[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Thinking mans films.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: Interstellar.jpg (651 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Interstellar.jpg
651 KB, 2000x1500
ITT: Thinking mans films.
>>
this movie is only enjoyable by literal retards like you
>>
>>71660438
people who say 'literal retard' are literally retarded
>>
>>71660418

>hurr the planet is so close to the black hole that if you land on it you will create drama
>durr age

Fuck off
>>
>>71660514

this

they scraped the most basic of "deep space realism" to create tension but it literally serves no purpose other than causing idiots to go

>dude that shit is mindblowing!!!!! wtf?????

and then puff their vapes and post on /r/movies
>>
File: 1464444257035.gif (716 KB, 245x187) Image search: [Google]
1464444257035.gif
716 KB, 245x187
>>71660514
>>71660438
>
>>
File: paingain.jpg (278 KB, 1017x1500) Image search: [Google]
paingain.jpg
278 KB, 1017x1500
>>71660418
>>
>>71660652
Honestly this
>>
>>71660418
You know I fucking despise this movie but the quality of criticism leveled at it by pretty much everyone who isn't me or Armond White is kind of starting to make me think twice. I see it as structurally bloated, thematically aimless and shallow and generally uninspired in execution, but then all anybody ever calls it out on is the 'science.' If meme-science is all that's wrong with Interstellar then it's not really a bad movie. Does nobody else really have any criticism other than the fucking black hole stuff or 'muh love?' Is there really nothing else wrong with the movie?

>>71660652
This is objectively good.
>>
>>71660514
>hurr durr i dnt understand real science
>>
File: caine-interstellar.jpg (40 KB, 601x303) Image search: [Google]
caine-interstellar.jpg
40 KB, 601x303
>>71660514

>Coop we recieved data on these three planets which look promising for colonisation
>Brand could I take a look at the readout from the initial data that was sent back from the planets
>Erm its a bit too technical for you Coop
>Just give the damn readout old man
>.......
>It says here that the location of Millers planet in relation to the supermassive black hole has such high tidal forces that any water on the planet would form 4K foot tidal wave occurring once an hour in any location. Additionally the extreme time dialation would mean that every hour spent setting up for colonisation on the plants would equal 7 years on earth. Basically its uninhabiatble and the human race would be dead anyway before it became habitable
>Fuck u Coop

Bravo Nolan you tried to include scientific accuracy but forgot all the logic
>>
>>71660864
they literally explained why they didn't know about the waves
>>
File: Butterflyeffect_poster.jpg (24 KB, 270x399) Image search: [Google]
Butterflyeffect_poster.jpg
24 KB, 270x399
One of the most smartest films I've seen.
>>
>>71660864

>explain that 1 minute on the planet is 7 years in earth time
>be surprised that the data is shit when the scientist has had 30 seconds to gather it

i mean fuck how did he have time to send anything ?
>>
Official list of thinkinos:

The Cuckcold
Race
Gods of Egypt
Games of Throne (last season)
Jessica Jones
Orange is the new black
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.