[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the woman im the cave?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 600x889) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 600x889
Who was the woman im the cave?
>>
>>71613282
Me
>>
>>71613999
Him
>>
Roberta Paulson
>>
>>71613282
Rachel
>>
>>71613282
The owner of the island mentioned in the title, fool.
>>
>>71613282
Didn't exist.
>>
You're the cave.
>>
Didn't you watch it? She was an escaped patient.
>>
>>71613282
His daughter
>>
>>71613282
How open to interpretation is the ending? I saw it theaters when it came out and left with the obvious impression but am wondering if perhaps his initial instincts could still have been right and he got rused into believing he was insane.

I remember when watching the shrinks explain to him how he was actually crazy thinking "no, don't believe that shit its a trap" only for it to become more and more conclusively obvious.
>>
>>71613282
It was Plato's cave. In a sense, the woman was us.
>>
>>71615875
It's a book adaptation remember, it's all explained in the book. He is legitimately crazy, there is no trick.
>>
>>71613282
Bane
>>
>>71615919
I like the possibility of the trick end better. I wish Inception hadn't been made and the proverbial spinning top had been put in this superior film instead.
>>
>>71615875
The only thing open to interpretation was whether or not he decided to lobotomize himself.
>>
>>71613282
Grendels mother
>>
Ms. Shutter Island
>>
>>71613282
Your mom
>>
File: rats on the rocks.jpg (2 MB, 2048x871) Image search: [Google]
rats on the rocks.jpg
2 MB, 2048x871
People tell the world you're crazy, and all your protests to the contrary just confirm what they're saying. Once you're declared insane, then anything you do is called part of that insanity; reasonable protests are "denial," valid fears are "paranoia," survival instincts are "defense mechanisms"
>>
>>71615875
>perhaps his initial instincts could still have been right and he got rused into believing he was insane.

This is pretty much what I believe. They were feeding him hallucinogenics in the cigarettes.
>>
>>71616575
what was the deal with the rats?
>>
>>71616968
departed reference
>>
>>71616968
Ratatouille reference
>>
>>71616575

hinting that they were dumping bodies there

a decorated veteran like himself would instantly feel the difference between a gun and a piece of wood or whatever they used

and why the hell would they let him go on a boat that leaves the island if he's their most dangerous prisoner
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.