[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished reading this. Is the film worth a watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: fhdune.jpg (3 MB, 1684x2309) Image search: [Google]
fhdune.jpg
3 MB, 1684x2309
Just finished reading this. Is the film worth a watch?
>>
Holy crap, you can read? What are you doing on /tv/ then?
>>
>>71632889
Haven't seen it, so I can't say.

Is it a good book, OP?
>>
>>71632889
great novel, don't expect much from the film unless you like cheesy B sci-fi
>>
the sets and the practical effects are just depressingly bad but i honestly dont remember anything of the plot. dont think i actually finished the movie
>>
>>71633101
might watch jodorowsky's dune instead in that case

>>71633072
book is quality
>>
>>71632889

The Lynch film is awful. Think of it as a strange homage to Dune and not an actual adaptation whatsoever and you may finish it.

The mini-series is somewhat better- although you will be constantly scratching your head at the choice of actors for some characters (Piter De Vries, for example) and the costume design. They'll gloss over huge swaths, but remain somewhat faithful to the books.
>>
The film is odd. It doesn't have a whole lot to do with the book aside from the characters and vaguely the plot.

If you want a loyal adaptation the Sci Fi miniseries is what you want. it's low budget and not fantastic, but it delivers on being the book on screen.
>>
>>71632889
The film is shit.
But the mini-serie is pretty accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZdj5NJj-Bk
>>
Skip the shows and go read up to God Emperor

Then stop
>>
File: Dune+series.jpg (942 KB, 1531x850) Image search: [Google]
Dune+series.jpg
942 KB, 1531x850
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVqXE9ZY5wk
>>
>>71633784
guy sounds too much like Tommy Wiseau lol
>>
>>71633784
What started the 'Bene Gesserit are bald' maymay? The Lynch movie? I don't remember any indication that Rev Mothers are bold in the books. On the contrary, for every notable character it's described what hair they have in great detail. But for some reason that 'bald BG' maymay has caught on. WTF
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.