[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It is a "Beverly gets her face melted off by Worf's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 26
File: Genesis_creatures.jpg (393 KB, 911x624) Image search: [Google]
Genesis_creatures.jpg
393 KB, 911x624
>It is a "Beverly gets her face melted off by Worf's monster form's acid and no one comments on how well her face looks after the reconstruction at the end of the episode" episode
>>
File: 1449271494287.png (567 KB, 695x630) Image search: [Google]
1449271494287.png
567 KB, 695x630
>>71673085
>Worf turns into a hardcore DS9 Jem'Hadar

Genesis is an underrated episode. I get the premise is a little screwy, still think it's some good Trek-Horror.
>>
>>71673085
What if Beverly was always a monster? Her human face was the true mask.
>>
File: 1453240103765.gif (917 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1453240103765.gif
917 KB, 150x150
>>71673739
>spotted the turboplebbitor
>spotted the gay roboto

Don't speak to ME or Beverly's dead husband's son EVER AGAIN!
>>
>>71673085
Alyssa was QT insect person.
>>
File: lowerdecks285.jpg (73 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
lowerdecks285.jpg
73 KB, 694x530
>>71674532
>forgets image

I must have Barclay's Protomorphosis Syndrome.
>>
File: 1436554888395.jpg (52 KB, 506x675) Image search: [Google]
1436554888395.jpg
52 KB, 506x675
>>71673085

thye missed the mark by not turning picard into a swinging lemur
>>
File: 1439959836050.png (45 KB, 159x219) Image search: [Google]
1439959836050.png
45 KB, 159x219
>>71673085
Barclay's protomorphosis into a spider was sort of what we saw happen to the entire franchise if you use "Genesis" from TNG as context.

The virus became the elements of sci-fi that were derived from other series and books used by Brannon Braga, and the themes distilled then reutilized by Rick Berman for later series.

The original series and TNG were like the ancestors to DS9, VOY, and ENT.

But as time went on, there was a full-blown regression that began with Voyager and by the time Enterprise was conceived and finally green-lit, we had a de-evolved version of Star Trek.

Every aspect of Enterprise from the start was a lesser version of everything that came before it and not because it was a prequel but because everything had been exhausted ideally in scripts.

By S3-S4 of Enterprise, Data (Manny Coto and Braga's guilt) figures out a cure for the disease but by this time the episode is almost over (the series) as well as the season (the franchise).

BULLETPROOF
>>
File: giphy.gif (916 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
916 KB, 500x259
>>71676564
>BULLETPROOF
>not QED

Close enough
>>
It also feels like a remake of Timescape, which was just the prior season.
>>
>>71677337
It's only because it's 2-3 people examining a perceived "dead" ship when really time is stopped in one, and the other is a literal house of horrors now with a Worf that has turned into a beast from the Qo'Nos east.
>>
>>71673085
It's this is not how genetic works episode.
>>
File: 1447101601417.jpg (109 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
1447101601417.jpg
109 KB, 569x428
>>71673085
Does anyone have a list of TNG episodes that were more horror sci-fi focused?
>>
>>71680217
any episodes with Wesley are completely horrific
>>
>>71680217
If you paid me $5 in crypto-coin I'd do it.
The entire franchise, with annotations.
>>
>>71679745
N-Trans were created as a fake neuroscientific memory concept for the sake of this episode alone.

Blame the writers.
>>
>>71673085
This episode has a great sxene in the briefing room where pre Spider Barclay is bending around the room talking like a hopped up sperging scientist while Riker stumbles through 'uh huh'ing his way to consensus.
>>
File: playing_god_110.jpg (79 KB, 705x530) Image search: [Google]
playing_god_110.jpg
79 KB, 705x530
>it's a "all life matters" (except our own lol) episode
>>
File: Sisko2375.jpg (159 KB, 549x468) Image search: [Google]
Sisko2375.jpg
159 KB, 549x468
>>71673085
>It's a Sisko virus bombs another planet episode.
>>
File: 1463444117823.jpg (171 KB, 1067x800) Image search: [Google]
1463444117823.jpg
171 KB, 1067x800
>>
File: 1441755812497.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1441755812497.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>71685534
And he had the nerve to test "The Picard".
>>
File: images (3).jpg (7 KB, 261x193) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
7 KB, 261x193
>it's a killing your own clone is still murder episode
>>
>>71673952

