[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goku vs King Piccolo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 29
File: goku vs king piccolo.png (228 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
goku vs king piccolo.png
228 KB, 720x540
was this the peak of dragonball?
>>
>>71612888
Frieza Saga
>>
>>71612888
No

Every big fight in all of the Dragon Ball series means character development.
>>
>>71612888
Cell Saga pleb
>>
No the one where Gohan does something was the peak and also should have been the end.
>>
>>>/a/
>>>/jp/
>>>/lgtb/
>>>/facebook/
>>
but dragonball is a television show
>>
>>71613021
"Gohan was a mistake" - Akira Toriyama
>>
File: gohan2.png (376 KB, 550x300) Image search: [Google]
gohan2.png
376 KB, 550x300
gohan is an insignificant side character now
>>
>>71613251
As he should be
>>
>>71612928
This
>>
>>71612928
this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWWEKBGfv6o
>>
>>71612888

DAILY REMINDER

dragon ball/ dragon ball z stopped being good after the beat vegita and nappa

the frieza saga is when it went to shit and everybody knows it
>>
>>71612888

Yes.

Goku vs Vegeta was the peak of Z.
>>
>>71612928
Also the originally planned endpoint for the series
>>
>>71613966
Doubtful. The next issue came out the next week and started up the Android saga.
>>
>>71614147
I have a cousin who lived in Japan in the early 90s who had a friend who met Toriyama at a mechanic's shop where Toriyama was getting his motorcycle repaired. He talked to him about his originally planned endpoint for the series and Toriyama said it was the Frieza saga. But since it was all so popular he continued on.

Which makes sense if you consider that the androids are massive asspulls.
>>
>>71612888

Yes.
>>
>>71614237
Everything was a massive asspull. My friend John Toriyama said the series was originally planned to end after they collected the dragon balls the first time.
>>
>>71614147
>>71613966
>>71614237
You're thinking of the Cell saga. Buu saga was never supposed to happen.
>>
>>71614237

>massive asspull
>androids already existed in original Dragonball

????
>>
>>71614351
>super saiyan prophecy is fulfilled
>frieza's story and the story of the saiyans comes full circle
>most powerful known being in the universe is defeated

>return to earth, a low tech backwater planet
>scientist from failed rebel army has invented androids considerably more powerful than every known being in the universe
>they never run out of ki
>super saiyans galore
>time travel added in because that always makes a story better
>>
>>71612888
yup. that was the last time there were real stakes.

I'm personally pretty partial to the first tournament even though there are some bullshit moments in it.
>>
>>71614461

>lowtech backwater planet
>have fighting mechs, shrinking capsules, flying cars and hyper modern cities

?????
>>
>>71614518
compared to the rest of the universe, absolutely
>>
>>71614586
The only thing they lacked was space travel. Everything else was more high tech on earth. And once Bulma's father reverse engineered the Namek ship, they caught up.
>>
>>71614586

In what regard? They didn't have space travel but that was rather lack of interest than lack of capabilities. Bulma's dad built a spaceship faster than any alien ship in a couple of days
>>
Earthlings don't even know about ki, a fundamental force of the universe. They're idiots.
>>
>>71612888
fact: Dragonball was best with child goku. Grown up goku fucking sucks, and DBZ is barely fucking watchable. Specially if you know the source material. A constant barrage of "what the fuck is this shit?" One of the most overrated shows in history.

>Don't fall of the snake road! If you fall down, it's impossible to continue your journey and also people are fighting on earth so hurry up
>"boss we need to sell like 8 more DVDs"
>"Oh fuck.. What do?"
>"how about we make him fall off the snake road?"
>"BRILLIANT!"

