[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Movies you can't understand the praise for.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: kDdUtDsGMQ3OYwoBtEQyJIGPz4V[1].jpg (365 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
kDdUtDsGMQ3OYwoBtEQyJIGPz4V[1].jpg
365 KB, 1000x1500
ITT: Movies you can't understand the praise for.
>>
>Itt: movies I couldn't understand
Ftfy buddy
>>
>>71637958
I understood it. The first hour was good but the movie felt like they were just trying to one up each other with the twists the whole way through until it just became schlock. I'd encourage anyone to watch Timecrimes instead.
>>
>>71638036
>they were just trying to one up each other with the twists

But there's only two tweests.

And it wouldn't be entirely wrong to say that they're both encompassed by a single major tweest.
>>
i didn't like it ..as soon i saw the title i got spoiled for the ending

anyone who read a philosophy book know about the grandfather paradox
>>
Yeah, that was the wierdest mid-movie jerk of my life.
>>
>>71637917
The Babadook.
It was boring, not at all scary, and basically just a load of shit. I hated the characters and it was so boring I nearly fell asleep.
>>
>>71638222

Knowing the ending doesn't necessarily spoil a film anon, you can still appreciate it from a point of view towards its visual or narrative flair.
>>
>>71637958
There's nothing to understand, it's a perfect loop of hermaphrodite fucking himself and giving birth to himself.

The premises was so-so at best, and the movie was shite

People who like this have 0 taste.
>>
Spotlight.

I didn't think any of the performances were convincing, and the plot was poor. All movie long they were building up "The Catholic church will come at us with everything they've got."

And in the end, they came through with nothing. There was never any tension, Catholic church was clear-cut evil but had no intention to defend themselves, it was just strange.

Of course, that could all mean something if the movie didn't glory in the victory of the little guy over corrupt religion.

I usually like movies like it. But it just seemed unremarkable.
>>
>>71638355
I think the ending was the most interesting part of the movie.

Woman doesn't conquer the beast, she ties it up in the basement and continues to feed it. Some interpretations also bring in an incestuous aspect to that.

But you're right, really wasn't very scary.
>>
>>71638495
Are you serious? You can't understand why a movie that portrays catholics as pedos and Jews as the good guys was well received by a Jew-dominated industry?
>>
Fuck, I thought that was CIA with a little CIA standing inside of him.
>>
>>71638582
Really doesn't deserve the 98% on Rotten Tomatoes.
>>
File: images (3).jpg (25 KB, 320x459) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
25 KB, 320x459
>pic related

The direction was mediocre af
The acting was like out of a school play
The killer (Michael something) had no fucking motivation whatsoever
And that awful music that kept going throughout the movie

5/10 and people claim its a fucking masterpiece
>>
>>71637917
Every horror movie that isn't It Follows, VHS, or Jeepers Creepers.
>>
>>71638636
I agree.

It's strange because The Thing is legitimately great, but Halloween was just dumb trash.
>>
>>71638595
That's honestly my rationalization.

Not that it's a Jewy industry, which it very well may be. But that people today really like books, stories, video games, movies that put the evil religion in its place. Which isn't necessarily wrong, I don't care to argue about personal feelings. It's just awfully boring. 30 years ago that idea might have still been edgy and compelling, but today, when you see a character dressed in a robe, you mark him as the 1-dimensional "twist" villain out of habit, and you're right 90% of the time.
>>
>>71638636
well it was certainly better than the other stuff from that time, hellraiser and friday the 13th comes to mind
and because of his simple yet somewhat unique design made it that much easier for the audience to remember him

>>71638759
you're comparing body horror with slasher horror
>>
>>71638636
you need to put time context to understand why it was so good and important
>>
>>71638636
Youre the master of plebs, that movie is indeed a fucking masterpiece and you just will never get it... get some taste
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.