[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So can we agree that he was perfect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
File: batfleck.jpg (26 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
batfleck.jpg
26 KB, 600x300
So can we agree that he was perfect?
>>
>>71626414
no, he's a shitty overrated actor
>>
>>71626414
Definitely the greatest actor to ever play Batman yes.
>>
File: 1439393776w.jpg (17 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1439393776w.jpg
17 KB, 460x276
>The pain of post–9/11 as reflected in Nolan’s Batman films was a paradigm shift. But fantasy cannot conscientiously be enjoyed Nolan’s way, without any sense of social, historical, or moral consequence.

>Snyder manipulates this new paradigm so that mankind’s sense of mortality is embodied by Batman, Superman, and their arch-nemesis, Lex Luthor. (All three characterization performances are, well, perfect.)
>>
He certainly brought more of an intimidating presence as Batman but all the killing ruined it.
Bale was a better Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>71626414
Only good part of the movie.

Hyped for the solo batman movie, probably going to be ignoring the rest of the DCEU.
>>
>>71626837

SHUT THE FUCK UP, SAMBO
>>
>>71626837
This

>>71626875
>all the killing ruined it

Plebeian
>>
>>71626875

yeah, nah

also

>writing depends on actor

fuck you
>>
>>71626940
>Plebeian
Nice argument. Batman doesn't kill, that's kinda what sets him apart from all the criminals of Gotham ya know.
>>
>>71626414
Just watched this last night. I thought his fight scenes were stiff and slow. He wasn't that great.
>>
>>71626414
yeah, but the terrible directing ruined his character.

stupid jumpcuts every millisecond, bad scenes that were just pointless. I mean skipping over him stealing the Kryptonite was fucking stupid.

whole movie should have been set in the Knightmare Sequence. Least we could fucking see him clearly.
>>
>>71626940
>a fucking plebeian is calling someone a plebeian
I'll let you get away with it this time, /v/
>>
File: 1367446773985.png (74 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1367446773985.png
74 KB, 625x626
>>71626875
>>
>>71627071
Another great argument.
>>
I think he needed some scenes where he was all angry/depressed at a big fancy party and more batcave scenes.

All the brutal killing wasn't introduced properly.
>>
>>71626414
He would've been if he didn't kill
>>
>>71627120
There is tones of Batman arcs in which he gets extremely violent or straight up killing criminals, in context of the movie it makes sense.
And it's refreshing the no killing rule is nice for comics but for that batman he wouldn't work.
>>
File: DKR no T.jpg (178 KB, 1918x795) Image search: [Google]
DKR no T.jpg
178 KB, 1918x795
>>71627154
>I think he needed some scenes where he was all angry/depressed at a big fancy party

Not really behavior Bruce Wayne would exhibit in public honestly, even when he's talking to Clark he's being kind of playful about how biased the planet is about Superman yet trying to talk shit about Batman, and we see it again when Mercy stumbles on to him and he starts acting like the clumsy playboy people expect.
>>
>>71627258
So basically change his entire character and also make him a criminal.
>>
Christian Bale's has a better human side than Ben's. But Bale had the advantage of being in a full Batman movie instead of just half of it
>>
>>71627325

>So basically change his entire character and also make him a criminal.

"we've always been criminals, Alfred. Nothing's changed"
>>
>>71627325
That's what they are going for, all I am saying is that there is precedents in the source material and in the context of the movie(20 years of being the Bat) it makes sense, plus it's more of getting shit and killing if it's needed than bat the ripper.
>>
>>71627405
Which comic is that from? Oh right it's from the movie where he kills people.
>>
>>71626414
no
we are too dickish to agree completely on most things
so we are forced by who eer is in control to accept whatever bullshit is shoved in our face for the overall master plan of life which is who the hell knows?
>>
>>71627459

So we're just stuck in a circular argument because you're a stubborn idiot now? Vigilantism is a crime which is what Batman does, no-kill rule or not, even in Year One the police were gunning for him, and at most keeps a tentative relationship with Jim Gordon while the precinct is split over loving/hating the guy who does their job for them.