Classic DB was full of great humor and loveable moments. Z is little more than: "THIS GUY IS EVEN MORE POWERFUL THAN THE LAST GUY!" kai was alright doe.
>>
>>71615169

you say db was full of humor and loveable moments but prefer kai over Z, even though kai is the same as Z without the fun and humorous filler episodes
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (99 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
99 KB, 1366x768
>>71614634
Nah m8. >>71614586 is right
The other races had sick healing technologies and whatnot, able to bring what was one kick to the shin short of being a mangled corpse back to life, tons of space travel fast enough to reach other inhabited planets, fucking magic eye pieces that can read peoples power that only got obsolete by plot power shenanigans,

I'm pretty sure the only actually advanced thing on Earth is the shit Capsule Corp. comes up with. They're like Dragonball Google. If you look at the actual technology, their vehicles, their houses and their hospitals, they're all rather low tech. I think later they go a bit more wild with hovering cars but still. before the android asspull, earth technology was pretty fucking clunky.

And Namek makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Somehow they have incredible space faring technology, but the planet only seems to have a couple hundred inhabitants at best most of which seem to be monk-like farmers working the land and such. There is nothing that looks like any kind of civilization or sign of industry that could have actually produced this technology.
>>
>>71615169
The problem with Z was the filler. But I prefer the more serious tone it had in all moments. Fights were still fun but had more seriousness. Watch something like the fight between Chiatzou and Krillen, it's not funny.

My only issue was Goku leaving after the defeat of each major villain in Z.
>>
>>71615169
Goku and Piccolo driving filler is probably the best episode in DBZ
>>
Is it just me, or does almoat every arc try and nerf goku so that he isnt that ultimate savior even though he totally is?

>frieza saga; forced body switch
>android saga; heart virus
>cell saga; literally just steps down
>buu saga; hes technically dead and cant go full power and remain on earth

Am sure im missing plenty of others.
>>
>>71613251
>Now has his own JUST hair

Will Gohanfags ever recover?
>>
File: 90d.gif (6 KB, 329x302) Image search: [Google]
90d.gif
6 KB, 329x302
YOu tell me
>>
>>71615036

But they do. In fact they have better knowledge of it than any planet of Freezer's empire had
>>
>>71615758
>getting wrekted by a laser
>>
>>71615796
What did he mean by this
>>
>>71612888

nope. the arrival of the Saiyans is still to me the best arc. Earth buddies training for 1 year and then get literally rekt by Nappa while Vegeta just stands by. AND when Goku arrives he still get his shit pushed in

literally goat
>>
>>71612888
rate this rank of db fights

1.- goku, piccolo, krillin, tenshinhan,chaozu, yamcha, yajirobe and gohan vs vegeta, nappa and the saibamen

2.- goku vs piccolo at the final of the tournament

3.- piccolo vs android 17

4.- goku vs vegeta (boo saga)

5.- goku vs king piccolo
>>
>>71615796
thanks doc
>>
>>71615571
>>71615571

all of frieza's armies technology was stolen and reverse engineers Taffles technology
>>
>>71615865

You forgot Goku Vs Pikon at the grand kai tournament
>>
>>71612888
That isn't Goku Vs Roshi
>>
>>71615571

>before the android asspukl

ANDROIDS FIRST APPEARED IN THE RED RIBBON ARC IN DRAGONBALL AND TAO PAI PAI WAS TURNED INTO ONE TOO WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>71615949
Turned into a Cyborg*

the first android we see I believe was the mechanical dude in the game of death tower, or maybe we saw Eighter first, don't remember
>>
>>71615479
Yeah DB was. Classic DB. not Z. The one with kid goku. where havin Masako Nozawa as his voice actress made some sort of sense because he was a kid. power rankings go:
>Classic DB
>DB Kai
>DB Z
>All the other weird DB bullshit that came out

>>71615591
I was thinking more of the general tone of the show. overall way less serious. Krillin pulling down Bulmas top, showing her tits to the old man so his nosebleed would cover and invisible enemy. Or right at the start, Goku resting his head on Bulmas crotch to sleep, getting confused, patting it and exclaiming: "this doesn't feel like grandpas!". There was some fighting in classic but I liked the overall focus on more silly stuff and jokes.
When I watch DBZ I feel like all I'm getting is "in the end we barely managed to defeat this incredible strong super enemy... BUT WAIT! THERE IS MORE! THE ALL NEW _NEW_ SUPER ENEMY! NOW WITH 200% MORE POWER!"