Rewatching TNG, all I can think about is how much it hurts that she'll never breastfeed me.
>>
>>71679745
yeah, well the transporters are a fountain of youth
>>
>>71676564
>By S3-S4 of Enterprise, Data
what?
>Enterprise
>Data
again, what?
>>
File: 1443248269728.gif (1020 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
1443248269728.gif
1020 KB, 500x270
>>71687603
If you ask me, she's the most aesthete, dignified looking straight haired redhead I've ever seen before and most redheaded women age horribly on a visual level due to their fair skin.
>>
>>71687688
He was using the details of the episode "Genesis" as an analogy for the evolution (I think he also meant that part of it) of the entire Star Trek franchise up to the end of Enterprise.

And, yes, I agree, I think he needs to take a break from the series.
>>
>>71687532
Riker and Pulaski's clones were still not fully formed.

Had not even breathed one breath of air yet and had not experienced one moment of waking consciousness.

This argument is stupid, Riker and Pulaski were entirely in the right for this one based on the above statement.
>>
File: DoctorSoong.jpg (79 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
DoctorSoong.jpg
79 KB, 694x530
>>71674970
No they missed the mark by not having Data de evolve into Dr Soong
>>
>>71688973
he should have de-evolved into a toaster or an xbox or something
>>
>>71688543
So what is it then? Is there no crime at all in 24th century EarthSpace or do we just it slide even though that Ruler was like a minute away in EZ Bake Ovenâ„¢ time from being ready to play the trombone.
>>
>>71690426
JC, I meant ' let it slide ' and ' Riker '.
>>
File: 1462714080554.jpg (8 KB, 236x177) Image search: [Google]
1462714080554.jpg
8 KB, 236x177
>>71674631
I would create a holodeck simulation of Nurse Ogawa being goaded into a promotion by a predator lesbian Dr. Crusher.

It would start out with Nurse Ogawa coming in all chipper and in a good mood as usual.

Beverly would invite her into her office and begin discussing, of all things, the anatomy of the J'naii.

Ogawa would look puzzled but hardly uninterested because Beverly's never been too weird about asking questions on research.

As the conversation inevitably lead to the reproductive organs, Beverly would use very clever and very subtle words and bodily suggestions to ever so carefully move into the "we're now discussing me and you phase".

Alyssa would definitely feel somewhat embarassed at this point and know something was afoot, but Beverly would carefully move it back into "So how's Andrew? Yeah?" type of questioning..

At this point, Beverly would strike..

"Alyssa, I know it's a bit premature but I think you deserve a promotion. . . but it WILL cost you, hehe."

From here she thoroughly details that she would make her head nurse and put in a letter of recommendation to Starfleet for her to be moved into the doctoral program on her authority if she agreed to a long, explicit lesbian encounter that involved a large variety of pleasuring, and that even some latinum compensation would be in order.

Alyssa would balk at first, then Beverly would move closer, and closer, then carefully planting a kiss, then moving away.

Alyssa would freeze but then suddenly begin kissing her.. they are now passionately french kissing and suddenly Dr. Crusher says "Not now, but tonight.."

The program then resets in Dr. Crusher's quarters and that's when the lesbian sex scene begins.
>>
>>71691541
You might want to see a psychiatrist.

Too much thought for one holoprogram
>>
File: 1457281453419.jpg (204 KB, 733x980) Image search: [Google]
1457281453419.jpg
204 KB, 733x980
>>71686565
I think the EDD-ING-TON event alone should leave no doubt in anyone's mind who is worse from a moral or ethical point of view.

Janeway's morals were so on the other side of the spectrum that, yes, negative outcomes would inevitably occur because you shouldn't give a woman with the worst caffeine addiction in the galaxy (who also happens to be emotionally unstable even while having had a cup or two) the morality of a hippie commune leader and expect things to turn out like a hippie commune leader would expect them to.

