[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: recall and robocop2.jpg (273 KB, 1058x800) Image search: [Google]
recall and robocop2.jpg
273 KB, 1058x800
Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?

I felt like I was the only one that was truly livid that two classic Verhoeven movies were being tainted with boorishly CGI driven imitators, and still haven't seen either out of protest.

Yet, people were okay with Total Recall (despite the charisma vacuum that is Colin Farrell) and people even LIKED the new Robocop despite it lacking any good satire (A parody of Fox News and Bill O'Reilly? Oh my god this has never been done before!) and a fun but at the same time, plausibly gritty looking future (ED-209's in Iraq lmao)

So truly, why does the new Ghostbusters get the hate? Why the backlash against reboots now?
>>
Man babies hate women. Plain and simple. If the new Ghost Buster movie stared dudeweed actors, no one would give a fuck.
>>
>>71642619
I hated both of them, get on my level

nobody liked the robocop reboot asshole
>>
>>71643428
OP is a copypasta
>>
i don't recall robocop or total recall trying to shove a bunch of social justice shit down everyone's throats. they were just content with being bad movies and nothing more.
>>
File: 1438030355136.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1438030355136.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
Looking forward to Petes Dragon reboot?

What about Flight of the Navigator?

Oh boy i cant wait for these fantastic CGI ADD re-imaginings of movies filled with outdated concepts.
>>
>>71642619

Because /tv/ works on a hype feedback loop. Ghostbusters gets meme'd because it's hyped to fuck and back by media and sjws in such an absurd, blatantly shit fashion, so it's easy to laugh at.

TR and RoboCop were just unimaginative shitty remakes of based films that quietly slid out of the box office, so instead of memeing, the posters on /tv/ who liked them just drank themselves to sleep in sadness alone.
>>
You're a cuck.

I know you're baiting but il answer anyway.

The reason is because

>Total Recall reboot is shitty and I'm not going to see it

Fair enough

>Robocop reboot is terrible I'm not watching it

Yea it's pretty bad. No reason to support it

>Ghostbusters reboot looks terrible. No reason to see this since it will be as bad as the rest

YOU SEXIST! YOU CANT HANDLE WOMEN IN MOVIES? GO BACK TO YOUR BASEMENT YOU NECKBEARD THEY ARE THE BEST WOMEN EVER IF IT WERE MEN YOUD LOVE IT HILLARY FOR PREZ!!!
>>
>>71642619
>>71643372
Fuck off attention whores, everyone already answered this question the first 5 times you posted it.

>reformatted
>>
File: Screenshot_20160702-062239.png (790 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160702-062239.png
790 KB, 1440x2560
I made a stink about Robocop. I still do with Ghostbusters.
>>
File: nice work spambots.jpg (707 KB, 1652x1770) Image search: [Google]
nice work spambots.jpg
707 KB, 1652x1770
>>
File: Screenshot_20160520-153241.png (269 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160520-153241.png
269 KB, 2560x1440
This is the main reason for my hatred. Apparently Paul Feig also took part in Amazing Spiderman the reboot mess with Amy Pascal.
>>
>>71643673
All "SJW hype" has been reactions to overly negative attention.

If man babies didn't overreact and call attention to themselves, no one would've cared about this movie.
>>
>>71643679
Haha bullshit. This all started because niggers like you were massively downvoting the trailers where for those two previous movies you mostly just left them alone.

Don't try to act like the hapless victim you faggot.
>>
>>71643673
>they think SWJs spend money.

>Rae products still flood the shelves now cuz they whined but spend no cash.
>>
>>71644494
you should have seen the star trek beyond trailer downvotes before Anton Yelchin died. now they are positive.
>>
>>71644494

>implying I watch and review YouTube

I also don't browse Plebbit tumblerina
>>
Robocop and Total Recall had a smaller reach because they were hard R movies. Meanwhile every kid in the 80's watched Ghostbusters
>>
>>71644854
every kid in the 80s and 90s saw total recall and robocop what the fuck are you talking about
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.