All you guys just endless parrot MUH NO KILL RULE but apart from that know nothing else about the character or how he's been presented over the years, so when something is changed in the movies or cartoons your tiny limited view shatters into a million pieces, even when they show enough details that would explain why it changed.

But go ahead, say NO KILL RULE again, you smug cunt.
>>
>>71626414
I think he looks a little funny when he does that grimaced face in the suit

It looks a little like he's smiling, you see it a few times in the warehouse and the desert sequences
>>
>>71627325
>So basically change his entire character and also make him a criminal

Yes, and the character is a whole lot more interesting than the other interpretations.
>>
>>71626875
He didn't kill anyone, he just dealt collateral damage.

>Example of Batman killing
Batman pushes someone to their death
>Example of collateral damage
Batman overturns a car that was shooting at him

There's a difference. This is clearly an older and jaded Batman that accepts most criminals are irredeemable and thus made their choices, he doesn't have to go out of his way to save them, especially when they're shooting at him with military grade hardware.
>>
File: 1467307134900.jpg (134 KB, 514x514) Image search: [Google]
1467307134900.jpg
134 KB, 514x514
>>71626414
Yes. Only reddit plebs will disagree. Here are some key phrases to help identify them.
>Batman doesn't kill.
>The Martha scene was stupid.
>BvS was was a "joyless experience."
>Movies need to be fun.
>>
Batman was always a killer in the comics, and in the movies. He tries to avoid it, but there are times when explosions or gas or whatever would cause someone's death. Also, BvS was all about Batman being more and more excessively violent, so it's pretty reasonable that Superman will mellow him out (maybe even getting a new Robin will humanize him some more.)
I have a problem with Bruce being covered with scars, and no one ever mentions that, when he's doing his millionaire-playboy thing. Shouldn't he have some super-duper Himalayan healing goo to help hide that and protect his identity?
>>
I hated the movie but he was great. It's astounding that they could cast Batman so well and then cast Lex and WW so terribly.
>>
>>71627325
He was always a criminal. Why the fuck do you think commissar Gordon has to shine the light in the sky?
>>
>>71628012
>Batman was always a killer in the comics
nah, he was a killer on his first year, after that the no-killing rule became a really huge thing for the character. It has been like that for more than 70 years now.
>>
>>71627833
no he fucking didn't, he straight up mini guns a guy on a turret, throws a crate at a guys head and stabs a guy in the stomach for stabbing him in the shoulder.

Watch it again and actually stay awake this time.
>>
نعم فعلا

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAFeQgsOLNQ
>>
Can someone summarise Batman's motivations for wanting to go as far as to kill Superman? I get why he would hate him but not why he would kill him
>>
>>71628904
because snyder
>>
>>71628904
Did you not watch the movie? The "1%" spech?
>>
>>71626976
>Batman doesn't kill

That is why the comics are garbage
>>
File: sbats.jpg (17 KB, 617x400) Image search: [Google]
sbats.jpg
17 KB, 617x400
Anyone saying he was perfect is lying to himself. He was good yes, but not perfect. There are multiple situations in which he is clearly out of character, pic related, Batman does not act surprised, he also doesn't get scared like a little bitch when Kryptonite effects start running out, and he doesn't cover his face in fear when he's about to get blasted by doomsday

#notmybatman
>>
>>71628982
Yeah but right after that Alfred says "He is not our enemy" and Bruce agrees and says "Not Today".

So he acknowledges that Superman is not his enemy and later on after the Senate bombing the news makes it clear that Wallace Keef is responsible for the bombing

So why does Batman want to kill Superman?
>>
I think the only thing wrong with this movie was that everyone's expectations of what Batman should be like were cemented by the Nolan batman series. Ben was amazing as Batman, but we're so spoiled by the Dark Knight Trilogy and we expect that style of movie. This was just a different style. Each has its benefits and drawbacks. Most audiences was expecting a Nolan style film I think.

B v S: 8/10 (for being predictable at times but Batman had a batarang so 8.5)

DKT: 9/10 (minus a point for being too dark)
>>
>>71629091
script says so

now fuck off marvelcuck
>>
>>71629117
I'm not trolling, I genuinely want to know. Is there something I'm missing? This is the only thing I don't get about the movie. All the other character's motivations make sense to me except why Batman wanted to kill Superman?