look how off the wall it gets:
>Goku barely manages to force Vegeta to retreat
>frieza is the ultimate power, Vegeta a mere underling to him and not even his strongest one
>trunks comes and frieza is like a fucking fly to him.
>trunks is getting bullied by androids who mob the floor with him
>androids get shit on by cell
>cell is nothing to boo
By the end Goku is probably strong enough to kill frieza on namek from planet earth without getting out of bed. I mean fuck, every single Z fighter could kill a man by snipping his finger at him. Imagine Boo fighting first visit Vegeta. It's a fucking joke.
>>
>>71616010

News flash: they're all cyborgs, the english translators were just retarded
>>
>>71616081
Either Might be a cyborg, but the metal boss general dude was 100% mechanical, and Android 16 is pure metal as well as #19
>>
>>71615910
the argument was that earth is basically a backwater planet with little to no technology worth mentioning (the only truly great thing is the capsule technology) The Tuffles put earth even more to shame.

>>71615949
Oh I'm aware of that. The "Asspull" here is not "there are androids" the asspull is "There are suddenly androids that are WAY more powerful as any of the Z fighters or at that point established ultimate forces of the universe"
Which is a pretty big asspull.
>>
>>71615949
yeah but they weren't overpowered to the point of easily beating a super saiyan who easily beat the strongest being in the universe.
>>
>>71615571
>And Namek makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Somehow they have incredible space faring technology, but the planet only seems to have a couple hundred inhabitants at best most of which seem to be monk-like farmers working the land and such. There is nothing that looks like any kind of civilization or sign of industry that could have actually produced this technology.

>Nameks develops amazing technology
>Spread out among the stars
>Become nigh gods with their Dragon Balls
>Everything slowly falls to a Foundation and Empire like despotic stagnation
>A lone Namek sees that for all its amazing wonders, their people in conquering space, have become just like it: Empty
>He collects the Dragon Balls and wishes that all his people may live a life worth living
>In an instant the entire Namek civilisation disappears, and is replaced by a happy little content one that wants no trouble

Wouldn't be more of an asspull than anything else in Z.
>>
Goku vs Future Evil Goku who still has the heart virus giving him constant zenkais

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0C2UgBMMLo
>>
>>71612888
>hurr durr i can't find /a/ u guyz pls help hurrrr
How stupid are you? Fuck off back to your pedophile pen, rapist.
>>
DB went to shit after the Red Ribbon saga.
DBZ was never good.
>>
>>71613786
Is he hallucinating this? Or is Vegeta actually talking to him from otherworld?

Also, is this the original dub? It sounds off.
>>
>>71616292
Oh god, don't remind me of the fucking heart virus.
>>
Goku vs jackie chun or tien
>>
>>71616292
>>71616292

>he thinks Toriyama remembers an obscure thing like zenkai when he forgot the entire SSJ3 transformation
>>
>>71615591
>>71615479
I love DB Kai, it makes re-watching it so much less painful. All that filler drags on so fucking much.

I would love to see if the original DB and Super get a Kai cut later on.
>>
>>71612888
I always felt like that fight was a bit weak. Tournament had better ones. Piccolo jr vs goku was better even.
>>
>>71616131

19 was also a Cyborg. He later appeared in hell.
16 I'm not sure, but I don't think it was ever implied he was an android in the original so I too think he's a Cyborg
>>
>>71616292
super and GT are awful memes senpai

the only thing GT did good, and i dont think Super is going to be able to match, was its ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js11oxyUUSE (HOLY SHIT the american soundtrack is so fucking disgusting)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD0IFmjdhhA (this is less cancerous)
>>
>>71616431
He also forgot a whole fucking character and that his aliens are supposed to have tails. (fuck, how many bad guys could have been killed way faster if the Idiots didn't cut of their tails?)