So, with that said, I put Janeway above Sisko strictly because Sisko was willing to destroy an entire M-Class planet's ecosystem for the sake of revenge on 1 man.

Also Javert 1, Valjean 0.
>>
>>71693314
>Sisko was willing to destroy an entire M-Class planet's ecosystem for the sake of revenge on 1 man
The humans were there illegally, and nothing about the planet changed except for the humans leaving.

Do you like squatters? I bet you like squatters. I'm going to come live in your house rent-free (and I'm taking over your bedroom), and DON'T YOU DARE try to evict me or else you'll be as bad as Sisko.
>>
File: 1454756728850.jpg (31 KB, 475x363) Image search: [Google]
1454756728850.jpg
31 KB, 475x363
>>71693627
A challenger appears, good.

No, I hate squatters, but my preferences are irrelevant to this age old argument so let's stick to the point, shall we?

The planet was M-CLASS. That means that he killed all kinds of lifeforms, some potentially sentient, for the sake of getting Eddington (he proved that it was no longer about the Maquis but getting "the TRAY-TER!" known as Michael Eddington - and on more than one occasion).

So, this means he destroyed an entire evolutionary process that spanned at least a few 100 million years, possibly more, to scare Eddington off of his plan.

In the end, it worked but it came at the price of finding out Eddington was bluffing all along and had no intention of destroying any Cardassian colonies with biogenic weapons.

Sisko, in the end, only reports his crimes (at the admonition of Dax) to Odo. He never gets punished; no trial or demotion whatsoever.

So, with that as irrefutable fact, and knowing that Starfleet is rigidly strict on the illegality of biogenic weapons, rigidly strict on destroying life for the sake of another, or for that matter, the sake of heresay, Sisko is not only in the wrong, he is a criminal BY STARFLEET STANDARDS.

I've argued this point so many times that I forget how important that last part is.

From what we know about the Federation charter, such crimes are enough to get you courtmartialed.
>>
>>71688543
>It's a tourist from tumblr defends abortion post
>>
>>71694096
Your argument is not supported by the episode.

>SISKO: To all the members of the Maquis resistance. This is Captain Sisko of the USS Defiant. In response to the Maquis's use of biogenic weapons in their recent attacks, I am about to take the following action. In exactly one hour, I will detonate two quantum torpedoes that will scatter trilithium resin in the atmosphere of Solosos Three. I thereby will make the planet uninhabitable to all human life for the next fifty years. I suggest evacuation plans begin immediately.
Human life is the only life stated to be affected. No other life is mentioned.

>Captain's log, supplemental. Resettlement efforts in the DMZ are underway. The Cardassian and Maquis colonists who were forced to abandon their homes will make new lives for themselves on the planets their counterparts evacuated. The balance in the region will be restored, though the situation remains far from stable.
Nobody died and the humans found a new home. Not only is the planet fine, but it becomes the new home for the homeless Cardassians.

Why are those Cardassians homeless?
>SISKO: Report.
>KIRA: Eddington just upped the ante. He attacked the Cardassian colony on Veloz Prime with a biogenic weapon.
>SISKO: What?
>WORF: He launched three stratospheric torpedoes at the planet and spread cobalt diselenide throughout the biosphere.
>DAX: A nerve agent that is harmless to most humanoids but it is deadly to Cardassians.
>WORF: The Cardassians are already evacuating. And Eddington has announced that the Maquis intend to reclaim the planet once they are gone.
Eddington wasn't "bluffing" because he ALREADY attacked a planet with biogenic weapons.

You should be ashamed of yourself for making such false claims. Watch the fucking episode.
>>
>>71694628
You should be ashamed of yourself for defending Spoonheads over human beings, cuck.
>>
File: Tabor.jpg (24 KB, 427x513) Image search: [Google]
Tabor.jpg
24 KB, 427x513
>>71691541
>>71691541
I've always said that the Federation would be a hedonistic orgy day in and day out.

