[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait, was this scene in the Bible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 004POC_Maia_Morgenstern_005.jpg (53 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
004POC_Maia_Morgenstern_005.jpg
53 KB, 720x540
Wait, was this scene in the Bible?
>>
It was, yeah. Mel's 30:18
>>
>>71641002
no
jesus was the son of a carpenter
but no ref to him being one himself
luke has him reading from the torah so he was likely a pharisee who went rogue
assuming he was real
>>
>>71641108
Nah man, he was a ninja because he always carried around a chakram. Being a religious leader was just a cover to infiltrate Pilate's palace and assaniate him, but the plan backfired and he was executed for it.
>>
>>71641108
They didnt have wooden beam construction in that area of the world at that time, so Joseph was most likely a wood carver.
>>
>>71641108
>jesus was the son of a carpenter
Mary was a carpenter?
>>
>>71641217
>Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas?

unless you believe the virgin birth story
which i doubt
>>
>>71641217
> Mary was a carpenter?

No, that was Karen
>>
>>71641193
krishna carried the chakram anon
>>
BEND OVER SLAVE
>>
>>71641309

Brother in this context means cousin :^)
>>
>>71641645
>Brother in this context means cousin :^)
only if you're catholic
>>
>>71641396
Chakram are actual weapons that were used, up to World War 2. They're not confined to mythos.
>>
>>71641645
>>71641688
No, 'brother' as in 'someone who's very close and could be considered one despite there being no blood relation.'
>>
>>71641751
this is a catholic view
>>
>>71641002
Have they ever made a movie about the missing years of Jesus' life?

I know no one knows anything about what he did then but still it would be fascinating for someone to think up something.

After all: people know there are religious similarities with Buddhism, Ancient Egypt so could it be possible he studied these texts?

btw: I am not an atheist and not arguing that the Bible was "stolen" from other religions.

I am arguing that religions are connected hence the similarities: that a piece of God can be found in pagan religions.

An interesting thought and would be great to see someone try this theory in a film!
>>
Only a christian could see the word "brother" in their own sacred scripture and instantly argue that it means "cousin", despite the fact that the greek word for cousin was not used or even hinted at, all for the sake of preserving some dogma from the ancient past that even they don't understand or necessarily agree with.
>>
>>71641845
urantia book does a creative job of covering this
>>
>>71641002
Do Christians actually know that you cannot read one of the 4 gospels and know the whole story. You have to read all 4 because bits and pieces are missing from them.

So I suppose the council of Nicea did a great job at knowing what correct books to choose from even though there are some contradictions such as who visited Jesus' tomb and how many etc.
>>
>>71642017
thanks I was just looking it up. Is it meant to be an updated last gospel or something?
>>
>>71641751
oh joseph nutted in mary alright

>Matthew 1:25: But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.
>until

nigga was just patient
>>
>>71642138
i guess, or a story about what "really" happened
its a great read
especially the year by year account of christs life
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.