And to be fair he forgot the SSJ2 trans. and just tought 3 was 2. (the whole, "going past SSJ" is super retarded anyway).
>>
>>71616431
Yet SSJ3 is back and he remembered the time machine Cell used.
>>
File: fuccboi.jpg (214 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
fuccboi.jpg
214 KB, 720x400
>>71615592
this
>>
File: 1464274749008.png (302 KB, 506x532) Image search: [Google]
1464274749008.png
302 KB, 506x532
>>71616509
You think that's bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hvf5uaAc2Y
>>
>>71612928
great saiyaman saga was pretty good desu. I would watch a whole show based on that premise.
>>
File: Dragon Ball Z v15-189.jpg (863 KB, 2037x3056) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Ball Z v15-189.jpg
863 KB, 2037x3056
>>71616499
Here. Fuck 19 and anything else that's not in the manga.
>>
>>71616668
*Fuck 19 in Hell.
>>
>>71616509
>in the original the turtle pulls an Eeyore because he says his name wrong
>in the English one he his happy Goku also missed him and looks down bashfully
Another thing I hate about dubs. I get that you can't 100% match what was said originally (just as you can't 100% import the dialogue from the manga into the anime) but often I feel like they just think "ahh fuck it, let's make shit up for this sideshit and only try to get the main point across for the main bits of story"
>>
>>71616549
>>71615592
What saga was this? I can't remember.
>>
>>71616655

>tfw you will never get to watch an entire show where the hapless Gohan wins over the exceedingly tsundere Videl.

Why even live?
>>
>Namek Saga
>Goku is training on his way there
>Goku trains himself close to death multiple times and thus multiplies his power many times over unintentionally (Saiyan hidden trait)
>Krillin and Vegeta are in trouble
>Vegeta tells Krillin to beat him close to death so that he can multiply his strength in order to win the fight
>krillin says he should do it himself
>Vegeta explains that it doesn't work if you do it yourself
>it somehow still worked for Goku.
>>
>>71616841
Something Something the ship did it to him because high gravity.

Still makes more sense than a big guy admitting literally everyone into the afterlife at a desk.
>>
I wonder how many more forms Goku is gonna have by the end of Super

He'll probably be at God 5
>>
>>71616918
I think the manga even specificity says that he did it himself by shooting energy shit at himself and nearly dying to them. Which has to be the most retarded way to train in a spaceship anyway.

As for the big guy, I always Imagined the big guy was just a sub division and there were likely billions like him to admit the souls. I think goku even was surprised at meating him again one time.
Or if it's really just him and he's like an average earth bureaucrat, then he's likely just shy of reaching souls that died just before the bronze age. Maybe that's what purgatory's like? Everyone waiting their turn to be let in by a single worker.
>>
>>71616841
its like you believe that toriyama gave a fuck about coherent writing instead of the fights
>>
>>71616841
There's a difference between getting to the brink of death through exertion and blasting yourself. Not that zenkai isn't being magical anyways
>>
>>71616668

Oh ok
>>
>>71617083
Well, everyone does say the DMV is hell
>>
File: Super-Saiyan-God-Goku.jpg (422 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Super-Saiyan-God-Goku.jpg
422 KB, 1280x720
I think the Battle of the Gods movie is the best thing DB has ever done.
>>
>>71617361

its mediocre mate. literally no implications

best movie is Broly 1 > Battle Island = Android 13 > rest are mediocre or shit
>>
>>71617361
Remember when Goku was buff
>>
>>71617460
i remember when the battles had blood
>>
>>71617460
>1080p

I need to buy an HDD and get all of Dragonball (show, movies) in 1080p.
>>
>>71612928

Frieza Saga was way too long. It was the Saiyin Saga or Piccolo saga.

Cell/andriods was pretty good too but it dragged a bit.

The manga is fine but the Anime stretched things way too long.
>>
Yes, Dragon Ball was on a steady rise up until the end.

Z up until the end of Frieza saga is good if you want a "What If/Alternate Future" type of story.

I don't know if Kai's cut (up until the end of Frieza saga) is superior but I remember liking the original's filler as a kid.

Everything else is officially admitted cash-grabbing trash.