The amount sexual degeneracy and debauchery would make today's Internet seem like you were shuffling through a Sears catalogue in comparison.
>>
>>71694628
>Human life is the only life stated to be affected. No other life is mentioned.
Just because it was the only life stated does not account for any other life. He wanted to make his intentions clear to the inhabitants who were human. The story doesn't dictate that no other life would be affected. In fact, my original premise, strictly speaking, has not been contested but neither has it been proven but the script. Humans are the only affected party for 50 years. For other lifeforms? Possibly forever and that's not being pedantic either, it's simply using the script as it should be in these types of arguments.
>Nobody died and the humans found a new home.
That was not in contention and irrelevant to my argument. Your original statements involved "squatters" so neither is it a part of yours. In this, we are in agreement.
>Not only is the planet fine
No, you can not for certain say "the planet is fine" because of what I mentioned above. The facts are what they give us in the script and what we know about events prior to it (that is to say prior episodes).
>>71694628
>Eddington wasn't "bluffing" because he ALREADY attacked a planet with biogenic weapons.
>
>You should be ashamed of yourself for making such false claims. Watch the fucking episode.
You know what pisses me off about this is that you are right. He did attack the planet with biogenic weapons but, for whatever reason, I seemed to have mistaken the fact that he didn't kill any Cardassians with him not attacking at all and that it was subspace trick. That actually happened in "Blaze of Glory".

I didn't make a false claim, I was under the wrong set of facts, probably because it's been a couple of years since I've even watched DS9.

I'll give you THAT SINGULAR FACT.

Eddington DID attack the colony with a biogenic weapon.

Now that my pride is wounded, I ask you to now defend Sisko's decision, which I'll expound upon in my next post...
>>
>>71694628
I don't think you want to start a tit for tat who started it game with the Cardassians and Maquis because you have automatically lost that one.

The Maquis did nothing wrong.
>>
>>71695163
Established Federation guidelines in prior cases would at least have him courtmartialed.

Admiral Pressman was facing a court martial and he was simply retrieving Federation technology that, if had fallen in the wrong hands could've cost BILLIONS of lives.

Imagine, the Phase-Shifted Cloak in the hands of the Romulans.. or the KLINGONS?

They could send an entire fleet to Earth without being noticed.

On the other hand, Sisko faces NOTHING. No charge, not even a slap on the wrist or a demotion.

Why wasn't Sisko taken to trial for his crime?

He potentially destroyed multiple species, potentially sentient species, and it's just perfectly fine because Eddington did the same thing and no Cardies died.

That was a part of my original argument, and your 50 years quote is lacking in specifics as I stated in my last post.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 528x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 528x544
"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."
>>
>>71673085

This episode is worse than threshold.
>>
>>71695163
Is there a possibility that the toxin affects other life? Yes. How much other life? We know with 100% certainty that Sisko's toxin doesn't affect 100% of life, because the Cardassians go live on that planet. The Cardassians live there, so you should assume that the animals which the Cardassians eat live there, you should assume that the plants eaten by those animals live there, and you should assume there is a whole ecosystem still there. Don't tell me that they replicate everything, because preferring replicated goods to authentic goods is only established as a trait of human culture.

We therefore have evidence that the planet is fine.

Do we have evidence that the planet is not fine? No, there is nothing in the script stating additional effects of the toxin. The episode provides you with zero evidence that the toxin is harmful to anything other than humans. When you choose to believe that it is harmful across species, you are only displaying your own wishful thinking. It's your imagination, not canon.
>>
>>71695549
>The Cardassians live there, so you should assume that the animals which the Cardassians eat live there, you should assume that the plants eaten by those animals live there, and you should assume there is a whole ecosystem still there.

But that is a FALSE ASSUMPTION based on a BASIC LACK OF EVIDENCE.

In fact, since you are in the business of inferring and implying instead of using what we know I'll use your logic against you.

That was not Cardassia Prime. That means they likely DID NOT EVOLVE THERE. That means that the life there is not the same type of life on Cardassia Prime. It's just a planet they are capable of living on. We have no other facts regarding the Cardassians and that planet other than they can live there.

We therefore DON'T have evidence that the planet is fine because we know that Cardassians didn't evolve on the planet and therefore shares no traits with the Cardassians.

