[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was better than the first one 2bh.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: London-Has-Fallen.jpg (94 KB, 434x606) Image search: [Google]
London-Has-Fallen.jpg
94 KB, 434x606
This was better than the first one 2bh.
>>
>read some reviews on RT before watching it
>almost every rotten review has complaints about it being "racist", "jingoistic", "Trump - the movie"

Why do people nowadays turn action movies into political statements?
>>
>>71670396

>hard shit tastes better than liquid shit.
>>
>>71670606

Because god forbid you portray muslims in a negative light, despite them commiting the majority of terrorist attacks nowadays. The only villains you can have without SJWs throwing a bitchfit is white supremacists or white rich businessmen.
>>
>>71670606
>>71670929
Am I the only one who liked this movie mostly BECAUSE it showcased mudslimes acting like mudslimes and getting swatted the fuck down like the subhumans they are
>>
I tried watching it. But I couldn't take it seriously once Dr. Pavel showed up as the bad guy.
>>
>>71671726

Was blowing up a wedding part of your plan?
>>
>>71670972
Nope. I think we were the implicit target demographics along with other people fed up with the excess of peace these fine gentlemen of peace bring.
>>
File: 096.jpg (16 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
096.jpg
16 KB, 600x600
>>71670396
>watch this with dad
>tell him i hated the movie
>'i thought it was great. they don't make them like this anymore'
>my dad is a jingoistic racist pig
>>
Imagine if 24 had an unlikable protagonist, worse production, shit writing and an even more preposterous story, you get this movie.
>>
>>71673238
>Gerard Butler in London Has Fallen
>unlikable protagonist

Choose one (1), you subhuman mudslime filth
>>
i hope they make a third movie
>>
>>71673433
jerusalem has fallen
>>
>>71673473
Oh fuck I'd pay big bucks to see that.
>>
>>71670396
Agreed

Does this film have its problems? Sure, of course. How did an underground terrorist sect manage to replace at least 50% of all cops with loyal terrorists?
Could this have been solved by noticing that only police in England carry guns in special occasions, as opposed to every cop having an assault rifle? Are we expected to believe that Londoners wouldn't riot the second cops started opening fire on civilians? Even further, are we expected to believe that one of the largest cities on the planet could ave its streets desserted in just a few hours if even? And many more
However, these are allowances we make. Just like one might accuse the purge of being completely illogical and impractical, if you're complaining about the practicality of the story then you're missing the point of the film
In this case, we get a high budget explosion-filled violent blockbuster that's every bit as ridiculous as it sounds yet still takes itself seriously

And production-wise everything's on point. There's no laughably-bad acting, confusing cinematography that messes with understanding what's going on, obvious inconsistencies or unrealistic set design. It does its job perfectly.
>>
File: images[1].jpg (84 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
84 KB, 720x1080
>>71673473
>jerusalem has fallen
>>
>GO BACK TO FUCKHEADISTAN
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71673929
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4-kJAsy_0s
skip to 20s
>>
Does it have ridiculously patriotic moments like that woman reciting the Pledge of Allegiance?
>>
>>71674101
there's a bit where the president is on live tv with a gun to his head and tells the terrorists to go fuck themselves
does that count?
>>
>>71670396
I want more movies like this
>>
>>71674101
at the start a drone strike kills a bunch of arabs at a wedding and then the scene fades to the american flag
>>
File: 1453476824139.jpg (13 KB, 229x208) Image search: [Google]
1453476824139.jpg
13 KB, 229x208
>>71672097
>"Get back to fuckheadistan"
>dad laughs
>>
>>71674347
I laughed.
>>
Why would they call the first one OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN and not USA has fallen or someshit but call this one London has fallen???!
Like what?
No one ever realized this was supposedly a sequal.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 213x353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 213x353
>>71674347
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71674792
olympus is the codename for the white house
there is no american secret service codename for the city of london

everyone who saw the first and isn't retarded realised it was a sequel
the only person confused was you
>>
File: pavel.jpg (45 KB, 610x867) Image search: [Google]
pavel.jpg
45 KB, 610x867
>>71671726

When I first saw the trailer I was like oh shit Dr. Pavel is a terrorist.

not just that but Harvey Dent is the president and his VP is Lucius Fox.
>>
will it matter that I haven't seen the first one if I watch this?
>>
it had cgi of 2000 videogame cut scene
>>
>>71677034
not at all
but for your sake, I'd say watch the first one first anyway
cause you can't watch the first one afterwards
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.