[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this to me, Snyder fags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 600x316
That scene where Clark hears Alfred through Bruce's ear piece? Yeah, what an exciting way to set up Clark investigating on Bruce. When I saw this for the first time in the cinema I became excited and it added some tension to the scene. But instead were cock blocked because superman has to go save a girl unrelated to the plot. Potential is there, and it's wasted. What a pointless scene that cock teases you but doesn't go anywhere. And that's basically the entire movie. The bullet in Africa? Completely thrown out the window in the last half of the movie when the entire first half was "setting it up". No pay offs to anything. The bat mobile scene? Completely worthless because he doesn't even get the kyrponite and literally 3 minutes later it cuts to Lexcorp and Batman stole the green rock off camera. Just garbage, A big cock tease that is waving its potential right in your face but then takes it away and gives you nothing.

UE doesn't fix any of this. The movie is shits and it's quite baffling to me how you screw up a Batman and Superman movie this severely.
>>
>Autist level complaints
>Doesn't get what the plot threads are actually setting up
>Doesn't understand the plot period
>Doesn't understand how character behavior

Oh hey, it's another mcuck doesnt know how to watch movies thread
>>
File: image.png (891 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
891 KB, 1536x2048
>>71667433
It's a dc cuck side steps the complaints and immediately responds with "autist" episode.
>>
>>71667433

No one will ever take you seriously if the first thing out your mouth is going to be MARVEL GET OUT REEEEEEEE

you and the OP are spectacular morons.
>>
>2 replies

Just like I thought. When faced with this illogical garbage movie and it's plot holes the kiddies run and hide.
>>
>>71667361
>When I saw this for the first time in the cinema I became excited and it added some tension to the scene. But instead were cock blocked because superman has to go save a girl unrelated to the plot
this shows the difference between the two characters you autistic retard.

batman spends the whole film beating the shit out of people and obsessively trying to bring down superman, while superman drops his surveillance of batman to go actually save someone.

try paying attention next time.
>>
>>71668086
Because this is nothing but bait. If Superman didn't save the girl, and instead continued the investigation, you'd be sitting here saying "why didnt Superman save that girl on the news? He cares more about Bruce Wayne what a cuck XD. Some Superman this is. Typical Zack the hack right boys?"

The theme of the movie is that in today's world Superman can't win. People think he should or shouldn't do something based on their own opinions rather than letting him make his own decisions. The movie is critiquing (you) and you dont even realize it.

Stay cucked
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 360x360
>>71668226
>b-b-but

Lmao. You DC cucks have stooped so low that you'll pull anything out of your ass to justify this garbage joint.
>>
>>71668226
it's done extremely poorly
>>
DC cucks are finished
>>
File: image.gif (26 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
26 KB, 480x270
>>71668255
That scene of the little girl shouldn't even have been in the movie.

Less pointless shit that doesn't go anywhere and more dynamic between Bats and Supes. But at this point, Snyder could literally shit directly into your mouth and you'd try and convince us all its chocolate.
>>
Well "i shill for reddit sensibilities" post in this thread too?
>>
File: 14634266236899.jpg (1 MB, 1671x3879) Image search: [Google]
14634266236899.jpg
1 MB, 1671x3879
>>71668255
Spot on.

Pic related relevant.
>>
>>71668255
>>71668351
too bad that theme isn't explored at all and is thrown aside for doomsday's shitty fight

just like everything else that's interesting about this movie.
>>
>>71668396
Doomsday fight is metacriticism.

Doomsday was originally everything wrong with comics (The original intent of him was to capture this)

So having the fight is metacriticism of superhero films forcing it and breaking any alternative narrative (though the narrative here is the Doomsday narrative)
>>
>>71668351
>BvS is a sociological study on cynical fanboyism.

Pure capekino
>>
>>71668309
>That scene of the little girl shouldn't even have been in the movie.

>Less pointless shit that doesn't go anywhere and more dynamic between Bats and Supes. But at this point, Snyder could literally shit directly into your mouth and you'd try and convince us all its chocolate.

