[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, since vidyakino is dead because of Warcraft's tepid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 326x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 326x451
Well, since vidyakino is dead because of Warcraft's tepid reaction/box office, let's have a memorial to it by thinking about wasted potential opportunities.

6 movies.

One for the introduction to Clock Town and the first 3 days, culminating in the first trip back in time,

One movie each per temple, in the different settings.

One movie for the final battle inside the moon.

Logical steps with variety in setting and not too much confusion.

Obviously Link can't be mute, but make him speak very sparingly, unless he has a transformation mask on.

Get a proper director who understands how to produce epics like our saviour James Cameron to work on it (he won't produce it, too busy with Avatar,) and make it mostly live action, with CGI used sparingly.

Orchestral version of the soundtrack from the game, but some original music too.

$5bn+ franchise.

>inb4 /v/ is leaking
>>
Ocarina of Time trilogy

1st movie: Kid Link, from Kokiri Forest, beginning with introducing the Kokiris, then inside the Deku Tree, then introducing Hyrule overall, Gorons, Zoras, all the way to the point where he pulls the master sword and becomes an adult. End the movie showing how fucked up Hyrule has become after the 7 years, and Sheik explaining what Link must do to make things right again, leaving a massive cliffhanger.

2nd movie: Lost Woods, Death Mountain and Water (doesn't necessarily have to be temples, just an adventure)

3rd movie: Link goes to Gerudo desert both as an Adult as well as a kid, and finally the big climax against Ganondorf and Ganon.

Would easily break box office records if done properly like LotR
>>
File: 1466786723251.png (421 KB, 456x432) Image search: [Google]
1466786723251.png
421 KB, 456x432
no one cares about zelda nintendroid, stop b8
>>
MgsV phantom pain movie. Cinematography is incredible but the story is shit.
>>
>>71662179
>1 movie per temple
Do you realize how fucking boring that would be
>>
>>71663948
You could be the game in less time than that. I bet you think splitting the hobbit into 3 movies was a good idea. Get the fuck out of here
>>
>>71663973
>I bet you think splitting the hobbit into 3 movies was a good idea.
But that is literally the opposite of what he's suggesting. He's saying that splitting a movie too much is a bad thing
>>
>>71662179
jesus christ, you /v/eddit kiddies are so fucking clueless. For vidya fanbois you'd think you'd be happy just to play some video games, why the fuck do you need a good game to be a shit movie? 6 movies for Majora's Mask - utterly impossible. You'd have six story free films, totally without plot or character. You don't have a fucking clue about narrative or structure. You're a retard. Shut the fuck up. Zelda should either be a loose Ghibli adaptation keeping the characters and setting or a mini-series.
>>
>13 year olds still think Zelda will be a good movie
Christ
>>
File: 1467519309755.jpg (208 KB, 480x491) Image search: [Google]
1467519309755.jpg
208 KB, 480x491
I love th game: underatl

I love the part where Sans tells a Joke

what is your favorite Undertale Game sans Joke?
>>
Like most videogames Majora's Mask doesn't really have much more narrative substance than a short film.
>>
>>71663668

Ahahahahaha! Nah. LOTR is the progenitor of all fantasy, ever. Zelda is way too niche for anyone to give a shit.
>>
>>71663668
This. Thought about this too. OoT makes for a perfect thrilogy.
If it succeeds you could easily follow it up with Majoras Mask.
>>
>>71662179
FFX would make the best trilogy
>part 1
>star until the end of operation mi'hen, twist is that Sin is Tidus' dad
>part 2
>Djose until Calm Lands
>twist is that Yuna is going to die at Zanarkand
>part 3
>Gagazet to end
>twist is Tidus disappears
Normies would eat that shit up
>>
>>71664059
>>71664078
Why do people think something can't be worked upon to be make it into a good film? It's like watching Adam West's Batman and saying "nah, there's no way you could possibly pull out a serious Batman movie"
>>
The Zero Escape games would make great films.
>>
>>71662179
>since vidyakino is dead
But Angry Birds came out, you disgusting nintoddler. Fuck off back to /v/
>>
>>71662179
>6 movies
>1 game
terrible terrible idea. I hate this whole thing of turning stories into franchises. Sequels is one thing but this cutting up of content to sell in pieces is quite another. One of the main reasons I detest capeshit. Let's make it so films are satisfying to watch in and of themselves. Want more time? Make a TV series.
>>
>>71664079
>zelda
>niche
>>
>>71662179
jesus fucking Christ that would be boring as fuck
>>
>>71662179
That would be boring as shit. Make Hotel Dusk and The Last Window into movies. They're just the sequels to 'The Long Goodbye' which everyone with taste wanted but we never got.

Also the rest of you disappoint me. There are so many legitimate reasons why OPs idea is awful but so many of you still resort to low-tier memeing.
>>
ITT: Fuckwits that don't understand Majora's Mask.

Each area on the map has an amazing amount of side quests that can be woven into the story, and you can add backstory to the characters.

Just in the Deku temple alone you have the monkey side quest, purifying the swamp, the lost woods with the witches.

Make the side characters more important to the main goal of the temple and bam.
>>
>>71665245
I like majora's mask but I don't see how you think all of these good game quality would translate well into a kino
>>
If you are going to do fucking 6 movies, it might as well just be adapted into a TV show.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.