[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had a podcast what would you make it about? Also same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 277x182
If you had a podcast what would you make it about?

Also same old
>Watcha listening to
>Watcha dropped
>>
>>71652633

Cum Town is good, also the Bret Easton Ellis podcast, and Todd Barry's
>>
>>71652633
I listen to How Did This Get Made and a bunch of other sports podcasts. If I had a podcast I'd just make how did this get made with me in the cast
>>
>>71652633
Something about creepy shit, but with a pair of funny cunts to take the piss.
Also, i listen to How Did This Get Made and Last Podcast on The Left.
>>
File: 34902834.png (44 KB, 696x644) Image search: [Google]
34902834.png
44 KB, 696x644
Hey, have you guys noticed if I make these thinly disguised threads so I can shill my podcast yet? Anyway, here's where we're at so far:

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Watching%20With%20Will%20Podcast

And here's our twitter. @WatchingWithPod

To the left is the 13 episodes we've done so far. Would appreciate some feedback from those who've already given us a listen. Heck, you could even be our first hate-mail.
>>
>Smodcast
>Sometimes BabbleOn
>Sometimes Edumacation
>Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast
>Sometimes WTF with Marc Marren if he has a good guest
>>
>>71652977
it says i have to make an account to download wtf?
>>
File: 1462169903529.jpg (160 KB, 695x572) Image search: [Google]
1462169903529.jpg
160 KB, 695x572
>>71652735
>I listen to How Did This Get Made
>>
>>71652633
BONE ZONE PODCAST
Mouse Milk Donkamin Sauce Wheel Foot
>>
Recommend me something like Sleepycast, /tv/. They're closing it all down soon so I have no comfy podcasts to listen to.
>>
Video games sometimes, tv and movies, food. I like video games but I usually don't give a shit about what's new. Nobody wants me to tell them about how good games were three or four gens ago.
>>
life is pain
>>
>>71652977
Started one too, here's ours
https://soundcloud.com/anythingbutqualified
>>
Friendly reminder that The Biggest Problem in the Universe was the GOAT podcast and the world is a shittier place now it's dead.
>>
>>71652633
>Watcha listening to
The Flop House at the moment
>Watcha dropped
99 Percent Invisible. It was fun when it was a 5 minute podcast on design: politics, urban planning, architecture, engineering. It became boring as fuck when he did 40 minute episodes on fucking labour unions or whatever garbage the newer episodes are about.
>>
>>71652687
Bret is like the brain bug of chan culture hivemind
>>
File: watchingwithlist.png (39 KB, 702x614) Image search: [Google]
watchingwithlist.png
39 KB, 702x614
Here's the links to the commentaries, please let me know if you can access them.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByTaP63vDbVTQ3doNm5DaFRhaTA&usp=sharing

Twitter: @WatchingWithPod
>>
>>71655364
You guys sound professional. Might be because I'm british so you've got that 'American Podcaster' voice I'm used to. You guys also have a good rhythm, doesn't drag on when I listen to it. Do you have a schedule for these?
>>
>>71656075
Weekly, Seven Samurai/Magnificent seven up within the next few days!!

Thanks for the feedback!
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-08-06-02h12m49s70.png (207 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-08-06-02h12m49s70.png
207 KB, 720x404
>>71652687
I haven't listened to Cum Town yet, but I like Nick Mullen. I've heard him on LoS and Gavin

this will only appeal to detroitfags, but Drew & Mike are putting out podcasts now

of course, it's really just Drew pulling the weight. I don't know if Mike has been on any episodes yet.

the old Drew & Mike show on WRIF is the entire reason I like talk radio/podcasts today.

I was listening to a few episodes tonight, and it reminds me why I never felt the need to get into Stern or O&A until much later.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (240 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
240 KB, 1920x1080
>>71652633
i've been thinking about making a music/video educational podcast about recording. there's already a couple of great ones on youtube, but i think i could provide a different angle.

lately, i really enjoy "Tigerbelly" and some of the "Your Mom's House" episodes. Tigerbelly more so, because they are more original. Mom's house is basically a middle-aged talk show where they basically just regurgitate videos they watch on the internet and talk about them. Tigerbelly has more Seoul, if you will. JRE is great when Joe has intelligent writers or scientists and when he doesn't try to talk over them...but, that's rare.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (35 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
35 KB, 1280x720
>>
Comedy bang bang is GOAT
>>
>>71656011
that one works thanks
>>
>>71656950
I wonder if its an act.
>>
File: 1381159577138.jpg (5 KB, 126x121) Image search: [Google]
1381159577138.jpg
5 KB, 126x121
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp9UT5JMI4s
>>
>>71656994
Though I've only listened to the Silicon Valley episode, I didn't like the main guy at all. Which other episodes are good for getting into it?
>>
joe rogan experience
>>
Listening to (almost all episodes):
- Stop Podcasting Yourself
- The Half Hour of Power (w/ Tom Scharpling)
- Hollywood Handbook
- Race Wars

