[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was really good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
This was really good
>>
>>71615127
What was your favorite part and why?
>>
muh favorite bit was when he realised his entire life was a lie
>>
>>71615292
"What else is on?"
>>
>>71615127
Why didnt Jim get nominated for this? This was fucking patrician as fuck. And he nailed it.
>>
>its a Truman burns a cross on their neighbours lawn episode
>>
bump

i love this film so much and want to have more discussions about it.
>>
>>71617651
The end scene where Christof and Truman finally speak is beautiful.
>>
>>71615127
I didnt knew what the movie it was going to be about the first time I saw it. It was a mindblown. And it has a lot of rewacth value

I love this movie
>>
>>71617730
>I didnt knew what the movie it was going to be about the first time I saw it
The whole "twist" (that Truman is actually in a TV show) is revealed within the first five minutes
>>
>>71615127
Are there any other serious films that Jim Carrey is in? Aside from Eternal Sunshine. He seems to have been typecast as a clown, but he is a very good actor in serious bits.
>>
>>71617761
Who knew
>>
>>71617761
They were going to originally make it as a psychological thriller which would have probably ended up like Shutter Island or some crap.
>>
>>71617780
I think he has a couple of serious films coming out

>>71617825
Some anons in a thread on friday talked about how interesting a re-cut version of the film would be where the camera POV bits and all the bits where its shown that Truman's life is a TV show are cut out so its just Truman being paranoid and at the end he escapes
>>
>>71617780
Man on the Moon is literally his best role.
>>
>>71615486
He should have realized that year's earlier when his crush told him he was living a lie on TV.

He was a retard and just continued to live his life normally for years after that.
>>
>>71616949
pretty profound tbvhwyfamily
>>
>>71617896
Thanks senpai. I've added it to the list.
>>
>>71617850
feel like the recut would just be a bad memento or usual suspects ending
>>
>>71617412

comedic actors don't get awards. awards only go to people with perceived status and this guy doesn't have that kind of status.
>>
>>71618392
Or at least he didn't at the time. I think he could be nominated in the future. He's clearly talented.
>>
>>71618626

I don't really think so. Look at the guys who are in charge of actually nominating people. You actually have to pay money and kiss ass in order to be nominated. Jim Carrey doesn't seem like the kind of person who would care about awards this late in his career.
>>
tfw jim is now old and will die in your life time

Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!
>>
>>71618681
I think he does. That's why he did movies like eternal, man on the moon, the majestic. I'm not saying it will happen, but he's done enough to have earned a little good will in the eyes of some critics at least.
>>
>Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and gas the kikes
Fucking hell Raimi
>>
>>71618392
Which is a real shame, because comedic actors are the most talented in hollywood.

The fucking academy and it's fucking "things have to be sad to be meaningful, and meaningful to be deserving of awards" attitude need to go.
>>
>>71615127
Shit guys OP is onto us XDD`
>>
I always wondered, did they blurr the cameras when he was going to jerk off to anime hentai peesex?
>>
>>71618971
It was a premium channel. Truman After Dark.
>>
>its a Truman bakes semen brownies and every actor has to pretend they don't know they're eating his cum episode
>>
Why would an actress ever agree to be his wife and basically choose to be part of that show for the rest of her life? Why would she bother crossing her fingers at their wedding? Shes basically already comitted to spending her entire life on the inside and living with Truman so why not just marry him for real. Thats the part that always bothers me about this movie.
>>
>>71619172
Maybe her contract said that she can choose to be written out of the show at any time?
>>
>>71619172
>why would an actress
There is no logical answer to the end of any sentence that begins like that
>>
>>71617902
If a girl tell you that your life is a TV show right now, will you believe her?
>>
>>71619172
She would be a well known person on a successful show

And be handed a comfy life as a bonus
>>
>>71617780
The Majestic
>>
>>71617761
I feel like revealing it so early was a mistake. It takes all the intrigue away and replaces it with mild at best suspense waiting for Truman to figure it out. It's like hearing the punchline before the joke is told
>>
>>71620671
DONT FUCKING TRIGGER THAT PSYCHOSIS FOR ME AGAIN ANON
>>
>>71615127

Too short. It needed a solid half hour put before the stage light came crashing down.
>>
>>71615292
That montage when he begins to realize what's going on, because of the awesome music
>>
>>71617721
>tfw when I first saw it I thought of what I would say in that situation
I would say 'In your world, there is no danger. But in your world, I am not free.' Then leave.
>>
>>71619163
lmao
>>
>>71619163
I wonder what they would've done if Truman had turned into a sexual deviant in his teens, like, the kind no audience could sympathize with. Would Christof have cancelled it?
>>
>it's a truman considers suicide episode
>>
>its a Truman slaps a coworkers arse and gets the sack episode
>its a Truman refuses to find a new job and decides to become a NEET episode
>its a Truman listens to his first Alex Jones podcast episode
>its a Truman spreads the truth about the holocaust episode
>>
>>71623081
They would have probably put Truman into therapy or fabricated news stories about how "new research shows doing (whatever weird sexual deviant things Truman is into) causes rapid cancer growth"
>>
How did they get all the child actors/actresses to obey in elementary/middle school?

>>71623143
Was Truman even taught about the holocaust?
>>
>>71623246
I wouldn't think so. His "world" seemed to be very sheltered.
>>
>>71617761
Was it really that early?
>mfw didn't realize it until they explained it
>mfw had no idea what the people looking at the tv commentating meant
Well fuck me, guess I'm dumb.
>>
>>71623246
>How did they get all the child actors/actresses to obey in elementary/middle school?
I assume they were taught that world was real before learning the truth slowly at some point.
>>
File: 1464844891835.png (326 KB, 986x553) Image search: [Google]
1464844891835.png
326 KB, 986x553
>>71615127
>tfw Jim went from movies like this to complete garbage after dating that vaccine denial bitch
>>
>its a Truman catches his finger in the car door and screams at the car calling it a 'fucking nigger' episode
>>
>>71619022
>>71619163
Top kek
>>
>its a "To Catch a Predator" and "Truman show" crossover episode
>>
>>71617780
I've heard the number 23 is good, but haven't seen it myself
>>
>it's a Truman adds another childs corpse to the collection episode

The late 20s - early 30s years were pretty dark
>>
>>71615127
>tfw saw it as a kid and thought it was weird he was cutting out pictures to make his waifus picture
>i just save their pics from the net and jerk off to them

i have become truman
destroyer of cum
>>
>>71615127
>its a Truman does heroin and sleeps in a pile of trash for 12 hours episode
>AGAIN
honestly feels like reruns at this point
>>
>its a truman is an open homosexual episode episode
>>
>>71620671

This doesn't happen to you? This morning it was an obese man with cartoon ponies on his shirt, but he was gunned down before he got close enough to where I could hear anything other than "IT'S ALL A LIE"

Should I be worried? This is like the 20th time this year
>>
>>71624875
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
File: Do_It.png (647 KB, 1376x1080) Image search: [Google]
Do_It.png
647 KB, 1376x1080
> It's a Truman stares blissfully into a train whilst heavy music plays episode
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.