See how deductive logic can be fallacious?

>Do we have evidence that the planet is not fine? No, there is nothing in the script stating additional effects of the toxin. The episode provides you with zero evidence that the toxin is harmful to anything other than humans. When you choose to believe that it is harmful across species, you are only displaying your own wishful thinking. It's your imagination, not canon.

It's like you don't read your own posts.

You've CHOSEN TO BELIEVE that Cardassians didn't evolve on Cardassia Prime but this random planet that's been colonized. You've inferred that because Cardassians can live there that and that the weapons are not harmful to Cardassians that the other life will be just fine.

It's a specious argument that's as selective, if not moreso, than you say I am in my determination of unspecified facts regarding the planet.

My entire point is that you can't say for certain nor imply it. And by your reasoning, using evolutionary biology, it's bunk.

Therefore, the planet being okay is also your imagination, and not canon.
>>
>>71695676
Also, YET AGAIN, you've passed right over part of my original argument.

WHY WASN'T SISKO CHARGED WITH ANY CRIMES?
WHY DID THE FEDERATION LET HIM GET AWAY WITH IT WHEN THEY COURTMARTIALED PEOPLE FOR FAR LESS?
>>
>>71695676
>Cardassians didn't evolve on the planet
>the toxin affects them differently than how it affects the planet's other life
>humans didn't evolve on the planet
>the toxin affects them identically to how it affects the planet's other life
Are you high or drunk or something?
>>
>>71695774
>Cardassians didn't evolve on the planet
>the toxin affects them differently than how it affects the planet's other life

You argued that because the weapons didn't affect Cardassians that the rest of the life inhabiting that planet would somehow be okay. How do we not know trilithium resin isn't poisonous to other lifeforms there? You made the argument as though the fact that Cardies could live there would negate trilithium's affect on other lifeforms. I paraphrase quote my previous post, go read some wiki pages on evolutionary biology, and also might want to get off of rationalwiki.

>humans didn't evolve on the planet
>the toxin affects them identically to how it affects the planet's other life
You keep implying shit like I want force you to pay up each time.
I admitted to having the WRONG FACTS about the episode in terms of Eddington's firing of the Trilithium weapon.
Now it's your turn to admit that you were in the wrong.
"Human life is the only life stated to be affected. No other life is mentioned."
You are willing to believe that because no other theoretical organisms were mentioned that there would not be repercussions?
"Just because it was the only life stated does not account for any other life. He wanted to make his intentions clear to the inhabitants who were human. The story doesn't dictate that no other life would be affected. In fact, my original premise, strictly speaking, has not been contested but neither has it been proven but the script. Humans are the only affected party for 50 years. For other lifeforms? Possibly forever and that's not being pedantic either, it's simply using the script as it should be in these types of arguments."

Read it AGAIN. The Cardies being able to live there is irrelevant in determining whether other life is affected by Trilithium. You don't just assume that because the Cardies live there all else is fine. That's not their home.

Also, you selectively chose not to address Sisko's lack of criminal charges.
>>
>>71695943
I don't know whether or not trilithium resin is poisonous to other lifeforms. You don't know that either. We can only make assumptions based on the evidence.

The evidence that it's poisonous only to humans:
1, it's only stated to be poisonous to humans.
2, it's shown to be non-poisonous to a non-zero group of non-humans.
3, Sisko isn't court-martialed, so his actions are indicated to be less severe than what you imagined.

The evidence that it's poisonous to non-humans:
None.

From the evidence at hand, I don't see how you can claim that anything died or that the planet is no longer M-class, other than you really *wishing* it was true so that you'll have something to complain about.

>Also, you selectively chose not to address Sisko's lack of criminal charges.
I don't care about that. I just called you out because I saw you making false statements, like claiming that Sisko killed anything or that Eddington was bluffing. I don't want that argument because I don't live my life in the pursuit of arguments.