If you're watching dubbed don't even bother.
>>
>>71617592
Cell was breddy gud tho
>>
>>71617592
>If you're watching dubbed don't even bother.

boi...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH_CcJ-uBWI
>>
>>71617592
>everything else is admitted cash-grabbing trash

He only wrote dragonball for cig money. it's always been a cash grab.
>>
Which show had Teenage Goku be confused over an erection and what he was supposed to do with it?
>>
File: 03.jpg (51 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
51 KB, 512x384
>>71617361
>that shit
>the best

nah m8, pic related is the only kino db ever made
>>
File: Cell Absorbs 18.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cell Absorbs 18.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>71617734
No. This is.
>>
>>71617751
Is this that Zone flash?
>>
>>71617751
>>71617941
I'd say it's TFS, but I think they completely removed the parts with 18 inside his tail...thing
>>
OFFICI DBZ FIGHTS POWER RANKINGS:

Frieza fight(all parts)
Nappa and Vegeta fight(all parts)
Piccolo x 17 x Cell
Gotenks x Buu
<POWER GAP>
Everything else.

Goku, Gohan x Perfect Cell was the most retarded fight ever.
>>
DragonBall peaked at season 1.
>>
>>71617751
>GREENED.webm
>>
Are you guys basing your opinions on nostalgia or did you watch Dragon Ball when you were grown ups?
>>
File: dbs_gokublack-1200x675.jpg (70 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
dbs_gokublack-1200x675.jpg
70 KB, 1200x675
>>71618386
I still watch it.
>>
>>71618386
Nostalgia, why would a grown man waste time with a kids show?
>>
I wathced DBZ as a kid is Dragonball good or are you just all nostalgia faggots
>>
>>71618386
i watch it every once in a while, and even thou i still love the fights, sooner or later you realize that the story is fucking retarded

the animation (in the frieza and boo saga) is great and the soundtrack is goat thou
>>
>>71617638
>dat Faulconer
>>
>>71618301
>no Tournament Goku vs Piccolo
>>
>>71618386

I watched DB first so it might be nostalgia, but I definitely missed the sense of adventure and the magical mystic world if original DB compared to Z.

Then again I liked the progression from fantasy setting to gritty Sci-fi.
Feels like a Gloryhammer song
>>
>>71616668
How did he get a hold of Freeza's DNA?
>>
>>71618961

When Freiza and King Cold came to Earth and got BTFO by Trunks.
>>
>>71618961
Cell is from an alternate future.
>>
>>71612888
"huur duur I dranked the magic water so im teh strongest now!!!11!!!"

Fuck off
>>
>>71614296
Well my friend Keith Toriyama actually told me there were sagas that never saw the light of day including broly, a parasite taking over the minds of z fighters so they fight each other, and an ancient god.
>>
>>71619758
The water was just water. The strength came from climbing Karin's tower multiple times. Read the lore.
>>
>>71619910

There was a real God Water though. Yajirobe also drank it
>>
>>71615865
Vegeta vs. that smug c*nt Android 18
>>
>>71619910
Dumbshit
>>
File: peak dragon ball.jpg (41 KB, 581x125) Image search: [Google]
peak dragon ball.jpg
41 KB, 581x125
>>71612888
23rd Tenkaichi Budokai was the peak. This peak can be extended back into the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai and forward into the Namek arc.

Everything before this stretch was still testing waters. Everything after was superfluous and much more poorly written.
>>
>>71618386

i watched dragon ball as a growned up

not a whole lot of meat really, it's nice to see the goofy main cast slowly expand and grow together but
i'm into it for the artwork/environments, and the generally optimistic feel inspired by the cheesy 80's soundtrack

like miyazaki, toriyama's nostalgic love for nature, and that childlike perspective of the hugeness of it all, shines through in his work, and it is contagious.
it's a lovable, optimistic break from reality.
>>
>>71618386
Watched as child and marathoned multiple times as adult.
>>71612888
Objective best is the War on Namek saga right up until Goku and Frieza fight.

