[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do people mean when they say actors have "charisma"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: Dwayne-Johnson-Biceps-Size.jpg (57 KB, 472x650) Image search: [Google]
Dwayne-Johnson-Biceps-Size.jpg
57 KB, 472x650
What do people mean when they say actors have "charisma"?

For instance, what makes The Rock or Will Smith have charisma while Vin Diesel and Forest Whitaker don't?

Because they smile more??
>>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/charisma
>>
>>71616993
They play well with jews
>>
I want to give you a serious response, but how do you explain charm to an autist?
>>
>>71616993
Forest Whitaker is charismatic though.
>>
Generally it means that clownish, jovial behavior looks good on them: when Will Smith and the Rock have a good time, you believe it, it looks good on camera, it feels natural.

Vin Diesel and Forrest Whitaker on the other hand would probably just seem like your buddies if they tried to read the same scripts as the Rock and Will Smith. Everybody's capable of being jovial and lightening a scene but on some actors it just works better.
>>
>>71617067
Charisma =/= joviality.

You don't know what charisma is.
>>
usually if the person seems genuinely confident

Vin Diesel always seems like he's faking it, since hes a shit actor and kind of a goofy dork irl, not a tough guy

The Rock is also a shit actor but hes actually confident and charming IRL so doesnt have to fake it
>>
>>71616993
You know that stat you ignore when you char gen? That's charisma.
>>
The Rock got that eyebrow charisma. It's translated into physical facial features like how Jim Carrey has that rubber face.
>>
>>71616993
Vin Diesel has neither charisma or acting talent.
>>
>>71616993
Presence + likability. You can't miss them when they show up and they endear you to them immediately.
>>
>>71617094
Yeah you're right, I guess it's harder to put into words than I thought.
>>
>What do people mean when they say actors have "charisma"?
It's this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxDQFnLwW14
>>
Basically do people like you or not, like genuinely enjoy your presence. You can be le funny comedian man or dark broody method actor but people may not gravitate towards you deep down like they would a Tom Cruise.
>>
OP is the peak autisma.
>>
But Vin Diesel has tons of charisma you fucking pleb.
>>
File: vlcsnap-error289.png (388 KB, 640x482) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-error289.png
388 KB, 640x482
>>71617332
>Charisma
Compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others.
>>
>>71617052
>how do you explain charm to an autist?

This is like /tv/'s 'how do you explain colour to a blind man?'
>>
>>71617435
Oh man I haven't seen a Steve Irwin clip since he died.
>>
>>71617435

Thats strange Vic you told me you were with your wife the evening the Armenian mob was robbed
>>
>>71618049
Didn't he get cucked by his son's autistism therapist?
>>
File: Implyingairquotes.png (335 KB, 600x455) Image search: [Google]
Implyingairquotes.png
335 KB, 600x455
>>71616993
"implying" Will Smith has charisma
>>
>>71618136
people confuse being black with having charisma
>>
>>71617062
Last King of Scotland. He made Idi Amin seem like a pretty cool guy.
>>
This is why people say Dwayne has charisma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ff6LxpfVAo
>>
File: vic-corrinne_autism388376.jpg (75 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
vic-corrinne_autism388376.jpg
75 KB, 720x540
>>71618098
>>
>>71616993
Charisma is just making effeminate people feel like they there is no real animosity between them, ironically this makes people feel like they are on level playing fields without having to do anything but the first mover knows much better than this and has to conceal it to starve off competition.

Read Max Weber on Charismatic Authority.
>>
>>71618231
But Idi Amin was a "cool guy". You don't know what you're talking about.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.