[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did it fall over?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (2 KB, 161x90) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2 KB, 161x90
did it fall over?
>>
>>71649200
Yes.
>>
It doesn't matter. You can follow the sequences back to the reality the movie starts in. Regardless of if that reality itself is a dream, he made it back to the one he wanted.

That's it.
>>
It doesn't matter, because it isn't his token. It's his wife's.
>>
>>71649358
>token
totem
>>
>>71649358
it still worked for him
>>
Yes, you can see it wobble.

That's not the point though. He just wanted to be in a reality where he could be happy again.

I have a feeling Nolan originally planned for the top to not wobble but the higher ups were like "No! We have to let them get a real ending or they'll get mad!" or some shit.
>>
>>71649200
it doesn't matter. it's not even his totem. his totem is his wedding ring
>>
You can determine "reality" by whether or not Cobb is wearing his wedding ring. However, the top remains spinning because the film itself is the dream, and only begins to wobble once it ends.
>>
>>71649200
It's irrelevant. I have my own theory that Cobb's actual totem is his wedding ring. He wears it in the dream scenes, yet it is suspiciously absent in the scenes we are told are reality.

It makes sense, because they say that only the owner should touch and know their totem, so why would he let her spin the top, if that were in fact his totem?
>>
>>71649236
no
>>
>>71651061
>my own theory

you and a million other people
>>
>>71649401
it's not how it works it's a imagination replication of a material object to help you know who's world you were in. your own or not.

this does nothing at all, but help remind the viewers what is reality.
>>
>>71651146
Well I came up with it independently and was likely the first to share it in such a widespread way, if not the first overall.
>>
>>71651277
ok guy
>>
File: oneSmartAd.jpg (263 KB, 1337x704) Image search: [Google]
oneSmartAd.jpg
263 KB, 1337x704
I just pirated and watched this last night and immediately afterwards I see this while browsing the web
>>
>>71651415
>welcome to botnet
>>
Why do people pretend that this movie was simple and easy to understand?
>>
>>71652836
People like prentending to be smart and show-off
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.