Listening to (some episodes):
- The Best Show w/ Tom Scharpling
- Comedy Bang Bang
- Never Not Funny
- Spontaneanation

Dropped hard:
- Anything with that blowhard Jesse Thorn
>>
someone i know spergs out over welcome to night vale - is it any good
>>
Gamers with Jobs
>>
>>71656950
XFM radio shows are far better than the podcasts
>>
>>71658267
Anything with Jason Mantzoukas(?) Or paul f thompkins.
>>
>>71655572
I just discovered this a week ago and it went straight in at number one. I'm halfway through it now, actually listening to it as I type. I'll be gutted when I finish it. The Dick Show is okay but no replacement for TBPITU.

My other fave podcasts:
Bill Burr's MMPC
What Say You? (Impractical Jokers' Quinn and Sal)
Adam Buxton's Podcast
RHLSTP (Richard Herring)
The Frank Skinner Show (Absolute)
The Ben Shapiro Show (Daily Wire)
The Church of What's Happening Now (Joey "Coco" Diaz)
The Joe Rogan Experience (selected episodes)
Dan Carlin's Common Sense
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
Worst Idea of All Time
The Adam & Joe Radio Show
The Ricky Gervais Show (XFM)
The Unbelievable Truth (BBC radio panel quiz show)
Tell 'Em Steve Dave
The Nerdist Podcast (selected episodes)
Go Bayside! (April Richardson talking Saved By The Bell)
The Doug Stanhope Podcast
Hollywood Handbook
The Dick Show
The Indoor Kids
>>
>>71658016
Does he come off as the type of person who can act?
>>
>>71658016
I don't think it's entirely an act. He's a producer and knows (after some time) what is effective and what isn't. I think he's a heightened state of who he is, sure, but all of it being an act? No way.

Regardless, it's damn funny and he is far more entertaining than Ricky and Steve.
>>
>>71654421
I use NetVideoHunter and YouTube MP3 Podcaster addons for Firefox to download most stuff. Nearly anything playing in your browser is detected and can be downloaded as a video or mp3 file.

I just tried to click WatchingWith's link to demonstrate and that goes to a login page. Fuck that. Here's one he posted last thread:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1scuws8h0p8kohl/AADh5F36itLvSCWlY3npmUNka?dl=0

That goes straight to the episodes, right click and Save As...

Haven't heard this podcast yet, but might try the Rocky Horror or Paper Towns one today.
>>
File: 1AXShri.png (3 MB, 2834x1644) Image search: [Google]
1AXShri.png
3 MB, 2834x1644
I have been listening to The Nosleep Podcast every week for the past 2 years. Extremely comfy. The horror genre grips my skin harder than anything else. Horror movies suck fucking dog dicks of course. What other horror good podcasts are there? Minimal women and "dweebs" preferable.
>>
>>71652633
>Watcha listening to
The Daily Shoah, some good shit meng
>>
>>71659127
>this is the kind of people posting on /tv/
>>
>>71659307
I've only heard one episode but Welcome to Night Vale is /x/ approved and might be what you're after. Nice mix of comfy and creepy.

podbay.fm/show/536258179
>>
>>71659364
If you're gonna shit on my taste, at least provide some kind of reasoning that might encourage debate.

Your post is just passive aggressive shit-flinging and contributes nothing, it only makes people more reluctant to post honest opinions in this forum.

What podcasts would you recommend as being better than the ones I posted?
>>
File: KTc6fatx.jpg (24 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
KTc6fatx.jpg
24 KB, 256x256
I listen to no jumper, taxseason and bodega boys I think the best podcasts are the ones where they get interesting guests and just talk about stuff
>>
>>71659466
Most of your podcasts are hosted by "comedians" who mostly shout and rant about nothing instead of trying to be funny, basically the people who actually think of themselves as "philosophers."
>>
File: 1451321855620.png (262 KB, 446x456) Image search: [Google]
1451321855620.png
262 KB, 446x456
>>71658358
THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C)

THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST

TO POP YOUR:

>ALPHA BRAIN
>SHROOMTECH
>KRILL & MCT OIL
>PRIMATE CARE PILLS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22GjkJw0WXk <---- HIT PLAY NIGGA

>YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE

>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE

>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA

DUDE BOOOOM LMAO

DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE

>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"

>"BRENDAN "FRASER" "FUCK MY SHIT UP" SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"

>Joe Rogan, 2015

>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING

Brought to you by SquareSpace©
>>
>>71659524
I think Joe Rogan might think of himself as a philosopher and Stanhope's a bit full of himself nowadays, but the other comedy podcasts are really just for fun.

