[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hi, son, remember how I once told you should have let a bunch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
>Hi, son, remember how I once told you should have let a bunch of kids in a bus drown. Well let me tell you the story about how some drowning horses traumatized me for life.
Was this guy one of those vegan psychos?
Damn this movie was stupid. That 26% RT score was too high imo.
>>
File: FilmIsObjectiveHere.jpg (150 KB, 1115x521) Image search: [Google]
FilmIsObjectiveHere.jpg
150 KB, 1115x521
>>71636937
>>
>>71636937
The movie should have showed Clark waking up after this, maybe took a fucking nap in the snow or something and he melts it from on top of him.

Or that probably would have triggered Mt Killafaggots Trekkers
>>
>Son I know it might seem like the right thing but there are consequences you might not foresee, so chose carefully.

>Son let me tell you about the time I thought I was doing the right thing but it had tragic unintended consequences for someone else.

Seems pretty consistent to me.
>>
>>71637054
It wasn't a dream though, it was a vision quest.
>>
>>71637154
yeah and that's fucking gay if a tthig considering all the fucking dream shit in this movie, it should have shown the "good" guy that Bruce thinks he is has the knightmare and the "big evil alien" is the one having the human peaceful dreams.
>>
>>71637089
Yep.

Amazing how some people go full retard to try and shit on this film.
>>
>>71637054
Or maybe Superman should have been fucking Superman
We could have had a decent Doomsday movie where he wrecks a bunch of other super heroes on his swath of destruction towards metropolis where him and Supes wreck half the city while Ma and Pa Kent have to watch their son being beaten to death on live tv and it all could have ended with the most iconic panel in comics ever, superman's torn cape caught on rebar flapping in the wind like a flag while Lois is crying Clark's name and fade out to credits
>>
God bless Zack Snyder and BvS for revealing who the retards are one by one
>>
>>71637263
>not muh Superman

Doomsday was a shit character in the comics and BvS actually gave him substance by being the embodiment of the difficult decisions Superman made in the last film (such as killing Zod) as well as Lex's hatred and resentment towards him.
>>
>>71637215
The movie already does that by comparing Clark and Lois' domestic bliss to Bruce's brooding, slutbanging, and pillpopping.
>>
>>71636937
>Hi, son, remember how I once told you should have let a bunch of kids in a bus drown.

that didn't happen

He was simply shaken over the possibly of Clark almost outing himself. Pa Kent saying "maybe" is less him saying "ya shoulda let those fuckers drown dummy" and more of him struggling with a difficult situation with no acceptable outcomes in his mind. He doesn't want his son to be burdened with the moral responsibilities that exercising his powers entails, at least not yet. But letting a bunch of kids die when they could've been saved is also a shitty scenario too.

Conflict! I bet you utterly despised the Martha scene, too.
>>
>>71637336
Comic DD is far better though. At least has an actual origin story and doesn't look like a cave troll.
>>
>>71637336
Doomsday isn't a character, properly used he's a catalyst for interesting things to happen around him
There's a reason death and return of superman revived what was a sinking ship and while doomsday was literally a mindless raging beast he was integral to it
>>
>>71637500
Unstopable raging beasts are pretty fun though, I mean it's Hulk's entire gimmick and Doomsday is basically Hulk turned up to 11.
>>
File: 14316643277322.jpg (476 KB, 1527x1367) Image search: [Google]
14316643277322.jpg
476 KB, 1527x1367
>>71636937
>>
>>71637215
Except it's not, tons of novels and movies have this sort of shtick where there's an unexplained, generally spiritual vision. Sometimes to further the plot and sometimes for characterization.

I liked that it wasn't a dream. Kal El had to go to an alien ship and be given a hologram to see his alien dad but to see his REAL dad, he just had to be seeking him out for advice and he manifests or appeared to him (possibly just a hallucination from Clark's imagination)
>>
>>71637575
this is the /tv/ equivalent of reading Kanye lyric analyses on rapgenius
>>
>>71637574
>Booster Gold goes to an alternate timeline and has to fight Doomsday, alone, and this Doomsday is actually intelligent, when the original Doomsday nearly killed him the first time
>He still does it instead of running away

Booster Gold movie when
>>
>>71637765
I don't know know you're talking about but those posts seemed totally spot-on to me.
>>
>>71637239
>try and shit on this film.

Batmans only motivation to murder a superhuman is some rich faggot he already hates sending him photos with red words

Batmans only motivation to not murder the superhuman is because their moms have the same name

The Flash looked fucking retarded

Superman survives his heart being ripped out just bcus
>>
File: pakent12.jpg (53 KB, 1264x847) Image search: [Google]
pakent12.jpg
53 KB, 1264x847
Pa Kent was truly the most tortured soul in the DCEU
>>
>>71638029

>Batmans only motivation to murder a superhuman is some rich faggot he already hates sending him photos with red words

Nah that's just a lie, you're lying there mate, Batman's motivations for pursuing Superman are made abundantly clear

>Batmans only motivation to not murder the superhuman is because their moms have the same name

It's humanisation of the other, bro, it's a solid technique for resolving opposing character dynamics

>The Flash looked fucking retarded

Yeah nah I'll give you that, that was misguided. Maybe if there'd been a bit more of a lead-in, Bruce getting snippets of dream whenever he slept. It's like they decided that the way they ended the movie an end of credits scene would have been crass, so they just through it in the middle and expected it not to seem disjointed and weird.

>Superman survives his heart being ripped out just bcus

bcus he is a SUPER MAN
>>
>>71636937
>how I once told you should have let a bunch of kids in a bus drown
he literally said maybe.
even if you ignore the context and the emotional subtext of the scene and that moment and what happens immediately after it, no one ever interprets "Maybe" as "you should _"
>>71637089
a perfectly succinct summation
>>
>>71638029
>Batmans only motivation to murder a superhuman is some rich faggot he already hates sending him photos with red words
not true.
the first scene in the movie is his motivation, lex just cultivates what's already there
>Batmans only motivation to not murder the superhuman is because their moms have the same name
no, it's a moment of self reflection where he becomes cognizant of his obsession, the combination of martha, the alien, and lois breaks through his tunnel vision
>The Flash looked fucking retarded
okay
>Superman survives his heart being ripped out just bcus
can't control everything, all you can do is hope for the best
bad shit is going to happen, hope doesn't mean that suddenly everything is good forevermore, its a mindset
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.