Holy shit mate. Go back. You seriously dont get that the movie is about Supreman, his role in the world, how others view him, and how he has to reconcile how everyone views him while at the same time not falling to the cynicism that is surrounding him.
>>
>>71667361
Fucking kino
>>
>>71668396
>too bad that theme isn't explored at all and is thrown aside for doomsday's shitty fight
>the theme of Superman not able to win either way is not paid off by him literally dying

Yea, see. This is why people call you an idiot.
>>
File: yhEyJBd.jpg (99 KB, 1703x801) Image search: [Google]
yhEyJBd.jpg
99 KB, 1703x801
>>71668309
Except the Day of the Dead scene was a direct reference to Man of Steel nightmare scene which reflected Superman's fears (and in the film, he is overcoming them)

These two films aren't particularly deep nor do they cover their multiple narratives exquisitely, but you people saying this film was bad, or bad film making or willfully ignorant
>>
>>71668429
ironically doing something is just doing it. there's no difference.

>>71668470
that was forced and stupid as all hell.

they didn't emotionally earn his death at all.
>>
File: 1467426750225.png (151 KB, 747x824) Image search: [Google]
1467426750225.png
151 KB, 747x824
who cares? its pleb trash
>>
File: myworld.webm (3 MB, 1000x414) Image search: [Google]
myworld.webm
3 MB, 1000x414
>>71668520
>they didn't emotionally earn his death at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdc6QjBNOOU

no u
>>
>>71668520
Nice backpedaling. First you say they don't explore the theme, which I have debunked.

Now it's "they didn't earn it". Well, that's subjective brother.

Thematically it was an appropriate conclusion.
>>
>>71668603
It's not explored at all.
>>
>>71668429

Let's say I agree. Why? Why include that metacritiic Doomsday if you don't also give the big "FU we killed Superman now watch all the JL cry."
>>
File: image.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
image.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>71668454
>>71668454
>>71668454
>>
>>71668625
>Supes loses against Lex
>Supes loses against Bats
>Supes loses his life against Doomsday

What are you even talking about?
>>
>>71667361
>pointless scene that cock teases you
That's the point you actual retard and it's not one utilised exclusively in bvs,
>The bullet in Africa?
The one that's used to tie Lex's involvement to the entire thing?
>The bat mobile scene?
The one where superman cockblocks batman and the one where we learn that Lex wants batman to steal the rock?

You're a fucking retard. I thought the "didn't understand the movie" was just a meme
>>
>>71668654
I legitimately like the film and that post was my attempt at shitpost. I like the Doomsday fight as is.

What I do figure out, is that the meaning of Superman dying was subverted from the original 'Death of Superman' comic. The comic was jaded, cynical, even petty way to show how the world needs Superman its greatest hero where as Zack Snyder has a more positive note on with monument scene and his death, and how his death united Bruce and Wayne to find more heroes (instead of crying over the one lost), how it shows Superman's loves towards Earth (and how he accepted to die for it, because it is his world) and the sympathy Earth has towards him (people gathering near his symbol)
>>
>>71667361
something about this film really causes some people to go full retard looking for things to criticize, but they end up looking stupid because all of their complaints are easily addressed if you actually pay attention to the fucking film.
>>
Extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.
>>
>>71668654
>>71668769
Forgot to add: the film is rather positive, optimistic film about Superman and metahumans because of how it ends which is a surprise since most Snyder films I've seen are all either grimdark (300) or just full blown cynical about stuff.
>>
>>71668830
The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.
>>
>>71668782
I've noticed the same.
>>
>>71668853
>Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual
Probably 95% of people who saw Man of Steel still misread this scene.
>>
>tfw Pa Kent will never tell you about drowning horses and how he enjoyed pie while hearing their terrified screams
Come to think of it, we are lucky Superman obviously never listens to his parents. His father tells him about killing horses and never ever use his power ever and his mom tells him that he doesn't have to do anything.
I especially enjoyed the scene where Superman says to Lois that his foster parents were the reason he does what he does. It really shows that he either has a very selective memory. Or he just never listened.
>>
>>71668429
>it's supposed to be shit
>>
>>71668917
This.