I don't care for the fight between Frieza and Goku after he unlocks super saiyan.
>>
>>71617751
whyboner.jpeg
>>
>>71621987
I feel you

Actual event of SSJ Goku vs Frieza is boring and stalls too much
>>
this thread made me realise how much I loved Dragon Ball as a kid. I read the manga, but I never watched all episodes of the anime. Which version/dub is the superior?
>>
File: PiccoloPostboy.Ep.125.png (265 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
PiccoloPostboy.Ep.125.png
265 KB, 720x400
>>71612888

That's not the drivers license episode.
>>
>>71612888

Red Ribbon Army. Best example of DB blending comedy and action with an actual sense of adventure and discovery together.
>>
>>71613866
Not really bitch your just one of those guys who are all mad. I myself always liked to stop after cell but recentely I watched buu arc again and it was fucken great.
>>
>>71621207
Buu was fun.

I haven't seen any of the stuff with the Sphynx though
>>
>>71616734
Saiyaman Saga.

Just Google "Goku and Piccolo learn to drive".
>>
>>71614147
>>71614325

>Toriyama was originally going to end the series after Freeza. Goku would actually succeed in killing Freeza, then die in Planet Namek’s explosion. However, Dragon Ball was so popular by then that Toriyama’s editors forced him to continue, so he hastily brought Goku and Freeza back to life and began the Cell storyline.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/freeza/
>>
>>71614461
I always thought the series handled the time travel surprisingly well; it wasn't some magic fix, and ended up causing problems of its own.
>>
>>71612888
Yep.

Piccolo Jr saga was alright, and then in DBZ it all went to shit.

I would have liked the Frieza sagas if they were all the show consisted of, but then they just repeated the entire thing twice more with Cell and Buu in place.

Actually, I kinda enjoyed the Buu sagas. Nothing is worse than the Cell sagas though, except maybe the Commander Blue saga in Dragon Ball.
>>
>>71622500
Underrated. Easily best dragonkino episode.
>>
>>71625210
You can tell, too.

They have that shitty saga with "Garlic Jr" as filler, and then bring back Frieza just to piss people off.

Trunks was the only redeeming part about the Cell sagas. The Cell saga is basically just the Frieza sagas all over again, except worse.
>>
>>71625210
>This claim has thoroughly permeated online Dragon Ball fandom, becoming accepted as simply “common knowledge” amongst most fans. For instance, when former Viz editor Jason Thompson wrote an article on Dragon Ball for his “House of 1,000 Manga” feature on Anime News Network, he made a passing reference to how “apparently Toriyama wanted to end the story after the Freeza arc”, but does not provide any source. People might not be able to tell you exactly where Toriyama said this was his plan, but they know he did say it somewhere, because, well, everybody apparently knows that he did.

>The simple answer would just be for us to say that, as fans who have read virtually all of Toriyama’s published interviews and aim to document this as best we can, he has in fact never said that in any interview we have ever seen. It is of course possible that he did say it in an interview which we have not seen, but nobody ever seems to be able to identify what interview that might be.

read your own sources idiot
>>
>>71622500
Despite being filler, I quite enjoyed that one.

Something in Dragon Ball which was really good was that after a saga, and before the next saga, they'd usually have a few one off episodes to show you a little more of the world. Often it would help to transition into the next saga too, it was quite nice.
>>
>>71619877
Yeah well my friend Terry Toriyama actually told me that the parasites weren't actually parasites but RR nanobots instead.
>>
>>71622401

German dub is the objectively best if you speak german.
Otherwise try to geta dub that uses the original soundtrack and not the Faulcner crap
>>
>>71616073
I don't see how a constant increase in power makes the show bad, should they have all stayed the same?
>>
>>71612928
He said "dragonball" not "dragonball z."
>>
>>71617592
Kai did much better with Frieza than the original funi dub
>>
>>71622401
Funi's dub of Dragonball is surprisingly good
>>
>>71612888

no it was HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AH HAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA UHHHH!!!!
>>
>>71630175

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Oc8mBIQfg
>>
File: db56-11[1].jpg (56 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
db56-11[1].jpg
56 KB, 640x480
Penguin Village arc was the peak of Dragon Ball.
>>
>>71630377

back when they actually put effort into drawing and animated

holy fuck anime today is such shit quality
no wonder i stopped with the weebshit
>>
>>71630377