Did he KNOW that Superman was NOT his enemy but choose to kill him anyway just in case he went rogue like in the knightmare sequence?
>>
>>71626414
Yes. And there's something wrong when Affleck is the castmember with charisma in a movie.
>>
Remember when everyone freaked out when he was announced as Batman? Why? The internet was horrified, it was like Ledger getting announced as the Joker again
>>
>>71629091
Not today, but who knows if he what will happen tomorrow? The one percent chance remains.

I mean, it's not complex.
>>
>>71629198
there is no reason, snyder wanted batman to try to kill superman but forgot to give him a reason for doing so
>>
File: The polar bear devours his son.jpg (106 KB, 1051x1600) Image search: [Google]
The polar bear devours his son.jpg
106 KB, 1051x1600
>>71627459
>they have to adhere to my comics and cannot make a story of their own
>>
>>71629198
Dude. Superman told him no more Batman and threatened to take him out once and for all if he didn't stop fighting crime forever. "A new sheriff in town speech".

Then Lex sent Wayne that letter to make it seem like Superman was saying "you're my bitch and your parents died which was funny to me".

What other motivation do YOU need?
>>
>>71627459
No, it's from The Dark Knight Returns. Most of the best stuff in this movie were directly lifted from that.
>>
>>71629282
>Lex sent Wayne that letter to make it seem like Superman was saying "you're my bitch and your parents died which was funny to me".

You think Batman thought that letter was sent to him BY SUPERMAN?!
>>
>>71629282
>>71629259
>>71629243
>>71629117

So basically it comes down to the fact that there was a small chance Superman might destroy the world one day?

That just doesnt seem like a good enough reason to me
>>
Fucking WHY can't autismos ADMIT BvS was a good superhero kino?

What the fuck is WRONG with you, kids jesus
>>
File: 1467564199230.png (295 KB, 902x1020) Image search: [Google]
1467564199230.png
295 KB, 902x1020
>>71629439
Because I actually have taste and a high cinema IQ you mouth breathing fucking imdb drone
>>
>>71629481
>buzzwords over buzzwords

manchild
>>
>>71629411
Honestly, there's good potential reasoning there.

Superman's virtually an unstoppable, all-powerful...well, super man who can basically do anything he wants, and if he ever decided to go bad, there's literally nothing anyone can do to stop him.

Someone like that existing who doesn't answer to anyone is fairly dangerous, and people trying to have some way to stop him just in case isn't really a bad idea.
>>
>>71627911
Funny how you DCucks perfectly describe what's wrong with your excuse of a flick.

It's like you know.
>>
>>71629554
>he doesn't understand cinema language
No fucking surprise
>>
>>71629411
Does the fact that he's alien from another planet weights for or against this reasoning for you?
>>
>>71629481
>what is really happening
ahahha you can't with a fucking straight face tell me this is /tv/?
>>
>>71629600
>>71629658

I get the whole "all powerfull, unstoppable" aspect and the fact that he's an alien and not human would make it easier for Batman to rationalize killing him. but the movie shows (through the newspaper headline clippings in Wallace Keefs apartment) that Superman has technically been doing nothing but daving people and being the classic "comicbook" Superman we all know for 18 months while Bruce was hunting the kryptonite

So does Bruce just not care about all the good Superman has done?
>>
>over 3 hours long

Snyder was sucking his own dick at this point. There was nothing that happened in that movie that couldn't have been done in the standard 90 minutes.
>>
>>71629784
*saving people
>>
>>71629784
Batman also saves people, but he wouldn't be able to destroy whole planet.

also Injustice.
>>
>>71629038

I liked the moments where he shows his vulnerability. He was fighting a literal god after all. Maybe it doesn't bother me because I'm not a comicfag, I don't know.

>doesn't cover his face in fear when he's about to get blasted by doomsday

It's more of a reflex thing than fear, if there's an explosion nearby what do you protect first? Your face.
>>
>>71626414
He was a great batman but failed as Bruce Wayne.

>Keaton was a great Bruce Wayne, shit batman
Kilmer was shit all round
Clooney was a shit
Bale was a great Bruce Wayne and a shit batman

There hasn't been an all round great batman
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.