[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm making a Stephen King horror movie boxset for my girlfriend.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
I'm making a Stephen King horror movie boxset for my girlfriend. What are the essentials I need to include? I'm thinking around 8-10 films.
>>
I really need help, I'm clueless about horror movies
>>
cool dude
>>
Green Mile
Shawshank Redemption
Shining
Maximum Overdrive
Stand By Me
The Mist
Running Man
Salem's Lot
Nightmares and Dreamscapes (TNT mini series. was really awesome)
Lawnmower Man
>>
>>71655661
It
Carrie
Apt Pupil
The Stand
Langoliers
Dreamcatcher
>>
Listen, and listen good. I'm only gonna say it once.

If you're clueless about horror movies, don't make a fucking horror movie boxset for your girlfriend. If you don't know what your girlfriend even likes, don't waste your time and energy on sentimental gifts. You'll think it was a great idea and get a loveboner and then in 3 months you'll be broken up and she probly won't have even touched the fucking thing.

Just buy her something shitty and cheap, because thats likely exactly the stage your relationship is in right now if you're making threads like this on /tv/
>>
>>71655661
>>71655712
I only wanna have horror films, so no stand by me, shawshank or green mile

Also, which 8-10 should I boil it down to. So far I'm decided on The Stand and Maximum Overdrive. I already have the Shining, so not that one
>>
Carrie
The Shining
Cujo
The Dead Zone
Children of the Corn (more funny than scary)
Pet Sematary
Misery
The Mist
>>
>>71655477
Or if you want something really really fucked up. Check out Girl Next Door (2007)

King praised the book and movie. Both are pretty fucked up.
>>
>>71655661
Lawnmower man has nothing to do with Stephen King outside of the title name
>>
>>71655757
Being this sad
>>
>>71655759
add:
The Mist
Misery
Salem's Lot
Pet Sematary
>>
>>71655793
Same with Running Man. Whatever though.
>>
>>71655803
1979 Salem lot? We have that one already, thanks for the rest though
>>
Why Stephen King in particular?
>>
>>71655873
Because she's obsessed with his books and films, she's almost read all of his
>>
>>71655839
Desperation
Cujo
Horns (was King's son)
>>
Carrie
Pet Sematary
Stand By Me
The Shining
Misery
Children of the Corn
The Shawshank Redemption
Christine
The Dead Zone
Cujo
>>
>>71655759
Well, if you're going for only horror and already have The Shining then

The Stand
Maximum Overdrive
Christine
Pet Sematary
Misery
Children of the Corn
Silver Bullet
Sometimes They Come Back
Carrie
The Dark Half
>>
>>71656128
i would say 1408 would be a better choice than Maximum Overdrive if he wants purely horror kino.
>>
>>71656221
>>71656128
I want Maximum Overdrive in there, it's such a king film I feel.
>>
>>71656221
>>71656238
Oh, Max Overdrive has to be on the list. I mean King got coked out of his mind a directed a movie. It's pure kino if anything.
>>
Creepshow and Creepshow 2 are top notch
>>
>>71655477
I wouldn't put The Shining on it, even King doesn't like that and it isn't scary it's just shit and boring.
I've read most of his books and can't stand that film.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.