I'm not you.
>>
File: uhura.jpg (149 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
uhura.jpg
149 KB, 500x500
Uhura doesn't get enough love as a fine as fuck Trek Girl.
>>
>>71694096
>He never gets punished; no trial or demotion whatsoever.

the fact that the entire next episode -wasn't- dedicated to a fucking court martial pissed me off to no end. even if he comes out not guilty due to some protagonist shenanigans, fine, but I really expected an entire episode of courtroom drama since he committed a heinous war crime.
>>
File: ezri cute.gif (1 MB, 535x401) Image search: [Google]
ezri cute.gif
1 MB, 535x401
>>71696151
this is true, she's pretty high tier.
>>
>>71696125
>The evidence that it's poisonous only to humans:
>1, it's only stated to be poisonous to humans.
Agreed.
>2, it's shown to be non-poisonous to a non-zero group of non-humans.
False. It's STATED to be NON-POISONOUS to CARDASSIANS. From here, all assumptive speculation. There is a lack of evidence from which you've made an assumption. You seem to be in conflict with your own set of rules.
>3, Sisko isn't court-martialed, so his actions are indicated to be less severe than what you imagined.
I didn't imagine anything. If there's anything we've proven is that we both can't say one way or another how bad the planet's life has been damaged do to Sisko's actions. You also assume that without a court-martial "actions are indicated to be less severe." On who's accord? We are left with evidence that an entire planet's ecosystem MAY have been affected.. or not. So claiming the factual high ground is false. Your assumptions aren't worth anything.
>The evidence that it's poisonous to non-humans.
>None.
FALSE AGAIN. Selectively omitting that we have no evidence that is isn't and therefore sumamrizing it so simplistically only enhances your argument through omission of a lack of facts that we both share.
>From the evidence at hand, I don't see how you can claim that anything died or that the planet is no longer M-class, other than you really *wishing* it was true so that you'll have something to complain about.
But you're in for some damage control because you made assumptions that life on the planet is just fine under the assumption that Cardassians could live there so somehow, magically, that means wildlife, flora, and fauna are within the same genetic tree when the Cardassians evolved on a different world. Using that same logic, since Trilithium resin can kill humans, it may have killed ALL LIFE other than Cardassians.
This is where my point rests in pretending that the planet is okay even though we have no evidence the life there wouldn't be affected by trilithium.
>>
>>71696151
Uhura is best girl.
>>
This thread:

Spergs arguing emphatically over the Sisko episode with specific lines in episodes and carefully crafted arguments.

or

Uhura best
SHE DEFFO IS HIGH TIER
Agree :)

Welcome to Star Trek, your seat is right over here.
>>
>>71696313
>>2, it's shown to be non-poisonous to a non-zero group of non-humans.
>False.
Is English not your first language?

Cardassians are a non-zero group of non-humans.

>>The evidence that it's poisonous to non-humans.
>>None.
>FALSE AGAIN.
Well you haven't produced any evidence, so...
>>
>>71696387
>>>71696313(You)
>>>2(Dead)Post not found.
Chided about the nuances of English while he improperly links posts.

No, it's shown to be non-poisonous to ONE group of non-humans. That is much more salient than saying "non-zero" because there is quite a difference in this respect from 1 to many.

You claim I speak something other than English when I just posted an entire paragraph that even an Eastern European such as yourself would be able to understand.

I didn't PRODUCE any evidence, I rebutted the argument that the evidence is lacking in both of our camps so saying that no evidence exists that it's poisonous to non-humans is without evidence as is the argument that it it's not poisonous to NON CARDASSIANS.

We only know that Cardassians are the non-afflicted group here.

You made a deductive reasoning earlier in the argument that Cardassians being able to live on the planet meant the local wildlife would likely not be affected.

Then, using that same illogical statement but using it with humans, why wouldn't we agree the local wildlife and fauna WOULD likely be affected? They are, after all, capable of being poisoned by Trilithium resin (Humans) so, using your logic, why wouldn't the local wildlife?

I said I lacked the evidence, but since we both don't know it doesn't preclude a mass extinction level event precipitated by the Sisko himself.

In fact, you have two scenarios now that we agree with both lack sufficient evidence to regard whether the life on the planet was or was not affected:

Sisko poisons the planet; Cardies are fine and somehow, almost miraculously, all life on the planet goes unaffected.
OR
Sisko poisons the planet; Cardies are fine BUT anywhere from a single species family to the entire planetary ecosystem is either damaged or destroyed.