The japanese music is so much more hype than the gay american electrohouse crap
>>
>>71612888
Yes. The King Piccolo Saga was the best saga of the franchise.
>>
>>71630570

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LcRRXPPDDc
>>
>>71615865
Goku vs. KP was a lot better than his fight with Piccolo Jr. The Jr. Fight was an hours of random as spills. The King fight was straight up two equally matched opponents struggling to beat the other in raw combat.
>>
Saiyan saga. I like it so much I condensed it down to a 3 hour movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5QIpF9Xz-U
>>
>>71632019

Huh, I didn't know Yajirobe had the same voice as Krillin and Luffy
>>
>>71616292
How would "Future Evil Goku" be able to even compare at this point? Isn't Goke Super SSJ god now?
>>
File: Namkefags.png (1 MB, 1025x765) Image search: [Google]
Namkefags.png
1 MB, 1025x765
>>71632019

Namekfags be like
>>
>>71632704
That's not how DB works, you don't get to be unbeatably powerful unless you're Zeno. Who knows what black goku is capable of
>>
>>71632704

He doesn't. Goku just holds back because he's an idiot.
>>
>>71632019
holy shit the ANIMATION is amaizing, I cannot believe stuff was animated so good by FUCKING HAND 20 years ago but today making everything digital makes it look like shit
>>
>>71630570
Oh man this, I'm so sick of these faggots claiming that their retarded music is better than the original.

https://youtu.be/MdNSxRyxwRk
>>
>>71633271
What the hell is that at
1:12:49
>>
>>71632019
also piccolo blew up the moon?
>>
>>71634074

How did the moon come back anyway?
I thought Roshi blew it up?
>>
>>71634169
>>71634074
>During the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament, Goku mentions that Kami removed his tail during his training on Kami's Lookout so that the moon could be fixed. The moon is later seen, in Dragon Ball Z, indicating that it has indeed been restored.
>>
File: 569610960.jpg (22 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
569610960.jpg
22 KB, 400x300
This very moment was the peak of dragon ball/z/gt/super/whatever

If you disagree you're obviously a cuck who thinks that dragon ball is about fighting when it has always been about comedy.
>>
File: litterallyme.jpg (14 KB, 401x301) Image search: [Google]
litterallyme.jpg
14 KB, 401x301
>>71634478
>>
>>71632019
The background music is not the original Dragon Ball Z music.
>>
File: 1324823941757.jpg (47 KB, 478x526) Image search: [Google]
1324823941757.jpg
47 KB, 478x526
>>71634478
I agree.
>>
File: CellPerfectKame.png (378 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
CellPerfectKame.png
378 KB, 640x480
>>71612888
King Piccolo best saga of DB. Cell saga is the best of DBZ
>>71615796
Thanks Doc!
>>
>/a/utists on /tv/

that explains why /tv/'s been so shit
>>
>>71634669

Why would I watch Dragonball for boobs, if I could just watch Ranma 1/2?
>>
>>71614237
I mean, especially in the Manga, the story pretty much wraps up after Frieza saga. Then you have time machine Trunks saying that after a time skip a new enemy will arise, and androids slaughter half of the team in one issue.
>>
>>71634669
wow dude middle left, that ass is from the 90s but it looks like the girls of today, such a nice ass
>>
File: 1464036538310.jpg (51 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
1464036538310.jpg
51 KB, 600x656
>>71634478
>japanese """""""""""comedy""""""""""""
>>
>>71634739
haven't you heard? dragon ball is the only patrician anime/manga.
>>
File: DragonballZ-Movie12_1154-1-.jpg (83 KB, 712x395) Image search: [Google]
DragonballZ-Movie12_1154-1-.jpg
83 KB, 712x395
>>71613866
The movies were pretty good

not the recent ones I mean like the original Broly movies etc
>>
>>71634669

>Not posting the one where she pulls a diamond out of her vagina
>>
File: Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes.png (487 KB, 500x688) Image search: [Google]
Legend_of_the_Galactic_Heroes.png
487 KB, 500x688
>>71634832
>dragon ball is the only patrician anime
Please
>>
>>71634839

