[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Room 237
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 346x521) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 346x521
>The Shining is about Native American genocide
>no, it's about the holocaust
>no, it's about Kubrick staging the moon landing

What a clusterfuck of a 'documentary'. This is stoner-tier analysis.
>>
>>71642736
>implying great art only has one valid interpretation

When will summer end?
>>
>>71642788

in 2 months
check your calendar more often
>>
>>71642788
I haven't heard something this pretentious and feel good everyone is right hug box bullshit in a while
>>
File: 1443873107004.jpg (14 KB, 269x200) Image search: [Google]
1443873107004.jpg
14 KB, 269x200
>that one segment where you hear a baby crying in the background
>>
>>71642736
It's a "documentary is too hard for pleb's minds to understand".
>>
The bit where they watch the movie backwards overlayed on of the movie playing forwards is hilarious.
>>
>>71642736
The whole thing is making fun of the autists
>>
>>71642788
>implying implications

The rationale used for each of those interpretations is about as sure and solid as a baby's grip on a buttered anvil.
>>
The movie is about the The Shining and how this one movie has so much scrutiny and theories. Hardly any other movie is as enigmatic as this film. The theories were there to show how many people can see the same things and have ten different opinions.
It's not perfect though. The crying baby and the Apollo 11 dude trying to shill his DVDs are examples. Seemed amateurish in a lot of ways.
>>
>>71642930
>it's a "Reddit poorly uses a meme" episode
>>
Room 237 is a mockumentary.
>>
Obviously this movie is a gimmick to get plebs to out themselves. Watch it with your friends and if they can't wrap their heads around it, find new friends.
>>
>>71642788
interpretations can still suck
>>
>>71642854
Attend high school.
>>
I've read all of Rob Ager's commentary and I still don't get the "THIS IS ABOUT THE NATIVE AMERICAN GENOCIDE" theory.

Yes the Overlook Hotel is built on a holy Indian site and that gives it bad mojo. But the claim that Wendy is supposed to look like an Indian and the Calumet Baking Powder just feels like grasping at straws.
>>
>>71643293
It's all about the carpet code
>>
well its true he was reading a magazine about pedophilia
>>
What is teabagging?
>>
>>71643002
It's ridiculous how few people understand that and concentrate on bullshit theories instead.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.