Given the second scenario, it's safe to say that Sisko was in the wrong and that, even though we don't know, he may have killed everything else on that entire planet. For that he should be punished.
>>
>>71696608
>No
What do you mean, "no"? What do you mean "false"?

One is a non-zero number. If you claim that non-zero is "false" then you are wrong. If you claim that you are right to claim "false" then you have no shame and you will claim fucking anything.

I liked you better before when you were willing to admit your mistakes.

>he may have killed everything else on that entire planet
Yes, he may have. But we did see evidence against it, and we never saw any evidence for it. Keep on claiming otherwise though.
>>
>>71696785
>Yes, he may have. But we did see evidence against it, and we never saw any evidence for it. Keep on claiming otherwise though.

That's my entire fucking point is that you have essentially an event where his "weapon" is a weapon to only-Humans, miraculously. That was your argument. And while it's the facts, you also made assumptions about the Cardassians being able to live there as being good enough to assume that other forms of life would be A-O-KAY once this weapon dispersed.

My point is that, using your logic. We have an event where essentially no humans are hurt because all the humans left and somehow no life is affected or we have an event where no Cardies or Humans are hurt but some or many life forms or hurt.

You can't just pretend like both scenarios are of equal weight because we lack the evidence!

You've made false assumptions about the life not being able to be impacted by the weapon on the tenuousness of Cardies can live on the planet even though Humans can too.

Fine, I made assumptions that Sisko likely killed many species or an entire planet (both quite viably possible even without evidence).

So, we've reached a stand off where both of our original assumptions are negated by a lack of factual evidence.

Where I stand my ground here is in my original argument (which I guess you sidestepped because you probably agree with me but agreeing with me would somehow detract from the perceived position of yours in the argument).. which is that Sisko should've been reprimanded REGARDLESS of the fact that we don't know what happened.

His character receives not the slightest reprimand even though, of the two events, the possibility of the other (a planetary extinction level event) is far more catastrophic than humans not being able to live there for 50 years.

Assuming ANYTHING after those facts is pointless now that we've crystallized each others arguments.
>>
>>71696935
The difference between our sides is that, while we both lack concrete evidence, I have circumstantial evidence and you don't have any (no matter how much you claim that my evidence is "false" because-- even though you agree that it's true-- you don't like the wording).

You want Sisko to be reprimanded and he wasn't. Evidently, Starfleet decided that what he did wasn't worthy of a reprimand. If I had to ~guess~ a reason why Starfleet didn't give him a reprimand, it would have to be because the toxin didn't affect anything other than humans.
>>
>>71697074
>I have circumstantial evidenc
Circumstantial evidence? You mean evidence that somehow Cardies living on the planet means the life there will be fine but even though Humans can't, the same applies? That's not circumstantial, more like circumspection.

>>71697074
>You want Sisko to be reprimanded and he wasn't. Evidently, Starfleet decided that what he did wasn't worthy of a reprimand. If I had to ~guess~ a reason why Starfleet didn't give him a reprimand, it would have to be because the toxin didn't affect anything other than humans.

Have you ever even watched Star Trek? Seen episodes where previous events are never discussed? You are using MORE fallacious logic in assuming that because we never see anything after the conclusion of the episode we are to ASSUME (WITH A LACK OF EVIDENCE :) ) that Starfleet found out the planet was fine and everything was okay.

Need I remind you we are arguing a show that was written by a large cadre of writers who had to rewrite scripts multiple times due to incongruous information regarding the universe's previously established facts?

You are a funny guy, you in your first sentence say, I can make assumptions, therefore claim the high ground even though we both share the same lack of evidence.

But in THE VERY NEXT SENTENCE you contradict yourself by making an ASSUMPTION (you are a pro at this at this point) that because nothing happened post-event in-universe, on-screen that we are to assume Starfleet found the planet to be fine and dandy.

I admitted to having my facts wrong. What you haven't admitted to is having cogntive biases unchecked and fallacious logic as your source for assumptive reasoning on a lack of evidence.

