[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /tv/, should I watch this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: tom-at-the-farm-poster.jpg (122 KB, 610x875) Image search: [Google]
tom-at-the-farm-poster.jpg
122 KB, 610x875
hey /tv/, should I watch this?
>>
Yes, if you want to
>>
>>71669511
It's just classic creepy dude wants woman and kidnaps her and tries to brainwash her into what he wants horror kino except replace girl with fag and voila. Honestly I thought L'Ordeal did that plot better. This one drags on and on.
>>
if you're into poz loads
>>
>>71669634
Thanks. Maybe I will! Great advice!
>>
>>71669668
I was afraid of that. I really dont get why xavier is so hyped.
>>
I haven't watched this one.

I don't know... Watch the trailer over and over and caouldn't get in the mood for it.

Can't wait for "Juste La Fin Du Monde"...
>>
>>71669795
watched*
>>
>>71669778
>I really dont get why xavier is so hyped

Do you realised he is not praised for this film at all?

He actually acknowledged in Cannes how some of his films weren't that liked (including this one), and how people usually like "Les Amours Imaginaires" and "J'ai Tué Ma Mère", both wich are quite genuines and still hold some refreshing qualities....
>>
>>71669778
Honestly when I watched Tom on the Farm I took it that Xavier had some parable about "straight" men who refuse to come out of the closet and how fucked up that is. But Xavier shouldn't touch psychodrama horror again. Also while I thought I Hate My Mother was pretty good it had a lot less gay content therefore probably universally accepted by audiences than his other films...
>>
>>71669668
>Honestly I thought L'Ordeal did that plot better.
what is L'Ordeal and why I can't find a movie of that name on google
>>
>>71670517
Whoops, Calvaire, The Ordeal, Belgium, 2004, by Fabrice Du Welz. Watch it if you can, but it's pretty fucked up but not Martyrs or Serbian Film levels though.
>>
>>71670172
>Xavier had some parable about "straight" men who refuse to come out of the closet and how fucked up that is

This is actually based on a play where Tom ends up having sex with the brother anyway. There's a movie based on another play of the same author, Lilies, I think.
>>
If you want to see a film by one of the greatest visual artists of the 21st century.
>>
>>71670789
Alright thanks, and no worries my man I have never so far in my life seen a movie that would shock me in any way, different thing with the real shit found on the internet though. Serbian film was boring, I might've been shocked if I saw it when I was 8 or something
>>
It's the only film of his I have seen and I really didn't enjoy it. The visual style is alright but the writing is incredibly sophomoric. The characters become increasingly implausible in order for him to make the points he wants to make, this happens in such a way that is instantly disengaging and makes it nearly impossible for any of the emotional moments to be effective.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.