[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does /tv/ hate The Wire? You can't use "reddit"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: the-wire.jpg (66 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
the-wire.jpg
66 KB, 640x480
why does /tv/ hate The Wire?

You can't use "reddit" as an excuse this time. This show ended 3 years before reddit became well-known.
>>
Reddit: The Show
>>
i dont think this is true.
>>
File: no617078387.gif (4 MB, 512x381) Image search: [Google]
no617078387.gif
4 MB, 512x381
>>71627620
>Someone on tv said they didn't like the wire
>WHY DOESN'T TV LIKE THE WIRE?
>>
>>71627620
I don't think it does,actually,I was convinced to see it by /tv/.
/pol/ and other memers will try to say otherwise though.
>>
>>71627620
It doesn't, The Wire threads are some of the best on /tv/ with actual discussion and I've never seen anyone complain about one.
>>
/tv/ doesn't like S2 because it can't handle Ziggy, but that's all
>>
>>71629264
anyone who doesn't like s2 is a dumb cuck
>>
Seeing Stringer get played by Clay Davis for a chump is so satisfying.

He thought he was the hottest shit to ever scrape himself off the streets. He thought he was gonna rise above the game. Seeing him realize he's getting fleeced and there was absolutely nothing he could do about it was one of the best parts of the show.
>>
>>71629339
and then slim charles straight up telling him no fucking way when he suggests they kill him, beauty.
>>
>>71629295
>>71629264
Season 2 beats about the bush too much though. Sure, once it gets going, it's good but up until then, it's a legit chore to get through.
>>
>>71629979
Except this part
>>
>>71629295

My fav season
>>
3 = 4 > 5 > 1 > 2

But they are all at least 9/10
>>
File: WP_20160112_11_46_27_Pro.jpg (2 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160112_11_46_27_Pro.jpg
2 MB, 3072x1728
So, after hearing about this show I decided to give it a shot and I watched the first episode.

The vulgarity was forced, edgy, almost cringey...... and it felt just cheesy.

Does the show try and be more dignified in its grit? I want to watch/like it but I don't see what others see, at least not yet.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.