>I'll wait for you to flesh out some hokey "circumstantial evidence" which I already destroyed by using the same analogy you did about humans - the selective choice that Cardies live on planet = life there okay even though Humans also lived on the same planet.
>>
>>71697191
You don't invalidate evidence by claiming that one isn't non-zero. You only embarrass yourself.

Just ask yourself though, what's more likely?
>Sisko caused untold deaths, and Starfleet did nothing.
or
>Starfleet did nothing because Sisko caused zero deaths.

You can make up whatever out-of-universe explanation you want, but in-universe, we both know that the latter is much more likely.
>>
File: 1454671414792.png (415 KB, 800x1498) Image search: [Google]
1454671414792.png
415 KB, 800x1498
>>71697284

You, like a dishonest debator, use tactics that omit evidence that doesn't support your argument, but when brought up by your opponent, outright omit or ignore them until you have some seemingly important point to make on it.

>>Sisko caused untold deaths, and Starfleet did nothing.
NO! Sisko COULD HAVE caused untold deaths or may not. Starfleet should do something because he MAY HAVE but also because he FIRED ON THE PLANET.

>Starfleet did nothing because Sisko caused zero deaths.

We don't know WHAT evidence Starfleet has. You are assuming Starfleet has some evidence and that THE WRITERS are somehow aware of this and going to point it out immediately and detail and extrapolate potentialities from it ad next episodeum.

I point this out to you because you act as though it's not important. We aren't discussing history. We are discussing the depiction of fiction and the omission of evidence in an argument regarding a weighted scenario of probabilities!

You pretend like out of universe is in vacuum from what's in universe. It's ebb and flow, there is no universe at all without the writers.

The fact that he even fired the weapon, the entire bridge crew stops for a while and finally carry out his orders proves that they know Starfleet would do something REGARDLESS OF A ZERO DEATH TOLL.

You are on a roll of assumptions and selective logic "the likes the galaxy has never seen!"

And "we both know" that I'm right about the above as well since I already used the evidence of Pressman where it was CONFIRMED no lives were killed before the episode concluded.

>editor's note: attached image will help you seem much more consistent in your attacks for the future when you decide to go balls deep in an argument about a fictional universe
>>
>>71697418
Accuse me all you want, but I never claimed that 1=0. That was you. The only person with a fundamental disconnect from reality is you.

>proves that they know Starfleet would do something REGARDLESS OF A ZERO DEATH TOLL.
See, there you go, your connection with reality is broken. You could argue that it's evidence, but proof? Proof? You're really honestly seriously claiming proof? It's _evidence_ (here's that word again) that they think he's crossing a line, but that line is indicated to only be that he's displacing humans (as Sisko only mentions the toxin's effects on humans, and Eddington only complains about the displacement of humans).

>And "we both know" that I'm right about the above as well since I already used the evidence of Pressman where it was CONFIRMED no lives were killed before the episode concluded.
Only 9 people survived the Pegasus. Pressman is responsible for many deaths.

Stop discussing episodes that you don't remember.

In-universe, Sisko wasn't reprimanded and his continued unblemished career is canon, no matter how much you don't want it to be.
>>
File: SloanInQuarters.jpg (40 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
SloanInQuarters.jpg
40 KB, 768x576
>autist is actually trying to defend Sisko's insanity in that episode
>>
File: B._L._Sisko.jpg (90 KB, 417x406) Image search: [Google]
B._L._Sisko.jpg
90 KB, 417x406
>>71698842
Im not gonna read that entire wall of spergtext but I will say the use of a nuke type weapon in that situation was indefensible for a Starfleet officer
>>
File: nichelle-nichols.jpg (38 KB, 607x429) Image search: [Google]
nichelle-nichols.jpg
38 KB, 607x429
>>71696380
Uhura is sex though.
>>
>>71693627
>The humans were there illegally
No they weren't, it was explicitly a Federation world within the Cardassian side of the DMZ, Sisko did it as revenge for the Maquis doing the same thing to a Cardassian planet on the Federation side of the DMZ
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.