583
>BFG
That's his fault for making a movie named after Doom's Big Fucking Gun. That's false advertising. I don't want to see giants. I want to see Disney's take on the Big Fucking Gun 9000.
>>
>>71673583
>Man essentially created and perfected the blockbuster genre.
That's why that hate him. Also he can take the insults, whereas Lucas is more sensitive about it.
>>
File: 1463936139858.jpg (32 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
1463936139858.jpg
32 KB, 620x400
I really liked WotW until that fucking 30 min basement scene.
It's so fucking boring it makes the movie litteraly un-rewatchable
>>
>>71674627
The BFG was a book written by the guy who wrote charlie and the chocolate factory you dunce
>>
>>71674744

The basement scene was great
>>
>>71673583

Hangs out with commies like Fidel Castro and preaching communism for the rest of us while living on board a $400 million yacht.

In other words he's a hypocrite.

And why is he working with Disney? Dreamworks could have put the movie out without any help from Disney. When considering how close they released it to Finding Dory, it's as if Disney wanted to fuck him.
>>
>>71673583
Why do some on this board hate Spielberg?
Because he is not making anything we/I want to see.

I would have preferred Indy 4 with Indy and short round going on adventures (not lebuff).
Also he has industry power to adapt films that push genres and squanders it making bfg.
>>
>>71673583
Spielberg has no balls. He's an old man now.

It was readily apparent in Indy 4. He's gone soft.
>lemme just cut the Roald Dahl out of this and make it pure Disney schlock
Young Spielberg never would have done this.
>>
>>71675186

Tintin was a better Indy film than 4
>>
>>71673583
Spielberg was never good. Indiana Jones movies aged like milk, looks like some bullshit you'd see on an MGM studios ride, garbage.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.