[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you walked up to Scarlett Johannsen and asked her, "Without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: scarjo3-50.jpg (309 KB, 878x1170) Image search: [Google]
scarjo3-50.jpg
309 KB, 878x1170
If you walked up to Scarlett Johannsen and asked her, "Without using Google, tell me who Masamune Shirow is."

What do you think she would say?
>>
>>71612753
>see the large neckbeard with pillow wifu in arm
>"SECURITY!!!!!!!"
>>
>>71612753
SECURITY!
>>
>>71612753
>What do you think she would say?

Fucked the guy when reading through the script.
>>
>swn laugh as you get beaten up by her bodyguards
;_;
>>
>>71612753
She'd bing it
>>
she would snap her fingers and 2 300 lbs gorilla bodyguards would beat the shit out of you for being an autistic retard
>>
Shirow is a freak weirdo that has nothing to do with why people like Ghost in the Shell.
>>
>>71612753
>what...get the fuck away from me!
>>
Shirow stopped drawing manga fucking years ago. Almost two decades!

I say fuck him.
>>
>>71614409
I liked the manga
>>
Probably she would correct all the neckbeards who would call him Masa-moon Shee-roe
>>
>>71614698
the manga isn't bad by any means but it's largely mamoru oshii's adaption that created the sort of reverence you hear people talk about gits with
>>
>>71612753
After the two 7 foot tall gorillas she uses as bodyguards are done destroying you she'd tell you to get a life and stop being a nerd
>>
>>71615315
muh dick
>>
>>71615075
agreed. the movie was my first exposure to gits, but I suspect most people in the west are only familiar with gits through SAC
>>
>>71615422

> ywn discover Appleseed in the early 90s, wanting Shirow to complete that story, and getting the GitS manga instead.
> ywn become a post-Appleseed GitS fan before the movie even existed
> ywn see the movie, SAC, and Arise as pale shadows of the thing you already know and love.

Maybe it's just because I'm a sucker for origin stories, but I really like Arise. It's not the origin of the Motoko from the Manga, but it's a really satisfying interpretation of what she might have been like when she was younger and less experienced.

I'm looking forward to the movie, just to see whether it's a forgettable derivative work, or an addition to the idea of Motoko Kusanagi.
>>
>>71615803
Ywn be an autistic Japanese cartoon watching weeb

Feels good man xD
>>
>>71615803
Why are they making Arise in movie format? The series have shown the great potential for letting characters develop in this interesting setting and there are so many movies now with new ideas that they also could have filled a series with.

I know at some point you might run out of inspiration but every six month a new movie is getting really annoying because I'm not going back to the start to catch up on everything.
>>
>>71615870
It's a narrative medium like any other. Sturgeon's Law applies: 99% of it is shit. But GitS has been pretty good in all its forms over the years. I'm sorry your interest in it begins and ends with ScarJo's feet.
>>
>>71616086
I have no idea. Must be some weird new Japanese thing.

In ten years we'll probably all be doing it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.