[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Event Horizon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: liberate-tutemet-ex-inferis.jpg (903 KB, 1000x1426) Image search: [Google]
liberate-tutemet-ex-inferis.jpg
903 KB, 1000x1426
Name a can't.
Proflaw: you tip
>>
>>71660063
You are not the first that came up with this "joke"
Lurk more
>>
Cgi hammer, or was it a wrench?
That's about it tbphwyfb
>>
>le shit movie everyone knows is shit but sci-fi genrefags on the internet love maymay

Fuck off
>>
No Chaos Space Marines.
>>
>>71660063

Transylvanian salt mines
>>
File: 1467719708079.jpg (198 KB, 1218x713) Image search: [Google]
1467719708079.jpg
198 KB, 1218x713
>>71660063
that ship looks like a retard
>>
haha more like prevent horizon amirite
>>
I liked it. The execution was bad but the concept was pretty cool. Only plebs hate this movie, tbqh.
>>
>>71660063
one of the worst sci fis I've seen you baiting homo
>>
>>71660063

This movie ruined Sunshine for me. As soon as the extra-crispy, over-powered villain showed up I turned it off. It made me flash back to event horizon, which was about space crazy, which was fine, but I couldn't sit through that shit again in Sunshine. Sunshine was supposed to be about saving the world, space crazy was not anticipated or wanted.
>>
File: le-evil-murderchamber.jpg (222 KB, 1200x795) Image search: [Google]
le-evil-murderchamber.jpg
222 KB, 1200x795
>>71660330
> Bad execution
Aw, the sets were awesome even if they didn't make any sense. Look at this shit; this would be 90% CG nowadays
>>
>>71660141
It has literally nothing to do with WH
>>
>>71661022
ship looks like warhammer

I guess that's the point he was making
>>
>>71660063
this film is proof that a good premise can carry a film even with shitty execution, at least for the first hour
>>
File: 1415725266431.jpg (10 KB, 251x240) Image search: [Google]
1415725266431.jpg
10 KB, 251x240
I enjoyed this far more than most artistic movies that are objectively better executed than it.
I dunno, the concept was fine and while sometimes I laughed at it other times I was just plainly interested in it. Overall a nice watch despite its flaws.
Would recommend
>>
>>71661135
No, there's a group of WH nerds that think it's actually a WH40K movie that got altered in the middle of production.
>>
File: nostalgae-citric.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
nostalgae-citric.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>71660330
>>71661217
>>71661254

> execution

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for one-term argumentation, but this feels a tad too general and vague: is it the acting? dialogue and direction? casting? editing or pacing? lighting and cinematography? sets and SFX? sound editing?

I'm guessing it's an all-of-the-above scenario, but just confirm this for us if you've got a minute thks
>>
>>71660063
shit, i read that the way it was supposed to be
>>
>>71660063

one of the worst shitty movies ever

started out okay, got edited to shreds, lost all coherence later on, went down the "edge lord master of all edges"-road, it was shit

that's me talking about the official movie

now for the uncut original, that actually makes sense and isn't a pile of garbage, that one might be a pretty fine movie, too bad we'll never get to see it
>>
>>71661257
None of the fans think that. It's just pretty much what a cheesy sci-fi 40k movie would be if it was about Mankind's first foray into Warp Travel and the dangers of Gellar Field Malfunctions.

Also if I remember correctly, Sean Pertwee's character has a tattoo that looks like the Raven Guard symbol.
>>
>>71660063
the biggest flaw with Event Horizon is that they don't establish the crew's psychological maladies.

like that one lady astronaut, she suddenly sees her kid running around, and you sort of have to say "oh, I guess she had a kid and he died or something, this must be very traumatic for her," but imagine how much better that scene would have been if that information was established earlier. It could have been emotional for the audience, too.
>>
>>71664299
You don't need to specifically show everything about the characters. It's a story, you learn about the characters as you go and through their interactions. Spoonfeeding the audience is something people here shit on constantly. It's what dumbs down cinema.
>>
>>71660063
I went into this movie expecting something at least slightly atmospheric, but I got some hilarious schlock instead

The scenes where the black guy gets blasted away into space and then manages to fly back to the ship or when evil possessed Sam Neill gets smacked with a big metal pipe were funnier than they had any right to be
>>
They should have spent more on what "hell" would actually entail.

Like how becoming pure evil wouldn't actually make you want to claw your eyes out but rather making someone commit suicide or something along those lines.

They took a philosophical element and then just watered it down with "hurr this guy a bad guy now, he made the machien too"
>>
>>71665959
i agree. this makes the movie a fun and kinda disturbing watch, but far from a real classic. i'd call it a classic mishap/b-movie though
>>
>>71660269

Always thought it looked like a mecha turtle with a long neck
>>
>>71664299
But the kid was established.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.