I disagree. Battle of Gods was the only Dragonball movie I actually liked
>>
>>71634832
>patrician
>anime and manga
>>
>>71634873
This is meme anime
>>
>All these retards saying db super is a meme

It's awesome and you fags have bad personalities
>>
>>71634873
>i'm crossposting from /v/ starter pack
>>
>>71634828
if you knew anything about torityama you would know that he was actually a fucking lazy dude who only cared about working as little as possible and get paid just enough to live on. That's why he started dragon ball, because it was a comedy manga and comedy mangas are just 18 pages per month as opposed to 30 something for serious animes. He never wanted it to become a huge success nor make it about fighting, but all the autists in the world thought the fighting was great and the editor kept pushing toriyama for more and more fighting. He hated it and that's why he tried to stop the series so many times.

Dragon ball always was and always will be comedy. Wether you like it or not is irrelevant. I fucking love it, funniest manga ever if you ask me.
>>
>>71613966
Nope.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/intended-end/
>>
File: 1324823474814.jpg (132 KB, 1090x932) Image search: [Google]
1324823474814.jpg
132 KB, 1090x932
>>71634744
Because Bulma.
>>
>>71634881

It was the only canon movie, and went back to the comedy of original DB that made the series great in the first place.
>>
>>71634999

I don't remember this
>>
File: legend.jpg (444 KB, 1568x1132) Image search: [Google]
legend.jpg
444 KB, 1568x1132
>>71634873
>>
>>71616292
>No Shunsuke Kikuchi soundtracks
>Badly drawn characters
>Childish concepts with no nuance
>Terrible fights and animation

Why are people watching this new DBZ crap?
>>
>>71635028
europeans and americans got cucked by censorship.
Many scenes were removed because "muh not appropriate for young audiences".
>>
File: CxkwIaX.gif (3 MB, 426x317) Image search: [Google]
CxkwIaX.gif
3 MB, 426x317
>>71634841
>>
>>71634984
Im implying that japanese people arent funny not that dragon ball isnt comedy
>>
>>71634633
It uses DB Kai, so different music and some redrawn frames.
>>
>>71635028
That's because it's from a movie
>>
>>71634999

Puff Puff?
>>
>>71634839
I remember being really butthurt for not being able see that movie in the theatre.
Everyone did but me ( ._.)
>>
>>71625210
It was supposed to end with the Cell saga, dummy.

I'll fucking fight you all day erryday, I'm autistic when it comes to Dragon Ball. I know what that dirty Nip was thinking when he was planning his comic strip.

Let's fight over Evangelion while we're at it.
>>
>>71635140

what movie
>>
>>71612888
>ITT: No girls
>>
>>71635099

Holy shit
>>
>>71635099
After that he smelled it.
>>
>>71635190
I don't know, one of the shitty movies from the first anime. Curse of the Blood Rubies probably.
>>
>>71617751

God damn it why is that so sexy
>>
>>71635119
Dragon ball is comedy gold. This is pretty much an objective fact. Generations had fun with it. Don't blame a whole people because your funny nerve is limp.

Also,
>gintama
>early naruto
>etc

The only occidental culture item that had me lol is 21 jump street, and maybe the first ted. Japanese people have a great sense of humor, they're much less concerned by social taboos in their creations and know what fun is all about. (letting go)
>>
>>71634873

Thats not Full Metal Panic
>>
>>71635181
That brief time period where Piccolo is the strongest after fusing with Kami is awesome
>>
>>71635099

>not even a bulge

damn she's a slut
>>
File: apu.jpg (32 KB, 644x492) Image search: [Google]
apu.jpg
32 KB, 644x492
>>71635053
>Spoke
>still virgin
>>
>>71632019
>No original Shunsuke Kikuchi soundtracks
>>
>>71632019
>o
Goku's Jap voice is the shittiest thing ever
>>
>>71615796
thanks doc
>>
>>71615796
thx Doctor
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.