What would you suggest for a comedy fan?
>>
>>71659666
bodega boys
>>
>>71659797
Thanks, I'll check it out.
>>
>>71659797
are you a nigger
>>
>>71652687
>Bret Easton Ellis podcast

woah thanks dude

just saw this podcast and checked it out. This guy is based as fuck I've already listened to 3
>>
>>71652804
>people actually find Last Podcast funny

at least say Blurry Photos, same terrible LE FUNNEH VOICES shtick, but less obnoxious and they actually do research.
>>
The Fämälämäwaifuzoid

Structure:

Upcoming features, shows returning, new movies, new on bd or web rip

As I get drunker,

Celebrity gossip
Jew conspiracy
Waifu harem
God damn immigrants
>>
>>71658016
If it is it would mean Ricky and Stephen are the greatest writers of all time which I very much doubt
Podcasts I listen
>The morning stream
>Hypo help
>Monday morning
>Co optional
>The instance
Recommend me some good ones
>>
>>71659127
>Benshapiro show
Hello cuck
>>
>>71662808
>supporting either of the insane monsters running in the current US election
Literally retarded.
>>
>>71656588
>Drew & Mike show on WRIF
My nigga.

You live in SE michigan?
>>
I listen to a local comedian's podcast. He's better known by his character Barry "the blender" Henderson from his youtube series I AM FIGHTER.

If you're from the UK or Ireland you'll love his sense of humour

https://youtu.be/hXUYQCbT5Cg

https://m.soundcloud.com/generalbanter
>>
Currently listening to the most recent episode of Flix Wise. First episode of theirs I've listened to. Pretty good analyses.
>>
Only podcast I really like, or at least listen to consistently, is James Bond Radio. I'd make y podcast as in-depth as theirs, only about obscure horror, sci-fi and action b-movies. Not terribly original, I know, but that's my passion I guess.

Either that or something horror themed, focused on real-life spooky shit and creepy stories as opposed to horror movies.
>>
I recently listened to a lot of the Nerdist podcast. It got me kinda depressed though, listening to how all these ridiculously successful people describe how they got to where they are. They either got lucky, or they knew what they were doing and had an exact plan.

I quite like the "interview someone new each podcast" format. I used to listen to Richard Herring's podcast, but stopped for some reason.

Last week I found out Adam Buxton had a podcast in the same format, so I binged all of those. I used to love Adam and Joe's radio shows/podcasts.
>>
File: 1385164562664.gif (860 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1385164562664.gif
860 KB, 500x281
>No Fuckin Ziti podcast
>Giant Bombcast
>Last Podcast on the Left
>>
I've been listening to Uhh Yeah Dude. Pretty hilarious and entertaining plus tons of episodes. Before that listened to Biggest Problem in the Universe which had a great premise with two people that genuinely argue. Listening to The Dick Show now but I'm missing arguments. Anyone have a recommendation where people actually disagree instead of constantly jerking each other off?
>>
Been listening mostly to You Must Remember This, which is all about "Hollywood in the 20th Century", and all the stories stemming from it.

It's hosted by a Californian girl with a bit of an obvious agenda (showing how fucked up the lives of actresses were during that era). It starts off a little rocky, but once you get into some of the later episodes, particularly the mini-series she did on Charles Manson, it starts getting really good. Her presentation style can be a little weak at times, so it's not for everyone, but it is consistently good for the better part.
>>
>>71664191
Forgot my honorable mention: Worst idea of all time podcast. Two New Zealanders watch Grown Ups 2 every week for a year and slowly go insane.
>>
>>71664793
>we want the reddit letter media audience

fuck off, jay
>>
>>71665130
...what.
>>
Last Podcast On The Left
Stuff You Should Know
Cheap Heat
The Ringer Wrestling Podcast
Bill Simmons Podcast
Various ESPN/Ringer podcasts
Steve Austin
Gilbert Gottfried
The Canon
The Conspiracy Show

and a few other depending on the week
>>
Tim Ferriss Show
Bret Easton Ellis Podcast
Bill Burr's MMP
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.