[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This movie was a lot of fun. Why did it do so bad at the box offices?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: the-nice-guys-poster-620x919_0.jpg (318 KB, 900x885) Image search: [Google]
the-nice-guys-poster-620x919_0.jpg
318 KB, 900x885
This movie was a lot of fun. Why did it do so bad at the box offices?
>>
>>71634293
because it was an original idea for a film and the only movies that do good is reboots, sequels, and capeshit
>>
because it looked like another "2 cop dudes" movie
>>
File: Two_guns_poster.jpg (58 KB, 300x475) Image search: [Google]
Two_guns_poster.jpg
58 KB, 300x475
>>71634293
it wasn't that good. utterly forgettable, kind of like this movie only with a daughter character.
>>
>>71634293
Haven't seen it. I'll go this week. From what I've heard it's good.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0kwQyJEtV4
>>
>>71634293

this is why 4chan boards develop terms like patrician and pleb.

normies literally hate original ideas, unless its marketed to them right.

they would rather go see flying suit man fight quip to a shield holding guy

but this movie is not even very patrician - its just something different, with humor thats not in your face, just good decent original movie. and it was too much for normies
>>
>>71634364
>original
Nigga, I liked the movie, but Shane Black has been making the same movie for like 30 years now
>>
>>71634465

funny as fuck. the jew was pretty funny too
>>
>>71634434

real lolita shit guarantees the cunny dollars tho
>>
>>71634479
Theres noting new or different about the nice guys at all. Its just buddy action comedy movie #462
>>
Nobody is wearing a cape
>>
Too much white boys
>>
Not enough quips
>>
>>71634293
Everything that's not Capeshit or Scareshit is failing this year.
>>
>>71634293
who would go and see this? this is a home movie, literally nothing invites you to see this on a big screen
>>
>>71634718

which category is junge book?
>>
>>71634772
remake
>>
>there are seriously people posting thinking this movie looked original
>>
>>71634772
Disney. Sorry: Capeshit, Scareshit, and whatever Disney comes out with.

>>71634796
Most remakes and reboots are failing too bro. Jungle Book succeeded because it's Disney.
>>
I really wanted to see it in cinemas but didn't get a chance
>>
>>71634807
Agreed

>it's another "Shane Black makes the same film for the 6th time in a row" joint

Why bother? I've seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
>>
>>71634718
>>71634364
This

In 2016 in USA, only 1/10 of the top grossing movies was an original IP
>>
>>71634718
Dont forget pixar movies
>>
>>71634465
loled
>>
Because it was released at the same time as the sea of capeshit, there's no way it could compete.
>>
>>71634908
Non original IPs are also failing. Look at Tarzan, TMNT, Alice Through the Looking Glass. Massive flops. The closest gauge for big budget flops is actually critical reception. BvS is the ONLY big budget film this year that critics disliked to make money, and it's called Batman v Superman.
>>
I thought it was great but movies have become a medium for plebs. There is no hope
>>
>>71634293
the audiences for movies are different now. It's no longer couples going to a movie, they all stay home and netflix + chill. 'Dates' don't even really happen anymore.

Movie audiences now are oldfags too stupid to download or use netflix, or bored groups of teens. So blockbusters are all that have a chance.
>>
>Ghostbusters, Back to the Future and Robocop would flop in 2016 because they weren't based on a pre-existing medium

Some people even fucked up saying the Nice Guys were based on a book. It was maybe like two of them, but still, fuck me, man...
>>
>>71634293
Because the audience is literally infatilized after years of Marvelshit.
>>
>>71635551
Yeah, because Marvel is totally the cause and not the symptom.
>>
>>71635551

The irony is a big fat crybaby like yourself blaming one company for the ruin of the industry which is completely retarded.

Come back when you're 18.
>>
>>71635679

He's right though
>>
>>71635679
>mfw literal triggered Marvelcuck.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.