[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'I may have gone a little far in a few places'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
'I may have gone a little far in a few places'
>>
File: king-under-the-cg-mountain.png (2 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
king-under-the-cg-mountain.png
2 MB, 1920x800
It looks fine
>>
>>71662181
jesus thats anime tier cgi useage
>>
>>71662145
this is one of the reasons this movie is so shit. I had really high hopes because I grew up watching LOTR and loved it. The Hobbit made me sad
>>
>>71662145
Did he even want to make these movies?
>>
File: THIS-SUMMER.jpg (116 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
THIS-SUMMER.jpg
116 KB, 600x300
It's funny, but I do sincerely think that everything wrong, from a writing or direction point of view, about The Hobbit movies was already present in the LotR trilogy.

It's just that PJ's and his writing team's (wife and another lady I think?) signature crap somehow *worked* in Lord of the Rings since the tone and scope of the story is so much different, and the disjointed multiple climaxes, silly grandeur in characterization, and high-paced flow of setpieces felt more natural and appropriate.

Plus, the technical challenges were basically cleared with tailor-made technology and craftmanship resources developed almost in parallel to the production, so the overall result had a much more energetic, organic feel to it. Since by the time The Hobbit went into production they had the process completely streamlined and controlled already, they had plenty of time for meandering "detail" and excess, which definitely shows throughout.

All in all, I don't think the problems with The Hobbit are something so simple it can be solved by some douchebag heroically editing an "ultimate fan cut"
>>
>>71662240
He super didn't want to do it.

Jackson hated working on them and only did it out of some sense of obligation.

Some times he was shooting without a script for fucks sake the production was that messed up.

I don't blame him for the Hobbit.
>>
File: evangeline-lilly-wallpaper1.jpg (113 KB, 1650x1238) Image search: [Google]
evangeline-lilly-wallpaper1.jpg
113 KB, 1650x1238
>make a trilogy out a book with less pages than any single one of the 3 LOTR books

literally why, peter should have refused to do a trilogy and insisted on just one 3 hour long movie instead, would have worked much better

and as much as i love evie, she was just a pointless fucking addition
>>
>>71662181
What Gamecube game is that?
>>
>>71664103
>Jackson hated working on them and only did it out of some sense of obligation.

LOL

Do you honestly, sincerely, believe this? Naive as fuck, frankly.
>>
>>71662145
S
>>
>>71662966
The difference was LOTR was a passion project he spent years putting together and shopping from studio to studio. The hobbit was a cash grab from newline to keep the doors open. No one was anywhere close to as involved in the Hobbit. I also think jackson legitimately took it as a pay day after the studio famously screwed him over on the back end for lotr.
>>
/r/ webm of dwarf and orc have the most epic of fights fighting like angry stags in the wilf locking antlers
>>
>>71664816
Her dad was literally my middle school cooking teacher here in British Columbia. This is the closest thing to interacting with a celebrity that I've ever came too.
>>
>>71664889
The studio was going to have brett ratner direct if jackson turned them down.
>>
>>71664935

should have followed him home and kidnapped evie
>>
File: thehobbitwasamistake.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
thehobbitwasamistake.webm
2 MB, 854x480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4
>>
>>71664889

Peter Jackson only wanted to produce The Hobbit. Guillermo del Toro was supposed to direct it but had to leave mid production. That forced Peter back in the director's chair even though he honestly did not want to.

It didn't help that New Line Cinema also came out and said that instead of two movies they wanted to stretch it out to three mid-production as well. Pete was fucked in all kinds of ways and The Hobbit suffered because of it.

The first Hobbit was honestly pretty good. It's cozy and fun and has a genuine sense of adventure. If they just kept the first movie's quality in the second two it would have been a great trilogy.
>>
I'm not gonna lie : the first 40 min or so of BotFA were really good. I loved the moment they fought Smaug (it should have been the finale of the second movie instead) and every parts that build up the last battle were great. Like the plot was finally moving normally in a significant way. For a moment, I felt I was finally watching a Lord of the Rings movie.

Then the movie turned into a video game cinematic for another three hours.
>>
>>71662222
Nah. This is what anime 3DCG looks like when it's done well.
>>
Reminder that he saved us from an even worse fate, if he didn't take the project they would have found someone else who would have put no effort at all into it.
>>
>>71665115
This. The trilogy was disappointing but we can all be comforted ourselves with knowledge it could have been much worse.
>>
>>71665115
Would of been easier to pretend it didn't exist if PJ wasn't involved. Like that Velvet Underground album with none of the original members.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.