I can almost guarantee no one got the Jesus symbolism until faggots started to meme them. I asked my co-workers what they thought of the religious undertones in mos and they loomed at me like I was deranged. Normie faggots
>>
File: 14316643277322.jpg (476 KB, 1527x1367) Image search: [Google]
14316643277322.jpg
476 KB, 1527x1367
>>71668998
>>
>>71669115
Ironic shitposting is still ironic.
>>
Why are you such a pleb steakpleb?
>>
>>71669156
I don't know if some really dedicated troll did this or if there are people this autistic.
The scene did nothing except make a few people laugh in the cinema since it was so out of place. I think Snyder tried to be deep during the whole movie and that's why he thought "Hey, I should include a scene like that since it's totally deep and stuff to hear a dead man rambling about drowning horses". Needless to say he failed.
>>
>>71668917

No one got a reference that was literally in your face and just short of being spelled out? You're not allowed to not like something for being too on the nose?Fuck off.
>>
>>71668998

>Son, let me tell you about the time I drowned our neighbors' horses and my overall legacy of failure.

Snyder fanboys praise this
>>
>>71670368
Well please, open up that scene for me.

Let see if you got it legitimately right
>>
File: 1467743715719.jpg (128 KB, 1426x966) Image search: [Google]
1467743715719.jpg
128 KB, 1426x966
>>71667486
>>
I agree OP, the whole movie was a big set up to throw it all away because snyder cant solve conflicts in a intelligent way.
sadly though, we can't say good or bad about capeshit without it becoming a reddit war
>>
>>71670453

>I'll judge your intelligence based on how you interpreted a scene in muh favorite sooperman film

This is the faggot world we live in
>>
>>71671449
You couldn't show your interpretation of a fairly simple scene.

Fucking lol
>>
>>71671483

Indeed. You're a faggot. You cock sucking Snyder fanboys constantly giggle about people not getting a scene that's self explanatory and act like you're part of a special club where you only know the super secret answers to.

Man of Steel was also marketed to Christian pastors who were given a nine page sermon promoting the movie and correlating the film's material with the 'original superhero' himself. The painting depicts Jesus as the good shepherd which the pamphlet and the film showcase. He is despised by the very people he was sent to save.

So deep. It's not like anyone who wasn't a retard could figure out. True cuck Kino.
>>
>>71672167
[F]

You belong to the 95% that misreads the scene
>>
>>71672399

Go ahead, faggot. What's the real point of the scene
>>
>>71672489
It's simple.

Priest sees Clark as a human before Clark says he is Superman (or does he say, one they are looking for?). Then the Priest's view on him changes, he reduces him to a Christian symbol (he literally didn't pay attention to Clark+christian symbols prior to Clark's admission). The second he admits to it, he associates, and reduces Clark to the first Christ symbol he sees in the church.

Sure, Snyder is a so so director but everyone misreads that scene as Snyder meaning Superman is 'Christ'. Superman is Superman (see the Monument scene in BvS, see Atlas like Superman destroyed in BvS)
>>
>>71672614

I'm now certain your exact quote and reasoning is what every fan boy means exactly when they say a hater misunderstands the reasoning of the stained glass window and why it's framed in the scene the way it is.
>>
>>71667361
>what an exciting way to set up Clark investigating on Bruce
In the UE it literally does set that up
>The bullet in Africa
ends up going somewhere
>the batmobile scene
ends because Clark cucked him but with a motive this time

UE fixes all of what you just stated to be a problem for you
>>
>>71669316
>The scene did nothing except make a few people laugh in the cinema since it was so out of place. I think Snyder tried to be deep during the whole movie and that's why he thought "Hey, I should include a scene like that since it's totally deep and stuff to hear a dead man rambling about drowning horses". Needless to say he failed.
you are so retarded you can't understand the message Snyder has been slamming into your face for the last two films about the unintended consequences of intervention. Every speech Jonathan Kent gave to his son has been about that.

