[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which was better, /tv/? Also, were they part of the same universe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: cloverfields.jpg (940 KB, 1414x1000) Image search: [Google]
cloverfields.jpg
940 KB, 1414x1000
Which was better, /tv/? Also, were they part of the same universe?
>>
>>71637111
The mew version had to be re-worked in order to be shoved under the cloverfield ip.
>>
Original Cloverfield was somewhat decent though not very good. 10 Cloverfield Lane is complete trash.
>>
File: IMG_20160627_142030.jpg (26 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160627_142030.jpg
26 KB, 330x330
>>71637207
>10 cloverfield lane is complete trash
>>
>ruining the whole point of the movie on the cover
>>
>>71637318
it was absolutely awful.
>>
>>71637375
No it wasnt, you seriously need to get a better taste... jesus
>>
>>71637431
>liked 10 Cloverfield Lane.
>telling others to get better taste.

total fucking pleb. I bet you like TFA and marvel flicks too retard.
>>
>>71637111
they were both pretty fucking stupid desu
>>
>>71637467
This is the kind of pleb that liked bat v sup

Also, those are joints not flicks...
>>
>>71637342
It amazes me how a project worth hundreds of millions, could hire someone who would make such a retarded poster, and even more bizarre, how they actually allowed it to go through all the way to be released, to only then sweep it under the carpet
>>
>>71637467
Just kill urself already fgt
>>
>>71637111
10 Cloverfield Lane was better. I don't know and I don't care.
>>
Cloverfield is GOAT and anyone who disagrees is an underage faggot who doesn't remember how much fun the hype surrounding it was
>>
>>71637552
to be fair BvS has infinitely more substance than 10 cloverfield lane, TFA or Marvel flicks.
>>
>>71637111
I-i actually liked 10 cloverfield lane.

But I'm not sure if I really liked the film or I was tricked by mew's cuteness and feet

Why is she so perfect guys?
>>
>>71637704
>The movie is better because it had better marketing
Anyone who fell for the hype was probably underage at the time.
>>
>>71637467
I loved both
Fuck You
>>
>>71637745
I like how you can analyze and deconstruct scenes in BvS. While with Marvel they replace meaning with quips. I really do believe that people like simplicity. Same reason people like consoles and iPhones. Humans really are lazy as shit.
>>
>>71637793
This
>>
>>71637207
>10 Cloverfield Lane is complete trash.
I feel like it dragged on too long in some places (e.g. Michelle talking about seeing the dad abuse his daughter in the hardware store) where it could have really used the time to elaborate more in others (e.g. Michelle and Emmet's theory that Howard kidnapped and killed the girl, and the evidence that they drew that conclusion from). For the most part, I liked the first hour and a half, but the ending seemed nonsensical and out-of-place. Overall, I think it's kinda meh. Original Cloverfield was also pretty meh (Hud was obnoxious, and Beth was little more than a damsel in distress serving as a plot device).
>>
>>71637552
>joints
>flicks
>being this much of a faggot
>>
>>71638262
The film makes more sense when you realize the original ending had Howard admit he was kidnapping girls for years and doing the same thing he does with Michelle (Convincing them the world has ended) to fill the void after he lost his wife and daughter. Sucks that Jew Jew randomly changed the ending to ayy lmaos so he could ride the success of the first film.
>>
>>71638411
Wow, that would have made a much better ending; everything would have been so much more cohesive -- I mean, the whole movie kinda felt like it was leaning toward that an ending like that. Why did they change it? Just to fit aliens in? That's so stupid.
>>
>>71638569
I honestly was sure the film ended when she saw the birds flying and removed the mask

Anything after that felt tacked on and from a different and curiously like a cg test for a future half life movie

Still I really liked the film, it was entertaining
>>
>>71638569
What confuses me most is, if you're going to shoehorn in monsters, why not bring back the one from the original Cloverfield?

Case and point: In that scene where Michelle finally escapes and notices something moving towards her in the grass, that could have been the perfect time to reveal one of the parasites that were in the subway in the first film. Hell, that's exactly what I thought it was until it was shown to be some kind of worm-like creature we've never seen before. Even when given the opportunity to link it back to the first Cloverfield they still fucked it up.
>>
>>71638732
See the Cloverfield name like it's Goosebumps or Twighlight Zone, as a possibility for one-offs in Sci-Fi (Horror)
>>
>>71637111
They aren't really comparable

Cloverfield was a standard fare kaiju movie, 10CL was an intense, claustrophobic, borderline psychological thriller

10CL was better
>>
>>71638871
I'd actually be okay with that.
>>
>>71638731
>I honestly was sure the film ended when she saw the birds flying and removed the mask
I felt like it should have ended there, too. That whole scene seemed very pivotal; it would have been just fine for it to end there, or ten minutes later with her jumping in her car and leaving. I really wish the movie had kept its original ending. I think the ending it has now threw a lot of people off.

>>71638732
>why not bring back the one from the original Cloverfield?
Exactly! I was honestly expecting something like the subway creatures in the other movie, too. The worm creature seemed bland and unoriginal compared to the ones in the subway. Also, they and the airborne ones seemed entirely unrelated.
>>
>>71637111

I have to go with 10 CL, only because it could've been a better movie had Jew Jew Abrams not scrapped the original ending.

The movies are setup as a kind of Twilight Zone theme where there are alternate timelines with different scenarios and the only thing they share is the title.
>>
10 Cloverfield Lane would've been a much better movie if they didn't hamfist the ending for the Cloverfield branding
>>
>>71639881
What was the original ending?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.