What is it about this film that causes people to reach so far to find ways to trash it that they end up looking retarded, incapable of understanding even the most basic messages?
>>
>>71672982
you clearly misread it.
>fanboy
i actually don't like zack snyder outside BvS UC
>>
>>71669316
wilful ignorance.
pretending to be retarded, i hope, for your future lfie.
>>
>>71673362

>>unintended consequences of intervention

It's still fucking stupid and not the point of the character at all. He could either sit on his hands and hide or do something about it. Either way bad shit is going to go down regardless.
>>
>>71673468

>being this obtuse
>>
>>71668506
Is actually bad, specially for the script. You guys may say it has a lot if symbolism or allegories but the dialog doesn't elaborate about it or anything at all. They just say two lines and then a punch line. There is zero substance in the dialog, and that's a big thing.
Also during all the doomsday fight everything looks too darkened and i cant see shit at all just explosions and noises and is so tedious.
>>
>>71675071
>but the dialog doesn't elaborate about it or anything at all
Because it is visually told to you..

Jesus christ please be kidsdings.
>>
>>71675071
the dialogue isn't meant to present some sort of argument for some sort of idea that also serves the function of illustrating a certain character's perspective

the movie in this way puts out questions, and the exploration of these questions in is the events and the character's reactions to the events, sometimes to the point that what's happening on screen is literal metaphors or otherwise ties back to some dialogue
ie "god didn't save me from fist and abominations" superman saves lex from doomsday's fist

doomsday beats superman with the name of the dead then breaks superman's statue with superman's body
>>
>>71667361
why are plebs always complaining about scripts?

film is a mainly visual media, if you can only understand the script part, you might as well watch a soap opera or read some fanfiction.
>>
>>71667486
is there a reason why phone fags like to take a screenshot of the pictures instead of saving it?
>>
>>71675071
>You guys may say it has a lot if symbolism or allegories but the dialog doesn't elaborate about it or anything at all.

the whole point of that symbolism is giving you information and context, for fucks sake just pay attention, the idea that all must be done with dialogue is retarded
>>
>>71675738
The dialog is meant to complement the images in some way. The characters are not just characters they are signing for an archetype, and what they say and do should have a discursive sense. And is not just for the metaphores i mean that there is no elaboration, i mean everything. The 《you don't owe this world》 feels like there should be a lot more of dialog before leading up to it. Is just annoying how the characters can't fucking talk for more than three lines. Is Goyer writing comic book dialog, but they don't realize comic books are utter shit.
>>
>>71676334
>The idea that all must be done with dialogue is retarded
What do you expect out of people that have grown under Marvel's films. Civil War and TWS were huge exposition festivals, nothing but dialogue based storytelling..

then DC decides to risk it with auteur (yes, Snyder is auteur) and all hell breaks loose when plebs go ??? at everything that is told visually.

not defending anyone

just sad
>>
>>71676441
signifying* srry
>>
>>71668577
why didnt Wonder Woman super throw the spear? she seems very skillful in combat it should not be that hard for her specially is Supes keeps Doomsday busy

Avengers would have killed DD in seconds, fucking Hawkeye would have shoot him a kryptonite arrow
>>
>>71677219
Spear wasn't with Wonder Woman, it was with Clark.

Clark nor Bruce know nothing about Diana except the little they see in the Doomsday fight (wrt. to her powers)

Diana at the time, when Clark had the spear, was controlling Doomsday with her rope so that Clark could take that shot.

Control was needed because Doomsday is shown to jump around and move a lot.

And it's fucking Superman, he ain't gonna pass the Spear to some other person in middle of a horrible fight and tell the other person to go and kill him lol
>>
>>71677275
another reason why I hate this movie the heroes are retarded and cant think beyond using their fist
>>
>>71677342
>I hate this movie the heroes are retarded
Yeah Clark, Bruce and Diana should've sit down for a cup of tea, sandwhich and eggs or whatever the fuck is in British breakfast in the middle of a fight that includes a kryptonian beast that could wipe the city.

Sounds good.
While they're at it why not go search for Flash, teach him to travel time while USA gets floored by Doomsday and Luthor, and just hope he can reverse something with time travel.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.